It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is CNN stepping on Ron Paul?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
If you believe the reason they dont include Ron Paul in the polls is because he is not STRONG ENOUGH than you arent paying attention.

There not including him in any polls because he is TOO STRONG.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
That doesn't make sense; they include Paul in every poll. If he were so strong and they were excluding him, we would see a higher number of undecideds.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Which, if you did your research thats exactly what is happening. All the polls that dont include Paul show anywhere from 22%-30% as UNDECIDED.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Ron Paul is being stepped on by CNN because the right-wing media is intent on suppressing anybody who dare question America's foreign policy the way he has. Anyone who says that CNN is backing Clinton because Paul is a threat to her is just dense. We haven't even reached the primaries, so how on Earth is Paul a threat to Clinton if neither have even been selected?

Simple. As. That.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
And how do you leave someone off the polls if they are already enough of a political figure to be in the debates? I mean, those debates were not set up the night before.

So Ron Paul was a well enough recognized figure in the system to get into the debates, yet he's too obscure to make it onto the polls?

It still smells like fish.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Another thing you need to take a look at is Ron Paul is receiving quite a NEW following from Democrats as well. I think a lot of Democrats are mad because they continued to fund the war even though they won the House last year running on an Anti Iraq ticket. There are a lot of people who are Democrats who are going to register as Republicans just because of Ron Paul and the continued war mongering on both sides.

Should be interesting.

I really wish they would get rid of the electronic voting machines because we all know they can be hacked and have no paper back up. They should make it mandatory that we vote on paper. Oh yeah, the hanging CHADS incident. Seems like a GREAT excuse to use electronic voting machines.

I get so sick and tired of this crap I hardly cant stand it anymore.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Oddly, I don't imagine too many Democratic Underground posters would spam a poll to favor a Libertarian candidate running as a Republican. Seems... counterintuitive. Like people from FreeRepublic spamming a poll to favor John Edwards.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Well, I read many of the posts people were making on the Petition to keep Ron Paul in the debates and there were MANY Democrats stating they were changing partys just to vote for him.

Here is Ron Paul on the Bill Mahr show which should give you some hope that Ron can win by crossing party lines and appealing to EVERYONE not just appealing to his party base. I love this.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
Which, if you did your research thats exactly what is happening. All the polls that dont include Paul show anywhere from 22%-30% as UNDECIDED.

But that's not much different from the numbers in the polls that include Paul.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Togetic

Originally posted by hoochymama

But that's not much different from the numbers in the polls that include Paul.

which are next to none. Go look at how many polls have been taken, than look at how many polls include Ron Paul. Not only that, but to get an idea of these "polls", they survey "randomly" maybe a thousand or two thousand people. maybe less. These polls are worthless.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
So then the polls are just wrong, is that it togetic? Because Ron Paul did get invited to the debate, so he is a viable candidate, and not a joke. But the polls don't show that because either enough people haven't made up their minds or the 4-5% error margin just misses him.

Well, I'm not an expert, and I can see how this might explain it. It seems to explain it much to conveniently, but anything is possible.

So what does he have to do to get a rise in his numbers? Or even a downturn? How does he keep from setting right where he is, despite the fact that he is causing so much fuss and bother to Ranting Rudy and all the rest?

I'm curious to see this.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Ya Da.. Ya Da... Ya Da...........................

Now,for you people who let everyone think for you, here is a new thought. Simply put, follow these simple steps.

1. Think for yourself
2. Think for yourself
3. Think for yourself

See, its that easy, take your mind back from Shawn Hanity, Rush Limbough, Hillery Clinton, Obama whats his name, and of course, BILL O REILLY. Take your mind back, from the Worshipful Master, Priest, Minister, and Dali Lama.

Take your mind back from your High School Teacher, your local political Guru. Give yourself the benefit of the doubt.

Listen to what the man is saying, listen to the words that come out of his mouth. Then vote for him, and hold him to his word, if he fails, then you have every right, to judge him, but not before.

If anything, Judge those who have spoken, and you voted for, then did not follow what they said then would.

But above all, think for yourself!!!

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
which are next to none. Go look at how many polls have been taken, than look at how many polls include Ron Paul. Not only that, but to get an idea of these "polls", they survey "randomly" maybe a thousand or two thousand people. maybe less. These polls are worthless.

That's not true. I just posted a bunch of polls in a previous post. The fact is that the networks just started including Paul within the last few weeks because he gained notoriety.

[edit: clipped nested quote]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 27-5-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
So then the polls are just wrong, is that it togetic? Because Ron Paul did get invited to the debate, so he is a viable candidate, and not a joke. But the polls don't show that because either enough people haven't made up their minds or the 4-5% error margin just misses him.
I think the polls are right. I think that this perceived groundswell is an illusion. Either that or it is a house of cards.

Well, I'm not an expert, and I can see how this might explain it. It seems to explain it much to conveniently, but anything is possible.

So what does he have to do to get a rise in his numbers? Or even a downturn? How does he keep from setting right where he is, despite the fact that he is causing so much fuss and bother to Ranting Rudy and all the rest?

I'm curious to see this.
As someone in the business, I would advise Paul to try and cobble together a coalition of like-minded voters. Unfortunately, I don't think there are enough like-minded voters. Those who might agree with his foreign policy may not be pleased when he probably says that he wants to abolish Social Security, Medicare, and the IRS, and never go anywhere near a socialized system of medicine.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Its really quite simple. The media is owned by powerful zionists. They want the US to continue warring in the middle east. They want the US to continue sending Israel tens of billions of dollars every year. Ron Paul wants to pull out of the middle east completely leaving Isreal defenseless. Ron Paul wants to reduce spending in government leaving Isreal without our money.

[edit on 27-5-2007 by Golack]

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
i thought he won most of the polls and thats why all of the chaos. he won fox's polls after the debate and hannity couldnt believe it and nearly choked ron in the interview....msnbc poll ron won both debate polls and is still way ahead...i thought all of this has been discussed. i mean this is one of the reasons ron is being talked about is because the goonballs like hannity and rush cant believe hes winning in the debates. isnt there tons of threads about this with videos and poll numbers...etc...??

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golack
Its really quite simple. The media is owned by powerful zionists. They want the US to continue warring in the middle east. They want the US to continue sending Israel tens of billions of dollars every year. Ron Paul wants to pull out of the middle east completely leaving Isreal defenseless. Ron Paul wants to reduce spending in government leaving Isreal without our money.

[edit on 27-5-2007 by Golack]
Ah, of course, it's them Jews. I should have known. That's no argument, and without clear and convincing proof, it's racist. Why is it so hard to accept that no one gives a flying flip about Ron Paul? It happens: you agree with someone but no one else does. I agree with a lot of what Ron Paul says--more than you might realize--but I recognize that no one else agrees. It happens; it's called democracy. He's had a platform on television to explain his beliefs, but he was unable to bring himself to national prominence in the Congress and that's his fault. It's a shame, I happen to think that this country needs 8 years of libertarian rule. But just because other people are too dumb to disagree doesn't mean that there's a Jewish conspiracy behind it all.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
togetic,Thank you for your insights on this. I'm sure others in his camp are telling him the same things on how to get his numbers up.

Is there any way to really calculate the undecided and Democrats that he might pull in? I would think it impossible, but you're the pro at that.

Golack,while I am sure that all of these things play into the mix, the LOBBY machine being one of the worst evils in America, I doubt that it can be all there is to it. I doubt it is that simple, as very little about politics is ever simple.

Funkydung, I thought the same way, which is why I am so perplexed. So where does the real evidence lie? Is there evidence for this that is being ignored/suppressed? Or is this really just wishful thinking by those who feel he's the man we all need in '08?

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Ah, of course, it's them Jews. I should have known. That's no argument, and without clear and convincing proof, it's racist.

Please don't conflate "Zionist" with "Jewish". It is intellectually dishonest and diversionary. Plenty of "Jewish" people are highly critical of "Zionist" policy.

[edit on 27-5-2007 by Pilot]

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Pilot, I agree. I am sure that too many people use the terms interchangeably. It is the same way that so many, even here in America, confuse the political leadership with America the nation or the people of America. Not good, but a hard habit to break.

The 2% that control 80% of everything come from every country, and are of every race, and every religion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join