It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Einstein's Tea Leaves Inspire New Blood Separation Technique

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Well this is so interesting I had to share it.
I love Einstein and I am a person with a rare blood condition and I am a medical professional so this to me is very interesting.
Its a way to seperate blood with the theory of tea leafs that Einstein explained.

go figure....the man was a genius and so are these researchers.

But because of a phenomenon called the "tea leaf paradox," the particles are instead pulled inward near the bottom of the chamber. Einstein proposed an explanation to this phenomenon in 1926 when he noticed that tea leaves collected at the center of the bottom of a stirred teacup instead of being expelled outward.

The tiny chamber of blood, like the teacup, is a cylinder of liquid that is rotated at the top while the base remains stationary. To satisfy a zero-velocity condition at the base, an inward force near the bottom of the liquid is generated, suppressing the centrifugal force there. Thus the microscopic particles spiral inward toward the bottom of the chamber like a miniature tornado, leaving a clear layer of plasma above.

www.aip.org...

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
it's so novel and common sense that it kind of takes my faith out of the scientific community a little. why is this a -new- invention?

new topics

join