It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Pig! shot by 11 year old boy "sad news"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Didint know what to post this but mabe the mods can move this to a correct sector. Sad news I had read today about a giant pig, I wonder what tis planet is turing into when an 11 year old boy with a .30 rev shoots down a giant uniqe pig.

www.foxnews.com...

www.monsterpig.com...

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Feral pigs are very dangerous animals. They're smart, strong and determined, and have very short tempers. They are also very delicious.

It's not like he killed off the last of a species or anything, just a large, destructive, escaped domestic animal.

But wow! 700 pounds of sausage! They could market it under a special label and earmark the proceeds towards the kid's college fund.

I'm not against hunting, especially when it's on sort of equal footing like this. Yeah, I know, the pig didn't have a gun but it was HUGE and pigs are hard to stop. I wouldn't want to try to take down a rhino or another animal that large with just a handgun, so that kid has some mighty big cojones.

Now I'm hungry for bacon. And I'm fresh out. Dang.

[edit to add a letter "k"]

[edit on 26-5-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I'm thinking huge spit-roast on the beach.

I bet the boys old man has a smile right now a mile wide.

Nice shooting son!

Err yes very sad news, if you happen to be a giant pig.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Wow, that one big pig!

I have to agree it's not too sad...millions of pigs are slaughtered probably daily around the world.

Makes me hungry for some ham...I think I decided what I want for dinner! D

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
and to think, the kids not haming it up for the camera or hogging the limelight on the topic but he probably will have his snout in the trough to make some bacon for his college fund if he decides to sell some of the 1000lb porker.

thats one hell of a tail to tell his kids when he's older, imagine the size of his xmas leg of ham!

im sure he's trotting around out the back smoking the ham as we speak.

[edit on 27/7/07 by Obliv_au]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I think this story has been pretty much proven to be a hoax. There was a pig, but nowhere near as large as claimed.

[edit on 7/27/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This was discussed a while ago on ATS.

Turned out the hog was HUGE, but it wasn't a wild hog!

A farmer raised it and couldn't bear to kill it, so he gave it to a game perserve where this kid shot it. The way the photo was taken also makes the hog look bigger.

Hogs don't grow this big in the wild due to the fact that they have to hunt/scavenge/browse for their food, where farm raised hogs just lay around, get fed, and get BIG!

Here's a story about a 1,980 pound pig!

World's biggest pig?

Chinese officials figure a 1,980-pound pig that died from lack of exercise has a shot at being named the world's biggest pig. They plan to apply for a listing in the Guinness Book of Records, the government's news agency said Monday.

The pig, which was 8 feet 3 inches long, is already the heaviest ever reported in China, the official Xinhua News Agency said
******SKIP******
But "it had grown too big to move around," said Liu Mingyu, a professor at Liaoning University, who said it died from lack of exercise.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I hate to dig the pit for his cochon de lait.

Could be digging for days!

new topics

top topics

join