It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUGE HOLE on Mars Surface! Deep Abyss?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Found another one of those huge black holes...

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   
A little while back we were discussing clouds and a "thin" Atmosphere on Mars...

I presented the Mars1 Humvee and have yet to get my questions answered

However here now is ABSOLUTE PROOF that SOMEONE knows how thick the atmosphere on Mars really is...

I mean after all, don't you need quite a bit of AIR to fly an airplane?

Air Force Research Laboratory (My favorite place for interesting tech
)

AFRL Tests Mars Flyer Concept

Thats right folkes... our very own Air Force is planning for a Mars detachment....

I tell you what... Humvee's, now fancy airplanes... I wanna know where to sign up! Exploration sure has taken a giant leap forward into luxury

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Hello all, I reckon it's strange so many took someones word that there is NO detail in the BLACK part of the image without attempting to process the image themselves. Why there is a NASA statement that says NO detail visible in the black, when there clearly IS detail after processing is beyond me.
This was done in a 2 step forward 1 step back process.
All I manipulated were brightness, contrast, density.

Here are the final two processed images. This data is from the full resolution 440 mb JP2 download.

It appears that the camera scan lines are now visible as dark diagonal lines, there is a little more there as well, noise, dark image, ????

Something anyway, not nothing.

and,

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Yesterday, a new photo of that hole was published, here.

In this new photo the Sun was a little lower, so the West side of the inside of hole is visible.

A new photo with two new holes that look like the first one (but not deep, we can see the bottom of both) was also published, here.

It almost looks like something is eating Mars.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

It almost looks like something is eating Mars.

Must be all that Acid rain....

Oh wait... that's Venus

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Hay gays
how are you?

Great that the hole/ cave is finally given a closer look ..... I can see the grey/lighter shadow and the light on the eastern wall , but what is the 'blackness' beneath, divided by clear line that go around the hole. A line of....liquid perhaps
!?

* original image:

[edit on 31-8-2007 by blue bird]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue bird
Hay gays
how are you?

Nice to see you back!! Long Vacation... hope you had fun

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks Zorgon...yeah, almost 2 months ( its funny on the firm soil, no tools in pockets and nothing to fix..
)

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by blue bird

Listen email me at [email protected] I have something I need to show you and need help tracking down. Its regarding a NASA file that shows something, but they didn't provide the info to track what they showed. I think you will be amazed considering the source, but I don't want to display it until we can track the originals

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Could it be holes of huge worms?

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
There is this hollow earth theory, could there be a hollow mars than to ?

They say the water supply on mars in under the surface

But thats all more skunk works right.

Just wild guessing

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I don't think it's a liquid, if you look at the original picture the dark grey area blends into the light grey area fairly smoothly in the top area of the crater, not to mention the fact that due to low atmosperic pressure if the crater was in sunlight it would boil off fairly quickly.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by lonemaverick

The boiling would depend on the liquid, not all liquids would boil at Mars temperature and pressure, right?

Pure water would boil, but probably water with a more or less high salinity would not boil

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Yes, it depends on the liquid and whether or not it has anything dissolved in it. And I've even read some NASA reports about Opportunity where they mention that there could be water mixed with large amounts of salts in the soil in liquid form. So it could be possible. But, if it was a large body of water, I would expect it to be much cloudier, since Mars has frequent dust storms that would blow lots of dust and dirt into the water.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
Could it be holes of huge worms?

NEWS FLASH...

CNN Exclusive....

GIANT SPACEWORMS SEEN DEVOURING PLANETS

Photos at Eleven...

June 25, 2007

Space worms land in B.C., after hopping shuttle

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
While I'm not suggesting these Martian holes are due to stormwater drains leaking. It does bear a striking resemblance to the catastrophic events in Guatemala a while back.
www.ordena.com...

I also remember seeing something about a large series of similar looking sink holes in South America somewhere, they had filled with fresh water and people were diving in them.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Has anybody seen the movie Alien vs Predator? These holes look as though they were drilled like in the movie. Who knows but very interesing indeed.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Man those things are huge.

Still no clues about their origin?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by blue bird
Dunno...I enlarged negative and put a color for contrast - and it looks like something is inside - some kind of fluid (doesn't look photoshopped)

By adjusting the threshold with photoshop, this is what's left. Any thoughts?

Original Picture from the OP's source www.planetary.org...

Threshold

Would someone like to double check this?. Download the image and open it into photoshop. Zoom in about 400% until the "crater" is in full view. Now select the "crater" portion with the eliptical marquee tool. Select image / from the top menu bar. Scroll down to adjustents and then down to threshold. In the threshhold menu move the white cursor arrow all the way to the left under the spike in data. What did you get?

[edit on 9-9-2007 by Ruiner]

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join