It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUGE HOLE on Mars Surface! Deep Abyss?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuncanIdahoGholem
It looks like water in them thar holes.

Water - yes...that was also my initial idea!

* Zacaton Cenote in central Mexico

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuncanIdahoGholem
If this were a massive underground cavern that a meteorite punched a hole into it could contain a lot of water. NASA was saying a few weeks ago if you melted the ice in the poles of Mars the water would cover the surface 11 ft deep. Photo evidence show the poles recede back to f all during the summer, the water must go somewhere

I dunno about meteor punching the hole, but the water / ice bit is very true.

And where does it go.. cant just all freeze, then liquify, then freeze, never gaining or losing any molecules, which would mean no life is on it because it would be using, as in consuming -some- degree of water, not enough for us to see from the sky though. So good point.

I too think there could be vast underground oceans on Mars.

But not stopping there. I think our little "ET" problem, for those of us who believe we are seeing alien craft in the UFO vids lately, could just be coming from Mars.

Wouldnt that explain everything, the distance and the tech, and how they get here to Earth and back. It would explain why their planet is all dust and *snip* now, because maybe *snip* it up or it got "*snip* up" and so they live under the ground.

This would explain some of their feature. Large ass eyes to see in the darkness and discern reflection off water in underground pools where they may live. Pale grey skin from living underground with little sunlight ("greys").

The people on Earth who say "We think they are living out West or in the Ocean, and their spaceships just fly right into the ground, holes in the ground." just got a powerful new tool to make their case.

I say the first expedition to Mars should be equipped with some kind of protective weapons, and they should search this underground out. I say send like, a whole platoon of Astronauts out there, send a small army and have them split into teams.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27-5-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
blue bird

This looks better! I mean the hole. Just like the one on Mars!

Cheers!

[edit on 27-5-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
I say the first expedition to Mars should be equipped with some kind of protective weapons, and they should search this underground out. I say send like, a whole platoon of Astronauts out there, send a small army and have them split into teams.

Its okay... Space Command has that covered...
Wait till the Chinese try to go to the moon, then you'll see

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
blue bird

This looks better! I mean the hole. Just like the one on Mars!

Great job Mike

Do we have a case here?

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

That looks odd. Like a meteor impact that has no regular crater hole. or perhaps its a geyser?

That appears to be one of the better possible answers I have seen so far as to what may have caused this if they do exist that is.

One would think that NASA or whoever would be trying there best to look inside at the right time of day when the sun was overhead if they truly believed it was a hole/cavern, but there is no mention, so one can only assume they have no idea what it really is.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Here's an image I found on Google Earth Community. This is a good example of what happens when the camera is blinded by light it cannot process.

The over exposed reflection turns black or shades of gray.

Now, I'm just throwing this out there for thought. If our alien neighbors were doing their own research on Mars, the tops of their craft would reflect light back in this manner. Very shiny surfaces witnessed on most craft, so doesn't really surprise me.

I'm as interested in this as I am the gigantic hexagonal shape seen on the northern pole of Saturn.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Interesting post TheExaminer, perhaps this does lead to something else entirely...thanks for bringing this forth.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
That appears to be one of the better possible answers I have seen so far as to what may have caused this if they do exist that is.

One would think that NASA or whoever would be trying there best to look inside at the right time of day when the sun was overhead if they truly believed it was a hole/cavern, but there is no mention, so one can only assume they have no idea what it really is.

Ummmm I suppose you simply ignored what NASA says about the hole in forming your opinion

This is not an impact crater as it lacks a raised rim or ejecta. What's amazing is that we cannot see any detail in the shadow! The cutout shows this dark spot and a version that is "stretched" to best see the darkest area, yet we still cannot see details except noise (1380x782, 1 MB).

The HiRISE camera is very sensitive and we can see details in almost any shadow on Mars, but not here. We also cannot see the deep walls of the pit. The best interpretation is that this is a collapse pit into a cavern or at least a pit with overhanging walls. We cannot see the walls because they are either perfectly vertical and extremely dark or, more likely, overhanging.

NASA HiRISE

:bash:

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Personally I think it looks blacked out... then again I love conspiracies!

They should shoot an image using some sort of thermal imaging, if it is as deep as it appears the temp will certainly be different from the surface..

I wonder if mars center is still warm...

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I think that if it was in some way filled with a liquid substance of any kind that was at least able to catch some light we would be able to get some light reflecting off of it and catch it with HiRISE...(if it is Oil...then the Bush Boys better get their arses up there and get it.....my bank account is getting smaller and smaller
). There is evidence of these sorts of caves and punch throughs in the US...I myself have seen them on amatuer caving trips in Kentucky no less. So with that in mind....

If it was a impact crater, then anything large enough to make this "crater" would have left visible marks as the release stated. They would be visible. So its a no vote on impact....I mean there is no structural cracks or evidence of geologic trauma.

If it was a "eruptive" punch through, then I would think that it would show signs of that as well, some kind of rim variation that in my opinion doesnt reflect what Im seeing. And even if there was in the past and the martian winds and such eroded the remnants away that leaves the question as to why it would be overhanging instead of a vent type of eruption crater, as evidenced by the many examples we have here on our own planet. So I dont see that.

Meaning that it would be at least logicial to assume that the cave in question *is* most likly a sinkhole....but there are problems with that as well, based on the picture.....

I know that cameras are sensetive, and are only as good as their processing equipment....but the light reflecting off the rim in facinating. The light is visibly coming from the "north east". And yet as the rim obviously receeds to darkness, the crater lights up even more. Strange. I dont believe I have come across that. (If there is evidence of that, please set me straight)

Perhaps there is some kind of new material in the area that causes such an anomaly; maybe it is the sign of naturally occuring meta material. But thats just a theory - it has most of the tell tale signs of a sink hole. But with one of this size....
the area underneath must be GIGANTIC.

I volunteer to go to Mars and go down there!

That is unless the last possible theory is correct - and it IS made artifically. Naw, the hell with it...Id go anyway. Im good at Halo...

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaja sinis
That is unless the last possible theory is correct - and it IS made artifically. Naw, the hell with it...Id go anyway. Im good at Halo...

lol I kick ass at Halo also, just give me an Advanced Space Combat Suit, a Nice Riffle and some nades and im good to go!
so beam me up Scottie!!!

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaja sinis
I volunteer to go to Mars and go down there!

well lets hope we won't need those blasters

I will go along if you don't mind, but first I need to arrange to borrow this for a few weeks...

Pegasus News Release... Time Shifted dated to July 27, 2003

On the Fossil Fuel Vehicle aspect...

I have a few questions that I would really like to get answers for, so perhaps a few phone calls to get some real answers is in order... Its off topic a little, but not to far...

The topic is Mars

The Topic in particular is the new "rover" the Martian astronauts will use on Mars..

The MARS1 HUMVEE...

What I want to know is this...

A) What fuel are they going to use...
B) Is the passenger/driver area pressurized or will they need space suits
C) How are they going to heat it when temps drop to minus 200 celcius
D) How the hell are they going to get it up there?

Now on D) I could assume they will use the anti gravity we suspect they have or the simple way with the Aquila cargo transport once they get it into Low Earth Earth orbit.. but the other three are a mystery to me...

I wrote the Hummer people but no response yet. Now they have been testing and using this thing since 2003 in Haughton Crater in the Arctic on a "Mars on Earth" project... so it DOES exist...

Anyone got any ideas? Oh and one last question... why have we not heard about this thingy yet?

Haughton Mars Project

At least they won't have to worry about fixing a flat

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
It's surprising that these holes have taken this long to 'surface' on ATS - this info was in the news several months ago. Have the pics only been released now? Also, not all the holes found appear 'bottomless' as I remember reading that the bottom was detectable in one though it was very deep - at least 130 meters. I'm not sure if it was one of the 'seven sisters' though.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
No - it's new .. first there was very carefully distant image of “7sisters“ and this one, “Jeanne“ is first targeted for closer image ( 25 cm per pixel). And, no, they don't have a clue about depth of the hole - coz HIRSE could not see a thing - just this pitch black image.

But I am surprised that we don't have any information about temperature!

[edit on 28-5-2007 by blue bird]

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I wrote the Hummer people but no response yet. Now they have been testing and using this thing since 2003 in Haughton Crater in the Arctic on a "Mars on Earth" project... so it DOES exist...

Well the word is that AM General is teaming up with General Dynamics...maybe that is a sign that they are up to something..

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Well if they are able to see stuff in almost every shadow I guess this is one of those rare situations where it has somehow failed...

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   

However, in one image taken of Dena by the Mars Odyssey Camera, a floor can be seen. Using the data, the authors calculated that this cave must extend 130m (426ft) below the surface.

External Source

Hi blue bird. Yes you are correct, it was not in relation to this particular hole. My point is that these holes are not completely mysterious as they have 'seen' the bottom of at least one.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by blue bird
But I am surprised that we don't have any information about temperature!

Its called "selective release" They actually embargo the release of info until they decide its time. I don't know why they do this but they do.

Like the Humvee they show us that it exists, but you can't get any info from anyone ;(

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
It's called "Controlled Disclosure". The US has this technique down to a tea. It started during the race to the Moon to avoid the Ruskies from gaining knowledge that could benefit them reaching the moon. It's just a shame that we are now treated like the enemy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join