It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immense Exoskeleton Suit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
A while ago I posted a thread about this guy and his invention and the military being interested in this suit, however not that many people seemed interested in this guy. well now he is back with a perfected suit.

The suit has stood up to bullets from high-powered weapons, including an elephant gun. The suit was empty during the ballistics tests, but he's more than ready to put it on and face live fire. The whole suit is made from high-impact plastic lined with ceramic bullet protection over ballistic foam. Its many features include compartments for emergency morphine and salt, a knife and emergency light. Built into the forearms are a small recording device, a pepper-spray gun and a detachable transponder that can be swallowed in case of trouble. In the helmet, there's a solar-powered fresh-air system and a drinking tube attached to a canteen in the small of the back. A laser pointer mounted in the middle of the forehead is ready to point to snipers, while LED lights frame the face.the suit has taken a full strength blow in the chest from an axe and did not even scratch this suit.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I remember seeing this guy. Didn't he want to fight a grizzly with it on or something?

Amazing. I want one.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
yes he originally invented a similar suit for safty of forest rangers against grizzly bears. He's been working on this suit for a military application at their request.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
That looks simply fantastic. I don't even know what else to say.

The price must be really high though. I don't think we'll be seeing troops wearing such exoskeletons for a very long time. Unfortunate.

Edit: The clock is simply hilarious. Very novel place to put it. I doubt men will forget where it's at.

[edit on 26-5-2007 by Donoso]

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Very cool! I love it! The first thing I thought when I saw it was HALO!

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   
THe first thing I thought of is "How heavy is that beast?", followed by "Where do we carry the spare batteries for all the doo-dads?", followed by "How much maintenance does this thing take?"

It looks cool, and I think it's got some really good ideas...but my dad was in the Army for 30 years, and his biggest worry wasn't "is the enemy going to shoot me?" but "Where in God's name do I stow all the s*** that I have to take into combat?!"

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
A few problems i see with it are.

Cleanliness (Hygine), movement restriction, weight, visual impairment, overheating in desert conditions, impairment of the reality senses and finaly how the hell do you have a sh1t in one of those things ?

Regard's
Lee

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Canadian Inventors are my pride and joy.
I was not aware of his new invention.
I think thats just fantastic.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Well from what I see, it is VERY bulky, so it will wear someone out fast just because they have movement restrictions. Then we have those idiotic flashing "blue and red cop lights" on the front=worthless in the field. The laser sight is worthless, we have a new laser that makes a very long streek across the field showing EXACTLY where to aim, yes it will reveal you however it is more practicle for the "sniper situation" he was talking about. Also for moving through brush that thing is the worst enemy ever, all those little nooks and crannies will catch and cause one heck of a ruckus for the enemy to zero in on. Lesson from Vietnam was not taken: "Sometimes you need not see your enemy to hit them, just follow the sound."
Yeesh, I am going to keep repeating but what the heck, here is another BULK problem: Did you watch the part where he was running in it at the end? Trying to move around at the end? His movement is SLOW as HECK and horribly choppy. This armor is based on this: sacrifice mobility for protection. Shoot, he only showed himself holding a HANDGUN during the trial, lets see him hold an M16, I doubt the arms would permit it on that thing.
I see so many parts that are uncessesary it is not even funny, screw the crotch clock, put it on the ARM! Let the crotch part be for using the BATHROOM! Again I would like to see it take on penetrator rounds/armor piercing rounds from both 5.56, 7.62, .50 and other higher caliber. I know tests were done, however lets actually see how much chaos it causes in the armor. Pending on how WELL it defends against fire is one thing, how well it holds up AFTER the fire is already hitting is another. If the armor shatters=fragmets that will damage the one inside. If it simply repels the round and does not shatter=safer, less chance of getting cut up by your own body armor.

That thing is just too darn bulky and chaotic, it need to be streamlined for actually field use. Walking down a street shoulder to shoulder with 40 others around you, you just might hold out against a violent protest. Also I want to hit on the "martial arts" part of this: mobility is gone, your SOL now! People wear MASKS if they are smart! Also it is REALLY hard to fight with complex moves with something THAT bulky. How well can you climb with that on? Jump over things? SWIM?! Oh so many questions, oh so little time when dealing with this.

The guy has an extremely long way to go to make this a VIABLE suit of armor in the field, by then we will probably be using weapons that counter his current ideas. Someones fantasies simply bloating over into military prospecting is what I see when I look at that thing. Not viable.

I also wonder how much that thing will cost.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Amazing! I love it!

he could do a little redesign for the helmet though, i think that limits visibility, should make it like halo style instead of robocop eyes

but thats pretty awesome, they should of shown him getting shot at and stuff

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
halo makers must have seen this before, interestingly enough. A clip in the video says "Mark V", which, IIRC, is the name of hte armor dawned by MC himself.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
"The Trojan, narrated by Kermit the Frog." Troy Hurtubise certainly has charisma. He's like the Ron Popeil of exoskeleton armor. "Shoot me! No, blow me up!"

According to Wikipedia:

The suit has many features including a solar powered air system, recording device, compartments for emergency morphine and salt, and a knife and gun holster. He estimates that the cost of each suit to be roughly $2,000 if mass produced.

Edit to add: Here is the prototype of the Trojan on eBay . I suppose he went bankrupt creating this exoskeleton.

[edit on 7-6-2007 by Mephorium]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Great work on the suit - but is it just me or does he look like a PowerRanger hahahaha

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   
just to be pedantic - IMHO it is NOT an exoskeleton

top topics

join