It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Death Threats and Titor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I just got back and heard a story that was done on the local news this week in Chicago. It turns out that the KKK warns of death threat against Obama.

www.myfoxchicago.com...

With that being said, right when I heard the story, I thought that maybe, once again, Titor was right in saying that there would be another civil war. I can picture that many people in the south would never want a black president, whereas it seems to not bother people much in the north. Could this be the start of something???

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
wiz, not everyone in the south is a raciest. It's not true now, and it wasn't true in the 1860s. Yes, we have that type, but so does every other place. I really get tired of the stupid remarks like this that show the complete lack of mental power possessed by too many people.

I'm not a raciest. I'm not a redneck. I don't live in a trailer park. I can spell. I didn't marry a relative. My knuckles don't drag when I walk. I'm not on welfare. My children got an education.

Please write on the blackboard of your mind, 500 times, I'll stop acting like a damn fool on this.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
About two weeks ago I was in South Carolina...for the nascar race
Yes, I'm from Seattle, but I have plenty of family in the South. Talk about a fish out of water

There are planes and blimps that fly over the track with company names and this and that. At one point there was a plane that flew over with a giant banner with the saying: "Never forget your roots" (with a confederate flag none the less). You would be very surprised to see how many people are offeneded by beligerent BS like that. The South does have it's flaws, yes, but to say that another civil war seems like a possiblity because of a a letter a beaten and battered group said. Pffff! The clan is a joke of what it once was. And I do not loose any sleep at night knowing that.

There are still rednecks and racists, but to generalize an entire area of this nation like that...well...it doesn't look too good to the people who may read this post.

-Droops

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I'm sorry if I offended you; I did not mean to. After I re-read it, I understand why it could offend some people.

The point that I was trying to convey is that titor spoke about another civil war, and it sounded from the fox report that it could start something.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Not a problem there win561. I just spoke up so someone else wouldn't take it two or three more steps.

Living in the hills of western Arkansas, I get way too much stereotyping from some people.

But if the SHTF, I'm already in a place to make a stand and survive.

Peace.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Well, since John Titor said a Civil War would start in 2005 I think the point is mute. It's 2007 and still no Civil War; how much longer can people believe in John Titor? The story is clearly a fabrication of a delusional mind, and from the standpoint of dating alone you can see so many loopholes in the story. If I ever have children maybe I will read them the fictional story of John Titor and his timetravel adventures as a bedtime story to get them to go to bed...the story sure puts me to sleep nowdays.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
If there's a Civil War, it won't be North against South, it will be American vs. American in every part of the country. The issues that are divisive aren't the same at all as during the Civil War. I do blame Jerry Falwell for whipping up hatred towards people who believe in abortion, gay marriage, etc.

BTW, the Rebel flag is just that. It represents the Southerners who had enough courage to stand up to the North, who had aggressed on the South purely for commercial reasons. The North used the issue of slavery to sound more moral, but really it was about economics, not slavery. Everyone at that time knew slavery wasn't going to last.
The rebel flag has nothing to do with racism, that isn't what it stands for. It stands for the courage Southerners had in standing up to an unfair economic system being forced on them by the North. It also stands for pride in one's ancestors and history, which also has nothing to do with racism or slavery.

Having lived in both the south and the north, I can honestly say that Southerners are more polite, gracious, caring and hospitable than northerners, on the whole. They help each other out, even outsiders.

It would be much easier if a civil war were only between the south and north, but it won't be, IMO. It will be worse, because it will be neighbor against neighbor.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
Having lived in both the south and the north, I can honestly say that Southerners are more polite, gracious, caring and hospitable than northerners, on the whole. They help each other out, even outsiders.

I also have lived in both the south and the north. And I can honestly say that NORTHERNERS are more polite on a while because we mind our own business. We also help each other out just as much as southerns claim to.

I'm throwing this right back at you.

The fact is that NORTHERNERS don't go around asking 'what church do you go to' and then either pigeon hole the person, make massive attempts to convert that person, or stop talking to that person all together .. based upon the answer that is given.

That was the most obnoxious thing about being stuck living in Alabama for 9 years. Every stink'n time you met someone, or were introduced to someone, the FIRST FREAK'N THING the person would say was - 'what church do you go to'. Every stinking time. And, depending on the answer you gave, the southerner would either be polite, shove their nose in the air, or attempt massive conversions upon you all the while blasting whatever religious beliefs you held. :shk:

Back to the subject - when there is civil unrest it won't be North v South... it will be people of a war based upon skin color... and it won't be white people who start the shooting... IMHO

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
I'm not a raciest. I'm not a redneck. I don't live in a trailer park. I can spell. I didn't marry a relative. My knuckles don't drag when I walk. I'm not on welfare. My children got an education.

Well, I have to point this out because it's quite ironic. There are a few grammical errors in your post, and no you can't spell. It's racist, not raceist!

Actually when it comes to politness it's all a matter of opinion. Flyer clearly didn't have a good experience due to the diffrence in beliefs (But I do agree with FlyersFan from my own personal experiences). The same way if a KKK member went to a country like Congo, he wouldn't like it due to diffrence of beliefs.

Northerns tend to keep out of others business, and because Northerners are used to that they find it more polite. While in the South it's more of a community thing they got going, openly talking to whom ever, once again diffrent beliefs or social norms.

On another note, racism still exists in the rural areas of the South, and even in the North. I read an article saying that a S.C. or N.C. school had had it's first interacial prom, and the adminastraters of the school found it so awkward that they went back to having a black and white prom the next year. Of course it still exists, and I don't think you will ever be able to totally get rid of it, due to the racial sterotypes that always exist, but heck it dosn't hurt to try.

-Reform America

Edit: forgot my tag!

[edit on 29-5-2007 by Reform America]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
KKK, you mean undercover FBI agents? If anyone who has any experience with the southern states it is pretty common knowledge that the Klan is defunct and its leaders are in prison. Just more scare tactics to whip Obama's base into a frenzy to make them think there is a redneck in a sheet behind every tree.
Just another tactic to divide and conquer the voters along racial lines.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The only problem with linking a black presidential candidate with the 'next civil war' is that the American Civil War had nothing to do with black vs. white. It was about economic oppression against the South. The slavery issue only came into play once it was realized that blacks could fight well, and that other nations would support the side which supported 'freedom'....

It's ironic, really, since economic, industrial and financial freedom is what the South wanted at the onset of the war.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Who cares what color our presidents is.
Racists' can shut the # up and deal with it.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelMyers
Who cares what color our presidents is.
Racists' can shut the # up and deal with it.

No they can't... thats why they are racist. Obama won't win the presidency because you have the people who disagree with him on a political stance, and then there are the people who just don't think a man other then white should be president. Unfortantly it is the truth, there is still a little blatant racism, but there is a lot more racism that is kept to one's self. Maybe I'm dead wrong, but we will see.

-Reform America

new topics

top topics

join