It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for members of secret societies or fraternities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Let us assume a chapter or lodge of a fraternity or secret society you belonged to was co-opted by criminals. These criminals can be terrorists, gangsters, child molestors or any other type of dispicable person. A law enforcement officer wants to infiltrate the rogue chapter in order to stop their heinous activities. The officer approaches you and wants you to divulge your society's secrets so that he can effectively infiltrate the rogue chapter. Would you divulge secrets to help him?

I would divulge the secrets of my fraternity to stop heinous crimes like murder, but I would remain silent if the crimes were petty.

Cug

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
In the SS I have belonged to..

If it was just one or two people they would of been suspended as soon as their activities was known, and then kicked out when/if convicted.

If it was a majority of the group I would quit that group and work with the national/international HQ to get that particular lodge removed from the society.

As far as divulging secrets.. In general no because none of the "secrets" would help law enforcement catch the bad guys.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Many in "Secret Societies" are in law enforcement already.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I'm in a secret society. It's cool. We have a secret handshake and everything. We hate everyone that isn't in our society because we are cool and everyone else isn't!!

I would never divulge secrets of my society members. That would be quite rude, wouldn't it? A secret society wouldn't be very secret if everyone was going around telling everyone all the secrets now would it??

The key to a secret society is the secrets. If there were no secrets, then it would just be a society and well, that would be quite boring. It would be like: "Hi, I'm in a society." Yawn...........

top topics

join