It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you Believe These people work for Nasa? [Pic]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   

If not then follow the Link

Just sharing.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Astronauts during survival training. If you think they look bad you should have seen my SERE school class after we finished.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hahhahaha. I initially thought they were talibans. But then upon a closer look, you can tell most of them have american features;P

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZikhaN
Hahhahaha. I initially thought they were talibans. But then upon a closer look, you can tell most of them have american features;P

I don't think that the Taliban have space suit liners and orange and white parachutes for clothing.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

I don't think that the Taliban have space suit liners and orange and white parachutes for clothing.

Hahahha, so true. But the first few seconds you view the image for the first time, you don't really pay attention to the clothing. The first thing I noticed was the towel-thingy on his head, and the massive beard;P

EDIT: Just realised how uncalled for that was;P I can imagine everyone going "Dot dot dot" hehe.

[edit on 25-5-2007 by ZikhaN]

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
why do they do survival training for Earth if there going to space, its like training for everest in the sahara lol

jra

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vixion
why do they do survival training for Earth if there going to space, its like training for everest in the sahara lol

As it says right there in the first link. It's in case they had to make an emergency landing or had a faulty landing and ended up in a remote area and had to spend some time on there own, waiting for rescue.

apc

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Forget about how they look.

Just imagine how they smell!

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra

Originally posted by Vixion

As it says right there in the first link. It's in case they had to make an emergency landing or had a faulty landing and ended up in a remote area and had to spend some time on there own, waiting for rescue.

In the worst case, how long could they be stranded if such a bad thing happen? A few hours?

Very good find though.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   

And what exactly are "american features"? that comment was borderline racist, IMO.

Anyhoo, I thought they were dressed up as part of a Nativity play... Look like shepherds!

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
What the heck is wrong with you people? :shk:

These men were pioneers. Part of their training at that time was survival and building physical and emotional strength. You WILL get dirty doing that. Our military grunts don't always look 'picture perfect' for the cameras and neither do astronauts.

Seriously ... ya'll. WHY is this even a thread here??

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
These men were pioneers. Part of their training at that time was survival and building physical and emotional strength. You WILL get dirty doing that.

For once we agree.

A splendid occurance.

FF is right, these men are not taliban or any other derogatory connotation you attach to their appearances. They are american men, tanned under heavy sun, using makeshift clothing appropriate for shade, sweaty, dirty, and unshaven for weeks.

That's all.

I'm sure after a day or two after the exercise they were all as clean cut as Neil Armstrong at a press conference.

jra

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero

Originally posted by jra

In the worst case, how long could they be stranded if such a bad thing happen? A few hours?

Very good find though.

Well if they had to make an emergency landing, who knows where they'd end up. Out in the middle of the ocean somewhere or maybe in the middle of Africa, who knows. It would take some time to figure out where they landed and then to deploy a rescue party. So it could even be a day or two.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Racist topic. It implies middle-eastern people are savages and incapable of using technology etc etc

top topics

join