It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search on for ancient king with five rings of power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

TEHRAN, May 6 (MNA) -- Iranian archaeologists are searching for a king who possessed five rings of power. The rings were discovered by chance by the Khuzestan Water and Waste Water Company during a grading operation in the city of Ramhormoz, Khuzestan Province last week.

The rings have been discovered in two U-shaped coffins, which, unfortunately, have been seriously damaged by bulldozers.

They are similar to a ring that belonged to the Elamite king Kidin-Khutran (1235-1210 BC), whose coffin was discovered in 1982 in the ruins of the Elamite city of Arjan, which is located 10 kilometers north of the city of Behbahan in Khuzestan Province.

One of the gold rings has a cuneiform inscription, which is believed to be written in neo-Elamite. Gold rings of this type were a symbol of power and Elamite kings were buried wearing them.

Altogether, about 500 invaluable artifacts have been discovered near the coffins.

Read More Here

I know this article is a couple of weeks old now, but man it's amazing when some really cool archeological find happens. I did do a brief search on the subject, however found no threads about an ancient king with five rings of power. If there is one, I do apologize in advance. I always dreamed of being an archeologist when I was a kid...never made it! Just sharing the article in case some of you haven't read about it

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Hmmm, I thought Frodo threw the last Ring Of Power into the fires of Mt. Doom. Damn mainstream media always hiding stuff.

Ahthough it did say the rings were found by a "water and waste compamy". Maybe our little hobbit buddy embellished the tale? He only flushed it down the royal commode.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Wasn't there a Japanese legend about something like this, as well? When I saw the title of your thread, that is the first thing I thought of. Unfortunately, I can't remember any more than that.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
lol yeahright Very funny!!

I did a search on this "Elamite king Kidin-Khutran (1235-1210 BC)" I couldn't get anything to turn up on this King. I thought that was strange. Maybe you can't find everything on the Internet after all? I'm going to keep looking, I might just have to dig out a couple of my dusty books.

DD, I don't know about this Japanese legend you speak of. Can you find anything on it? If so, post a link. I'd be interested in reading up on that.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Hmm, my memory is slightly off it seems. I got the name right, as well as the Japanese part, but it has nothing to do with this topic. It's a martial arts book, which, while pretty cool, doesn't really help jensouth any.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I believe your thinking of ’The book of the five rings which is an oriental book about a samurai fighting style. It was popular in the 90’s as a lot of folks were reading it to be more successful at the “war” of business, and to learn how to read their adversaries. I got suckered into that one thanks to an old boss of mine, never used a thing in the book, and lost $20 for the effort. I guess it didn’t make a better businessman out of me…

I see you beat me to it by a few minutes. I guess it did not help me learn to type faster either.

[edit on 5/28/2007 by defcon5]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Here's a blogspot about archaeology in Iran. Why not post a question about the rings there ?

iranarch.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Hmmm, I thought Frodo threw the last Ring Of Power into the fires of Mt. Doom. Damn mainstream media always hiding stuff.

Ahthough it did say the rings were found by a "water and waste compamy". Maybe our little hobbit buddy embellished the tale? He only flushed it down the royal commode.

that was the one ruling ring
we're talking about the legendary missing five rings made by Sauron
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne

1,3,7,9, but the 5 have always been missing

perhaps it should be
five for the Elamite kings in their sewage pipes

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
These 5 were made in the fires of mt etna. 1. Represents incompetence (Bush)
2. Represents evil ( Cheney) 3. Represents ignorance( Rumsfield) 4. Represents Blind loyalty (Blair) And the 5th represents a number of people pulling the strings who we cannot see.... the ring of invisability.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
While I do treasure my copy of Musashi's FIVE RINGS (a marvelous book), it doesn't have anything to do with Elam. I did, however, find something about Kidin-Khutran:
www.iranchamber.com...

Briefly, he held off the Assyrians and staged a successful attack on Babylon. But the Assyrians expanded to the south and eventually overran the Elamites.

books.google.com... vDU

In spite of the scanty info, I suspect there's more in various archives... but you'd have to do some scholarly digging to get it out.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Thanks Bryd
I'm gonna go look at that stuff here in a minute. Thanks for adding that.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
While I do treasure my copy of Musashi's FIVE RINGS (a marvelous book), it doesn't have anything to do with Elam. I did, however, find something about Kidin-Khutran:
www.iranchamber.com...

Briefly, he held off the Assyrians and staged a successful attack on Babylon. But the Assyrians expanded to the south and eventually overran the Elamites.

books.google.com... vDU

In spite of the scanty info, I suspect there's more in various archives... but you'd have to do some scholarly digging to get it out.

or you could just ask someone ?

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Anyone care to see pictures of the find?

From here. Same article as the OP, but with pics.

here is a follow up article.

[edit on 6/12/07 by makeitso]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
haha...i love the title. i could've sworn this was fox news for a second.

I can totally picture Ahmadinejad going stir-crazy over this in some Hitler-esque occult frenzy

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Don't get him started. Actually Hitler's chicken farmer started the Ahrnenerbe to prove stuff like that:

www.germaniainternational.com...

Trouble is now the world has another little corporal.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
i've long had the notion that the 5 rings/bands of power
represented the 5 elements of nature & spirit
ie, control over all the lands, waters, airs, fire, & the etheral spirit world.

of course it was all symbolic, but a King or mighty Warlord or Warrioress
would bequeath these symbolic 5 rings to themselves to impress their followers and make the enemy tremble or at least have second thoughts
of confrontation.

imho, the ring legends, and the alledged powers the rings had
was as much 'power' as one would find in the 'bangles'
a belly-dancer sports...

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
*cut to 6 months from now and Iran's controlling the world after a series of inexplicable acts of nature*

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I like your comments StUdio about five elements.

a King or mighty Warlord or Warrioress would bequeath these symbolic 5 rings to themselves to impress their followers and make the enemy tremble or at least have second thoughts of confrontation.

You mean it's a knuckle duster ... ha ha

new topics

top topics

join