It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Objects in sky, then big gray helicopter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Hi,

I'm new here but was looking for a forum where perhaps other people have had similar sightings.

I noticed something that seemed metalic and shimmered in the sky, in my back yard. It was pretty far up but looked like it was turning, it would go shiney, then dull as if it was spinning slowly.

I thought it could have been one of those metalic balloons. A few minutes later a low flying helicopter shot over my house. It was going very fast and low.

It was a dull light gray color and larger than the police helicopters. It did not have the landing gear sticking out on the bottom. There was nothing on the bottom. I figured the landing wheels must have been retracted. It also had no markings that I could see. Looked like it was just completely sprayed painted with a light gray, flat paint. No decals or numbers.

I have seen things floating in the sky in my backyard once before, about 2 weeks ago. I thought they could have been balloons, and probably are.

I'm not really concerned about the things in the sky, it's probably unrelated. I am really interested in the helicopter. Has anyone seen such helicopters before?

I'm located in Valley Stream, Long Island.

Thanks.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
First :
Please get a camcorder and keep it handy.
Film of these type of events is priceless.

Second, are you near an airport, or military facility ?

As far as I know (I may be, probably am wrong) helo's with retractable
gear are generally a specific type. I.E., should be relatively east to
narrow down the choices.

And, gray is mainly used on naval aircraft.

Hopefully someone more knowing will reply.

Lex

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Hi,

Thanks for replying. Yes, I am near Kennedy and Laguardia Airports. I have never seen a big grey helicopter like that before. We have constant traffic of commercial airplanes, but I have never seen any military craft (airplane or helicopter) fly over, never until today and I've been here most my life.

We occasionally get police helicopters, with blinking lights, numbers, etc. but this one was very different.

This was going fast, and seemed really low, traveling from west to east.

I thought maybe, since it's Memorial Day weekend it could have been going somewhere further east on Long Island for a show.

What I thought may have been strange was the sight of the silver object floating in the sky, slowly turning. I wanted to try to photograph it, but dissapeared when I got my digital cam. Then later this helicopter flew by.

About 2 weeks ago I watched some objects floating in the same area, my back yard and what seemed pretty high up. It was an overcast sky and these objects seemed like they were moving very slowly, floating and again turning slowly. I took a pic of one and it does show up on the image, however too small to see clearly, just looks like a spec in the sky.

Was interesting to see that.

[edit on 25-5-2007 by Electro38]

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Did it look something like this?

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Hi,

Similar, but the one I saw I don't think had those tube/cylinder pieces on the sides. It didn't have any attachments like that. It seemed smooth, rounded on the sides without any accessories.

Since I was viewing it as it was bolting away from me I only saw some of the sides and the rear mostly, so it could have been the same helicopter in your photo. It seemed a lot more plain, smooth and rounded though.

I have the image of the floating object I saw 2 weeks ago. It came out very tiny in the pic, but you can see there was something there. Maybe someone can digitally enhance it or something.

When I first observed this object in the pic there were others, maybe 5-6 all floating and turning slowly. These were not as shiney as the one I saw today.

Should I crop the image for posting here? I think it would be too large to post the original size.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Those are removable if I recall correctly. Let me see if I can find a pic of one flying without them.

Here's another variant of the same helicopter. There are very few that the military flies that have retractable landing gear.

Or possibly this one?

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Hi,

It didn't seem as big as the new pics you posted. But if those cylinders on the side of the first helicopter you posted do come off, then that is very close to what I saw.

It was probably on it's way to a Memorial day showing at a park, was awesome to see.

Now, I'm wondering if anyone knows if it is common for commerical airports to send up balloons. This is what the objects in my pictures seemed like. However the object I saw today seemed to be turning at a constant rate, going dull, then shiney, turning or tumbling motion.

[edit on 25-5-2007 by Electro38]

top topics

join