It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peak Oil is Politics and Propaganda not about Actual Oil Reserves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Yes we will continue to hear the position that Peak Oil is a great problem, when in fact there is more than enough oil and too little refinery capacity.

CHAPTER 17

If Gull Island Didn't Blow Your Mind—This Will!

Gull Island just proved what the oil companies have believed for some time. It authenticated the seismographic findings. Seismographic testing has indicated that there is as much crude oil on the North Slope of Alaska as in Saudi Arabia. Since the Gull Island find proved to be seismographically correct, then the other testings are correct also. There are many hundreds of square miles of oil under the North Slope of Alaska.

To clarify what I am about to say, let me first re-emphasize that the government permitted the oil companies to drill and prove many sites (subsequently making them cap the wells and keep secret the proof of the finds), but they do not allow them to produce from the wells. This is why I have referred (below) to a number of wells having been drilled (after I left the North Slope). The only production permitted is from the small area of the North Slope.

Gull Island is located five miles off shore from Prudhoe Bay. It is in the Beaufort Sea.

The chemical structure of the oil at Gull Island is different from that of the oil in the Prudhoe Bay field and the pressure of the field is different, proving that it is a totally different pool of oil from that at Prudhoe Bay.

The Gull Island burn produced 30,000 barrels of oil per day through a 31/2 inch pipe at 900 feet.

Three wells have been drilled, proven, and capped at Gull Island. The East Dock well also hit the Gull Island oil pool (you can tell by the chemical structure). For forty miles to the east of Gull Island, there has not been a single dry hole drilled, although many wells have been drilled. This shows the immensity of the size of the field.

The Gull Island oil find is even larger than the Prudhoe Bay field, which is presently producing more than two million barrels of oil every twenty-four hours.

Where is the energy crisis? It surely is not on the North Slope of Alaska, so it must be only in Washington, D.C.!

No major refinery has been constructed in about 28 years, while more than 2000 smaller facilities have been closed in recent years. On CNN recently an oil executive states how expensive it is to build new ones. To that one could say "horse feathers!" Current refineries were built when prices were much lower, below one dollar a gallon was common place. When I was young gasoline was 29 cents a gallon on a military base. The oil companies then were very powerful, and money was worth more but adjusted inflation does not account for current monopoly cartel prices.

We in the United States are going into debt to pay for military petroleum, which is a large percentage of the overall picture. Real National Security would happen here if the US government exercised its franchise even upon the North Slope alone, and used say the Army Corps of Engineers or SEABEES to drill it and pay big money buzzards next to nothing instead of instable market prices for defense necessity. There are many capped wells in for additional oil reserves in the Gulf of Mexico. Natural Gas is greatly abundant but burned off, or unused. The astonishing potential of capped reserves is compelling. That's my argument.

[edit on 25-5-2007 by SkipShipman]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SkipShipman

Anchorage-based Petroleum News has an article in its July 13 edition about the oil potential of Gull Island and the allegations surrounding it. PN had a map made up of the area and interviewed the top USGS geologist for Alaska’s North Slope and two geologists who sat the Gull Island No. 1 well in 1976 (geologist speak for monitoring and interpreting the geologic evidence from a well while it is being drilled).
Here’s the link to the article in html (text): www.petroleumnews.com...
Here’s the pdf version that shows article and a map: www.petroleumnews.com...=1
I contacted them and PN executive editor Kay Cashman is looking for more information on Gull Island [email protected]. She said the newspaper is going to continue follow the subject.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Oil tumbles for 3rd day

NEW YORK (AP) — Oil prices fell sharply Thursday following two days of declines, dragged down further by a massive sell-off of natural gas.

The slide accelerated amid growing concerns about the weakening U.S. economy.

www.peakoil.com...

new topics

join