It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK so its definitive fortune tellers are fake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
OK this was inspired by something i was reading here on ATS about fortune tellers.
Before my girl was born me and her mother went to one of these frauds who told us we were going to have a boy, i was skeptical however cuz it seems that my mother and everyone else for that matter was a better gypsy cuz they all guessed right.

so there u have it

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Not to counter what you said in anyway,but I'd say again its hard to tell where one is truthful and another is not.While I have experienced many "tellings" and almost all of them turn out to be true. Again I have come across self implored individuals of sight or"gifts". Who have not the weight so much as the breath they use to speak behind their claimed abilities.

Usually in any case listen to yourself for an answer to what anyone says. Usually everyone has a lie detector within their own being,I say if things seem funky dont go with it.Aswell in many of these things the individual who is"gifted" usually dont try to make money from it,not neccessarily true in all cases. But as soon as money is concerned many of the variables involved can change.

Even the most unlikely person can give us insight on our own being and future,the key is to know when it is right infront of you. ASwell when it is not.But in hindsight all will be revealed.

[edit on 25-5-2007 by toraylin]

[edit on 25-5-2007 by toraylin]

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
While I don't believe in the powers of alleged fortune tellers, I'm not sure your argument really holds. First it doesn't follow from the experience of one fortune tellers that all fortune tellers would be frauds at what they do.

Let's assume that fortune tellers believe in their powers. It doesn't seem unreasonable that some get it wrong once in a while. If there ability is based on some sort of extra sensory perception, we can imagine that perception being skewed sometimes.

Or, we could assume that fortune tellers really are guessing. In the case of your prediction, half the fortune tellers will get it right. So, if you had gone to one of these, would you have concluded that all fortune tellers are authentic?

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   
not to disrespect you guys but i've had more luck with my own future premonitions than with any fortune teller

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The only fortune telling they always get totally right is there own.

They know that they gonna get rich by milking the gullible fools who believe in this nonsense

I have known a few claimants of foretelling in my time and they say things like "I can only be 80% to 85% accurate..these are just possibilities if your path don't change..." There is always a nice cop out like that. Look guys you can either tell fortunes or you can't. You could write nonsense like Nostradamus and eventually it will all be true. Any error in your foretelling ain't telling the future!!!

I can make a prediction that is one hundred percent true. We will all die one day. If I make this my only prediction then I am already a one hundred percent better "fortune teller" than all the others.

"You have a great prosperity ahead!!" give me break. All I want to know of is the day I will die. So that in between then and now I can pace my body in hedonistic practices in a manner not to wear it out too soon. If its next week I have a lot of ladies to satisfy, a lot of alcohol to consume and many, many chemical experiences to cram in. If its 40 years time I can pace myself a bit. Must not wear anything out!!!

Belief is part of the problem. Belief and selective memory. But that goes for the whole paranormal delusion. The main function of paranormal elitism is to milk the gullible. If they were more honest the fortune tellers should be saying "You will be £30 pounds worse off in 30 minutes when I finish your reading, you gullible fool."

But no they tell you "You will be rich, with many children, with a change of job and a beautiful wife!!" What really happens is the fore-teller has robbed you of 30 plus quid, your missus has evolved into an ugly minger, the kids are on crack and you have been made redundant.

They can't predict big disasters so how can gullible fools think they can predict their lives? Whether its churches or dodgy paranormal practices the mentally feeble are easy pickings for them all.

I used to kind of believe in this paranormal gig once but it is just a gig. True some people really believe they're "gifted" I thought I was once. But a lot of mentally ill people also believe they're gifted, believe they were right to kill. Don't tell people falsehoods like they are gonna be rich in one years time. Tell them they may be dead tomorrow live for today.

You die and you get eaten by worms, I read somewhere. Sounds good enough to me. It can be proven, dig up a grave or two. There is no afterlife as I see it, live for today. Don't waste your short life believing this paranormal crud.

I don't sit there wasting my time meditating or being one with the universe. I spend my time improving my alcohol capacity, eating good food and increasing my lovemaking from five hours or five times a night...depending on the lady....oh yeah!!!!

Fortune telling is a none aggressive form of mugging in my opinion.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I do not care too much for the topic of discussion, so forgive me for not adding substance to this discussion. I do feel urged to point out that you are generalizing a world of individuals because of one experience?

That's like having an attorney rip you off and then thinking all attorney are bad. oops. Bad example.

AAC

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
first of all

ok now that i got that out of my system no i'm not
anyone that calls themselves a psichic has allready put themselves in that category fortune teller is just a fancy denomination ex:
doctor is general dentist is specific.
i have yet to meet an inexpnsive lawyer, isnt there a 711 for them, but then again 711 rips you off just as bad

top topics

join