It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A cube shape UFO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 02:23 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Nice find ULTRA.

posted on Nov, 30 2002 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Thx. I do what I can !

posted on Dec, 15 2002 @ 10:34 PM
link   
wow where do u get this stuff

posted on Dec, 16 2002 @ 08:39 AM
link   
He found it wherever the hoaxers posted it.

Yes, it's a hoax. Someone's taken THIS image from Smoking Gun (or something very like it) and tweaked it:
www.thesmokinggun.com...

Notice that the real one (on TheSmokingGun.com) doesn't have image artifacts on it. It's also got various stamps on it, indicating who got it and so forth.

Secondly, the language is wrong. In sending telegraphs in that era, certain common words (a, the) are dropped.

But hoaxers wouldn't know this.

Another point is that if it was real, it would probably have been sent in code.

posted on Dec, 16 2002 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Ok Byrd, for a change, can you tell me what is not a hoax ? I mean more like, is there anything weird that isn't a hoax ? Any documents, proves or just anything ?

I'm curious because almost everything we get to see are hoaxes.

What if they did that on just to make peoples believe they are hoaxes ? I just thought of that, of course it's a stupid thought, but everyting is posible I believe.

posted on Dec, 16 2002 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Lots of weird stuff.

Check out TheSmokingGun.com -- good sources AND they verify.

Check out "news of the weird" on any reliable news site (I use news.yahoo.com, but there's lots of others.)

Rense occasionally has good stuff, though you do have to doublecheck sources (lots of foofoo stuff.)

Janes (as in Jane's Defense Weekly) is excellent for military stuff: www.janes.com...

EPIC is good for electronic privacy:
www.epic.org... (note their docs about the (lack of) privacy in airport terminals obtained under freedom of information act)

Probably the BEST source around is VirtuallyStrange.net:

www.virtuallystrange.net...

The skeptics on the list keep the hoaxers down and they do "peer reviews" of papers/information, rather than swallowing anything that comes along. That's the problem with this field of interest -- so many hoaxers create lies and disinformation.

That site tends to have a low ratio of hoax and bad information.

[Edited on 16-12-2002 by Byrd]

posted on Dec, 16 2002 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Batman-man
wow where do u get this stuff

I found it there : photovni.free.fr...

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I wonder if the document is authentic or not.

Sounds quite interesting though.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Oh no!! It's the Borg! They are here at last!!

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Why not check out CSETIs websites,

with government and military witnesses to ET technology on board.

www.cseti.org...

the other websites will be accessible from there.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
He found it wherever the hoaxers posted it.

Hi Byrd,

Actually, it is unlikely that this document was put on the Internet by the individual(s) that you refer to as "the hoaxers".

The relevant document been around for years - it is not a recent fabrication. It has been discussed in several books, usually in connection with "Project Moon Dust".

A full page image of the document was presented by Clifford E Stone in his “UFOs are Real” (1997) as Document 6-9 (near the end of Chapter 6) of the SPI softcover edition, and he states in that book that he obtained a copy from the Department of State on 12 March 1991.

The document is also discussed by Kevin Randle and Donald Schmitt in their “The Truth About the UFO Crash At Roswell” (1994) at page 98 (in Chapter 13) of the Evans hardback edition, with a suggestion that the relevant object may have been man-made.

All the best,

Isaac Koi

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I wonder if anything will be considered as real one day. As soon as something gets posted the first word you read is HOAX !!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't see any similarity betwen the document posted by ultra_phoenix and the one posted by Byrd. Where is the image artifacts on the first document?

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Telos
Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't see any similarity betwen the document posted by ultra_phoenix and the one posted by Byrd. Where is the image artifacts on the first document?

I'm inclined to agree, apart from the obvious Dept. Of State headed paper, there are no similarities, pen marks in different places, etc, any solid proof that the latter was the basis for the former?

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Yeah it is not hard for someone to fabricate documents I beleive it is called forgery. Anywho I cannot say it is a fake I simply don't know. If it is real it is definatly pretty sweet though.

Resistance is futile.....

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Why does it have to be a hoax? It merely says that a satellite was found that was made out of aluminum like material and shaped like a cube. Isn't that what some regular communications and weather sattelites are shaped like? None have fallen from orbit or crashed to earth in a failed attempt to put it up?? Not possible? I didn't see anything about UFO in there. Without pics its hard to say I guess.

Pie

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Doctor
Yeah it is not hard for someone to fabricate documents I beleive it is called forgery.

I didn't say it was hard, I said it is yet to be proved.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Sorry byrd, But I think you called this wrong...
why would this need to be a hoax... is it that unbeleivable?

this appears to be a common type of TIROS-1 satellite or a russian version of same...
but much larger...

couldn't it be just what it says... a big satellite...
the technology doesn't seem otherworldly, and the science was there...
Sputnik 3 launched in 1957 was over a ton...

we are launching multi ton satellites all the time now... and of course, the military is always at least 30 years ahead of the rest of us...

I saw the two memos, and the headings are even different... there is nothing that is the same...
it may be a hoax, but i think the connection to andy warhol telegram isn't neccessary...

here are some links that talk about the types of satellites at that time
NGE satellites history
about satellites

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Why does it have to be a hoax? It merely says that a satellite was found that was made out of aluminum like material and shaped like a cube. Isn't that what some regular communications and weather sattelites are shaped like? None have fallen from orbit or crashed to earth in a failed attempt to put it up?? Not possible? I didn't see anything about UFO in there. Without pics its hard to say I guess.

Pie

Indeed, I was thinking the same thing.

It says "SATELLITE", not UFO.

Are we to assume, that anything that falls to earth, has a document about it (which we can get with FOI requests) is worthy of even being posted here in the UFO section ? If this is the case, I have 2 meteors from Antartica, which are my "smoking guns"

Even if it was faked, it still says Satellilte not UFO so it's not even worthy of being a fake in the first place, unless this was posted in the Space section of ATS where people decide what possible satellite it was.

Please......we all know Picard defeated the Borg !

[edit on 7-6-2006 by timb3r]

[edit on 7-6-2006 by timb3r]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
timb3r,

I think if you looked up above at IsaacKoi's post you'd understand why this is worthy of being discussed in the Aliens and UFO's forum.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join