It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cant we all just get along!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I have been thinking about this question for quite some time. Me and a buddy of mine used to play golf at a local club where I live. We played with a lot of old guys who were in WW2. My Grandfather was in WW2, he actually has a pistol that he took off a German officer. My question to my Grandpa if he was still alive, as well as the OLD dudes we used to play Golf with is what do THEY think of the current situation in Iraq???

WW2 was SUPPOSED to be the last War. Since then, there has been many smaller World Wars.

What I have been thinking is, hasn't our society and the World in general had enough education about past wars, expanded our intellect since WW2, have advanced in knowledge about our past, increased our brain power as far as information we have access too, understand as a populous the reasons why there were Wars in the first place, and generally as a whole LEARNED FROM THE MISTAKES THAT OUR BABY BOOMERS MADE??????

I know the Government is behind most of these problems we have been facing since WW2 and I blame it on my Mothers generation for not standing up for there rights and setting the stage for what we face today. Most of the SOCIAL problems, most of the Drug problems, most of the Government intervention in our lives, and most of the War mongering come from the Baby Boomer generation. They have represented the voting majority for last 30-40 years and have shaped this Nation for what it is today.

I believe it is my duty as a 32yr old to educate my own Mother about the situations we face today, whether they include the drug laws, the War On Terrorism, the Social programs that drain our Middle Class, the dumbing down of my Generation and those after me, the current Teachers that are complete idiots (which is why I Home School my Children, based on the fact they wanted to teach my kids about AIDS IN THE 1ST GRADE), the Brain washing they received as youngsters with all the Government propaganda that was prevalent in the 60's and 70's, ect.

We need to take our Country back OURSELVES if we are to have a chance to have everyone get along and learn from there mistakes. This Country IS just as important as every other nation in the world. I dont care if you say AMERICA is the Greatest country on earth as I can show you BILLIONS of other people who think the same as us about their country. I just am not able to grasp the fact that My Grandfather fought a REAL War that was a more BRUTAL WAR than we can ever imagine and my parents as well as my generation are not able to learn from it and try and make things better.

Usually, when two people disagree now a days we can talk and find a common ground to figure the problem out. When we learn from our leaders that the only way to fix a problem is to "FIGHT THE EVIL IN THIS WORLD" it does no one any good. Other people have opinions too and we need to start LISTENING to those other opinions, whether there form another country or not. We need to learn from our mistakes, which the first step is to admit you mad a mistake in the first place, and TALK NOW with nations that are supposedly out to kill us.

We as a country need to put pressure on the BABY BOOMERS who are in power to learn to understand other cultures and to understand the AMERICAN culture ISNT the be all end all of cultures in the WORLD.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Unfortunately, we missed our opportunity in the 60s to change the way this governement does business.

We are all slaves to the evil, millitary industrial complex, period, the end!

Our ecconomy runs on guns, bullets, bombs, the destabilization of foreign countries, the exploitation of natural resorces, and fear.

War is not a mistake, it is a planed event years in advance of the actual fighting.

So to answer your question: No, we can't just all get along, because there's no money it for the elite who are pulling the strings, and the millitary that runs this country.

Sorry.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
So, do you think there is no way to change what our parents have done???

We need to educate our parents, who have been the voting power in this country for the last 20-30 yrs, to see the problems THEY have gotten us into by voting for the same idiots over and over again. We need to educate them on the Principles that our Country was found on and change our education system to finally speak the truth on what our country has actually done and not to just ignore it.

We need to tell our parents to do there research about Ron Paul and what our Country has done to Latin America, Africa, and our own people.

My main question is what would our GRANDPARENTS think about what is going on now???

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
So, do you think there is no way to change what our parents have done???

We need to educate our parents, who have been the voting power in this country for the last 20-30 yrs, to see the problems THEY have gotten us into by voting for the same idiots over and over again.

Our parents have become the idiots, and most of us have followed right along with them. Yeah, they'll change their ways, once they've destroyed the rest of the planet that they have already destroyed - poisoning the water, air, fish, killing bees, nukes, war.

Ron Paul isn't a choice, please! This 2 party system does not work, hasn't worked, and Ron Paul couldn't get elected in this country, if he was the only candidate running. Be serious. The wagons are already circling him as we speak, to finish him off before the primaries.

We need 6 - 7 parties competeing against each other, offering more choices.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
We used to have 6-7 parties running for the Presidency. Ron Paul back in 88' decided to run as a Libertarian. Remember Ross Perot??

What happened is, Ross Perot was scaring the S**T out of all the candidates so they changed certain guidelines in the Voting process. There is a post somewhere on these forums which detailed certain percentages the Partys and or Candidates must reach to be able to continue running.

If someone has those numbers please contribute. I will try and find them.

The two partys have always tried and kept the Smaller parties out of there way, and of course those lovely Baby Boomers so worried about money, fame, ect. let these idiots ruin our whole voting system.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I absolutely agree with both of you guys. Yes the two party system does NOT work. Being an aspiring PoliSci major, and hoping to one day represent some of you guys here, I've come to realize how one-sided our country is and how easy it is for someone to be pushed under the rug.

Hoochy, you're right about Perot and Paul, they both are breathes of "fresh-air" and are questioning the status-quo (Ron Paul). Unfortunately for Mr. Paul, his future bid for the Presidency is slowly being turned into a "this guy thinks we deserved 9-11" type personality. That is anything but ignorance and lack of proper education. He was only relaying the facts from the 9-11 commission report.

Its very sad that our country has become what it is. The Founding Fathers are probably rolling around in their graves.

-Droops

[edit on 26-5-2007 by DrOOpieS]

top topics

join