It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dumped On Skid Row "Hospital Dumping"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Articles like this one makes me angry, in a nation that can fight multibillion dollar wars, hospitals like some in California have not problem dumping their homeless patients on the streets.

The first rule in medicine is: do no harm. But doing harm is precisely what some Los Angeles hospitals are being accused of when it comes to patients who happen to be homeless.

www.cbsnews.com...

Is this what our nation has become? that we can not even take care of our helpless citizens?

These people are not just the drug addicts and alcoholics but people with disabilities, the elderly and mental unstable.

Shame

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
This is old news, months old. Why is CBS reporting it like it is breaking?

Regardless, it is tragic. You are right Marge. We can afford to fight unnecessary wars and jail pot smokers but we cant treat seriously ill citizens?

Kaiser Permanente has gone seriously downhill. When I was young they treated my brother long term (months) in a state of the art facility, flying in a doctor from Japan because he had Kawasaki disease. We had NO INSURANCE, no way to pay at all. They saved my brother for free, and now he is in Iraq fighting an umpteen billion dollar war while Kaiser throws people out on the street.

This cant keep going for much longer.

Somthings got to give, right?

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Thanks for posting Cavscout, I brought the story in because last night 60 minutes was reporting the story of another person, an elderly woman with mental health problems that was dumped in skid Row in her hospital nightgown, and no clothes.

She now has a lawyer and is suing the hospital.

This and the story of the handicap men also thrown in the same place were also included.

That is why I though it was new on the story.

Its a shame that things like this are happening in our nation, people may say that many of these people are at fault from been on drugs but the truth is that is that in our nation of plenty thinks like this happens.

Stories like the one you posted and stories of many other people keep showing up but it seems that nobody cares.

As more people loses their jobs, homes and benefits what is going to happen to all of them.

Truly disturbing and shameful.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
yeah, there was a thread here about it..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

very sad...

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
You know this is the first time that I heard of this place skid Row as a place that patients are dumped from hospitals in California, I thought that it was a places for drug addicts and criminals.

This is very interesting that it has been around for so long and is not governmetn involvement to stop what is going on in this place.

join