It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't ATS investigate anything anymore?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Thank you for your comments L.O.V.E.

First, I would like to reply to your comment:

Do you truly? Or is that just some thing you say to copy a great mind from the past. Saying you know nothing is dangerous if you don't truly know what it is or how it works.

I find it ironic that this has come from someone with your obvious intellectual ability! I have a mind of my own and certainly do not need to copy anyone elses thoughts. And is it not more dangerous to believe that I "KNOW" something, "what it is or how it works" when in reality, there are always questions to ask? I know nothing because however much I can learn, there is always so much more.

This is what keeps me asking questions and helps me avoid getting involved in the personal squabbles. And although I too have unanswered threads, I don't get frustrated. I just move on.

In a way, I would agree with your comments about the so called "experts", and maybe they should realise that there is always more to learn and that their opinion is theirs and not the only opinion. Not "gospel".

Why bother chastising them, educate them, or leave them to it!

Secondly, my comment about ATSers, who seem to be "followers" in your opinion, being able to learn just ONE thing in there journey here should be seen as a good thing, at least a start, because not everyone is an intellectual, not everyone has the ability to absorb the kind of information available here, let alone draw any kind of conclusions from it or put in useful imput. The fact that they are here, and take the time to read, should be seen as positive. Help them understand and help them deny the ignorance. Feed them information, why not let them decide what to do with it?

I would also like to know which member/celebrity/expert(s) you were refering to. Feel free to U2U me that one so I can understand your point of view better.

Thankyou

[edit on 26/5/2007 by nerbot]

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Reading the OPs opening post somehow reminds me of a thread about holographic projecters, the 2 towers and 2 airplanes.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I don't feel the same way i did about ats 2 years ago since i posted. I remember it being a research based site but now when you post a topic, it becomes a flame war. Usually the thread will change to en entirely different subject. Instead of researching and denying ignorance, most people believe what the thread says instead of being skeptical. I came here to have intelligent discusions about aliens and ufos/ life after death, something positive and i never got it. Why is nothing set in stone?:shk:

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
I would also like to know which member/celebrity/expert(s) you were refering to. Feel free to U2U me that one so I can understand your point of view better.

If it can't even be said out in the open then it doesn't need to be said at all. For some reason saying peoples names is taboo, where as we can talk about their content with out mentioning their names and not be banned or warned. So, if it has to be said hinder closed doors then it doesn't deserve to be said at all, and this web site is about getting what be hind the closed doors to be out in to the open. It must stand for what it is built around in all aspects, or it is not truly standing for it at all

Why bother chastising them, educate them, or leave them to it!

That's where the issue is. They think they are the gosple and there are those who think they are the gospel. Nothing is gospel and nothing is relative, and that is a fact. Many times they have been proven wrong and they proceed to fabricate data and manipulate discussion by intercalating false innuendos, and other occurences consist of sincere insults and provocations

[edit on 27-5-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Good posts, Chissler, Zedd.

Originally posted by chissler
I do hold myself to a higher standard and I would be the first to apologize to any member if I felt for one second that I acted inappropriately.

I am glad to see you appreciate that. In the same breath, most of your posts that I inadvertantly come across these days are lengthy on-edge defenses against various criticisms of ATS. Understandably as a staff member your opinion and bond to ATS has evolved, but in my view at least you have been coming across somewhat abrasive.

Frankly, I think this is nothing more than a misconception as you believe my post was directed at you.. when in actuality, it was intended towards Ghost01.

Okay, I can understand that.

We are members too, and we do have opinions. None of us have broken any rules, but if someone is going to insult us, we are going to defend our own. I'm not saying you've insulted me, or anyone else. But some of what was said in the opening post of this thread, I found quite offensive. I said what I said in an attempt to defend my fellow staffers.

Maybe so. I think there is a alot of confusion in regards to the position of staffers. Since ATS is now incorporated alot of us get the 'impression' that you guys are here to provide some sort of customer relations, forgive me for not finding the right term. Yet, the responses to members queries and criticisms seems to be defensive, as you have said. I beleive this generates much of the confusion. ATS has said openly that it likes feedback, yet Ghost01's feedback was not unconditionally welcomed.

My first post on the thread was more laid back than Ghost's, yet I was taken issue with aswell.

So there are no hard feelings.. but please do understand that I was not directing my post towards you. One part was, but after that, it was all Ghost01.

Cool.

Originally posted by malakiem
I remember it being a research based site but now when you post a topic, it becomes a flame war.

Being brutally honest here... I think that is down to the massive influx of new members over the last twelve months or so. It takes time.. to settle in. Think of ATS as a nation with open borders. We have to be tolerant against our desires sometimes.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I just want to personally apologize to any and all staff if I offended any of you.

It was, and is not my intention although I may have. I appreciate all of the awesome work that you do as moderators and members alike. This is a fascinating area to share and spread ideas.

Though I do hope our feedback was heard, I more so hope that we can all get along and that ATS bulsters in to the largest and most success full web site in modern history.

Love to you all and let the imagination flow freely without the interference of ill-tempered emotion ♥

[edit on 27-5-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
I just want to personally apologize to any and all staff if I offended any of you.

Opinions that go against our general day to day business are completely acceptable. If someone were going to get offended over a little slight against ourselves, I don't think the Administration would of chosen that individual to represent the staff. With that in mind, it is quite clear that any staff member has inherited some thick skin.

In my time with ATS, rarely have I ever found myself personally insulted. Rarely doesn't exactly cover it, because I can not actually think of one time.

So, have you offended any staff? I highly doubt it.

It was and is not my intentions although I may have. I appreciate all of the awesome work that you do as moderators and members alike. This is a fascinating area to share and spread ideas.

Fascination doesn't exactly cover what Above Top Secret is. Above Top Secret is not a fascination, it is a way of life. We will have to wait and see on how staff approaches this issue.

Though I do hope our feedback was heard, I more so hope that we can all get along and that ATS bulsters in to the largest and most success full web site in modern history.

As do we. If presented in the appropriate material, Above Top Secret is going to be a step ahead of the competition on all aspects.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
In response to the original topic, I actually think ATS has evolved into a better forum than it used to be. I used to post on ATS all the time, but took a long break from it after the 2004 Election, and have just recently began to post again. The level of discussion appears to be better than it once was, and the moderators also appear to be much quicker in responding to threads that become nothing but flame wars. I have also noticed that the moderators try to cool the fires in these threads quite a bit more, instead of just outright banning someone.

There are so many great topics on ATS to contribute to and I think most all members have contributed greatly to the advancement of knowledge...whether you agree with said knowledge is another thing. Sure there have been a lot of posts that I do not agree with and/or that I think are outright bogus unimformed claims, but thats what keeps me on my toes and doing my own research to find the truth. I could care less if I agree with a members opinion on a certain subject, and most of the time I even tend to disagree with what most people on ATS write, but I truely want to thank everyone I have ever disagreed with on ATS for contributing to the discussion.

Remember, it's what one takes out and learns from ATS that makes the difference, not how many people one can get to "agree" with them as if ATS is a popularity contest! So, I say, ATS has evolved quite differently from what some members want. However, others (including myself) have come back to ATS because we think the level of discussion has improved.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I don't know about all of this. I don't agree with some of what is said on ATS. I kinda feel that is the great thing about ATS is that I don't have to agree. I don't feel shunned when I disagree with anyone. I have had critical discussions with many a poster, even CM's and I never felt that I was looked down upon in any way shape or form.

Of course it could be the way the disagreement is phrased. If you are confrontational in your disagreement you may get it back from a variety of sources. While on the other hand if you make your point without making the person that you are disagreeing with feel antagonized you may get into a worthwhile discussion.

I have seen many a confrontational post that I felt that went a long way to detract from the person posting it rather than helping their cause. Most of the time my posts are relativity ignored by other members because I do not get confrontational in my attempt to disagree with anyone. (well at least I try not to)

What makes this board so great and wonderful to post on is the fact that people can disagree with each other and it is rather encouraged.

I agree that you have to participate in order to get out of ATS what you want. If you want it to be like the ATS you remember then make your posts like the days you remember.

In the short time I have been here personally I have seen this board make some exciting changes, I have also seen my fair share of those that I have to say that it would be better that I don't post because I feel that they are frankly full of it.

That is a great part of this board you don't have to post if you don't agree with what is said.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Dude, ATS has been taken over by the shadow government. I made a thread that contained possible proof for it, and it was deleted less than 4 hours after it was made. It said the reason was it was either because it was already made or offensive. There was no offensive content and I've never seen any mod be that aggressive at threads that were already made. It was also on the private forum RATS so that's been watched too. And I U2Ud the mod who did it and I never got a reply. But my internet messed up after I sent it so it may of never made it.

And the worst part is, it was deleted by a mod who isn't even assigned to that forum. It was Mirthful Me, who has been stalking me ever since I got post banned after the party :w:. Everytime I get a ATS notice, it's always Mirthful Me. Now isn't that strange? Also Mirthful Me has a tendancy to never give me a reason why (and sometimes when I ask) and also sometimes I don't get a notice.

I feel like remaking it on the New World Order forum, but I wrote some stuff in it that is supposed to be restricted from other memebers. But members should have a god given right to know that particular thing but was denied by the 3 amigos.

[edit on 30-5-2007 by wildcat]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I havent been given a gold star since the second grade.

Oh the memories!

:w:

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join