It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving a pandemic.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Suppose that Bird Flu mutates (or any other virus) into a virus capable of passing from human to human, within weeks every country in the world is infected.

How do you go manage to live, work and get supplies in the middle of a pandemic?

If everyone goes to ground and holds up indoors their will be nobody to run the power stations and shops etc. So do you risk going to work to try and make a buck and keep the country running or just try your best to sit it out indoors?

I would be quite willing to go out and work in the event of a bird flu pandemic - i would do any job that needed doing but it has always interested me as to what others would do.

Do you have a strategy as to what you would do in such a situation? If so please post!

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
There are some power and other companies that have planned for a situation like this and have it set up where the workers would live at the plant during the pandemic in order to keep the power and other needed services up and running.

As for what I would do..I would fill my sinks,tub and anything else that will hold water and hope I can hold out in my home until it's under control.

I live by the idea that in a situation where it comes to survival it's everyman for himself so you most likely wouldnt see me out and about during a pandemic unless I absolutely needed something like medical supplies or food.And in that case hope you don't have what I need.

I commend you on being willing to be out in it helping to keep things up and running but there are people who are already responsible for that.Your best place would be with your family protecting them.When it's safe to be in the open with no danger of getting said disease then go see if you can help.

[edit on 24-5-2007 by Simon_Boudreaux]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I agree with Simon- best to stay at home with family, and always a good idea to have food and medicine stored for just such an occasion.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Nobody can disagree that staying inside would lessen the chances of catching the virus. If everyone just stays at home - thats what im worried about.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I live in a rural area, in other words sparsely populated. I think I would have due warning about the pandemic before it reached our town. However I would stock up all the basics: Non perishables, water. I would try to wait it out in seclusion. Also, I have some animals at my farm, I might bring a goat into my home (which would have been sealed as tight as possible with plastic) to provide milk if neccesary. I think the important thing is to stay fit while you are waiting, because I would want to have every possible advantage if the virus did reach my home. I would want all my white blood cells focusing on the virus at hand, not some other problem because of lack of health.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_Boudreaux
There are some power and other companies that have planned for a situation like this and have it set up where the workers would live at the plant during the pandemic in order to keep the power and other needed services up and running.

As for what I would do..I would fill my sinks,tub and anything else that will hold water and hope I can hold out in my home until it's under control.

I live by the idea that in a situation where it comes to survival it's everyman for himself so you most likely wouldnt see me out and about during a pandemic unless I absolutely needed something like medical supplies or food.And in that case hope you don't have what I need.

I commend you on being willing to be out in it helping to keep things up and running but there are people who are already responsible for that.Your best place would be with your family protecting them.When it's safe to be in the open with no danger of getting said disease then go see if you can help.

[edit on 24-5-2007 by Simon_Boudreaux]

I agree w/ you completely^_^v
That is why people in my city are already buying in bulk just for that kind of scenario. I assume they must know something. They were fighting over a case of water. So i was like woah, must be getting near. the last time i went to Costco, I saw a person that had 6 24 pack rolls of toilet paper, 9 24 pack cases of water and 1 emergency food kit. I walked past them and they were all in a hurry and said that their pandemic kit is almost complete. So what do you think of that.?

top topics

join