It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

glitch in navigation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
O.k.

this is something that has happened awhile back, and its not consistent.
However, sometimes when I click the arrow to preview the last page (from myATS favorites) it takes me to the last post the page BEFORE the last page.

i.e. It is doing it with sleepers thread on E.T.
I can see in my ATSfavorites the last person who posted, but it takes me to the page before the last, and I see sleepers last post on that page.

hmmm.

Also, Im running mac OSX (latest version for PowerPC on mac G4 laptop 667mhz Titanium.)

Im using Safari, and I have emptied my cache, etc. to troubleshoot...so its something that has to be on the end of ATS...or an inherent mac bug...

Peace

dAlen

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
It's doing that for me too. I'm using Firefox and I noticed that the other day. It shows that there's a new post and who posted it, but if you click to get the last post, say it's on page 3, it goes to the top of page 2 and you have to click in the thread to get to page 3.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I see the same issue using IE6.
I did notice that if you manually change the page number in the address bar the server will take you the new page.
Seems to happen when a new post crosses a page boundary. Like a counter is not getting updated.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Well, speaking of glitches, I can't log in at Above Politics. I can click like I'm signing in, but I never actually get to, even though the board recognizes me enough to put my name and password on.

Strange.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
as far as the "next to last page" when you click the >> I too get that occasionally. Does not seem to do that on any specific forum or board, it's just kinda random.

oh firefox 1.5.4xx for me. I've also seen it on IE6.

[edit on 5/24/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I sometimes get that, but only on really big threads, which made me think it was a deliberate feature so that it would be possible to read the current discussion before posting.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex
I sometimes get that, but only on really big threads, which made me think it was a deliberate feature so that it would be possible to read the current discussion before posting.

Interesting, now that you mention it as it seems that my issues were with longer threads.

Well, the replies indeed confirm that the issue exist, and not just on my computer.

Peace

dAlen

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by apex
I sometimes get that, but only on really big threads,

Interesting correlation. Next time I noticing it happening, I'll make note of the page count.

Also, the times that I did take notice of that happening, there was only one post on the last page. I don't remember ever seeing it happen, with more than one post on the last page.

Hope this additional info helps in tracking down this bug.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I don't know if this will help, but I had a problem that I mentioned in my post above, and got some help from intrepid.

I had to dump my cookies and switch over to IE, because firefox wouldn't work on Above Politics.

I don't understand, but it worked. And it might help someone else.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Sorry guys, but I've had it happen to me on two page threads today. So it's not just a large thread thing.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
I don't know if this will help, but I had a problem that I mentioned in my post above, and got some help from intrepid.

I had to dump my cookies and switch over to IE, because firefox wouldn't work on Above Politics.

I don't understand, but it worked. And it might help someone else.

I clear out everything frequently on my computer...(mac) it seems safari clogs easy on my mac for some reason...

as for switching to IE, that will not happen (plus they dont develop for mac anymore) and for firefox, i try to use only one browser and to keep minimum apps on my computer...and Skeptic uses mac, so I would be curious his take on this whole thing, as Im sure he has run across it - or no?...

Peace

dAlen

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Is there a bug reporting thread we can put this in? The issue is still around and reproducible. It is a server issue and not client born. It is the cause of some double post. I have seen threads that get the same post send 4 and 5 times because it lands on a page boundary and the user thinks the post were eaten by the router monster. Once again an easy work around is manually changing the page number in the address bar. But that is hardly a solution for those that don’t know what an address bar is.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
This has been a known issue, and has been discussed previously.

Every 20 posts, we roll over to a new page. When we have threads with multiple pages, it would appear that the first post on the next page does not get picked up immediately. So if I were to reply to a thread, and it was the first post on the 8th page, members would still get directed to the 7th page. That is, until someone else comes along and responds. Once there is a second post on that page, members are immediately directed to the new page.

A benign issue that we can take on the chin for the time being.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Discussing it and making the developer(s) aware of the issue can be two different things. As a developer myself I can tell you that in my world I am often the last one to hear about “benign issues”. If they know about it and don’t want to fix it, great I understand that as well. As users we have done all we can. Thanks for your insight Chissler.

new topics

top topics

join