It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Hunters - thermal vid clip

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
an excellent clip of a figure in thermal image that was not there
very cool
I hope this is a new post.
I did not find it.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I remember seeing that episode. Freaky stuff.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Yeah that was weird and I remember watching the episode too. The only piece of evidence they have that I think is faked is the black figure from that prison. I see a pant leg everytime I see it.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I saw this too and can't believe they can't figure out how th image was formed.

Grant was leaning against that locker not 2 minutes before the video was taken. They are not seeing a ghost, they are seeing heat transfer from grant to the locker, thats all. The number 2 sticker on the locker stays warmer longer because the sticker works like an insulator on the metal.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Actually I did see the episode and the figure seems to be wearing a hat, hats do not transfer heat.

Anyway I thing it was a great episode.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke
I saw this too and can't believe they can't figure out how th image was formed.

Grant was leaning against that locker not 2 minutes before the video was taken. They are not seeing a ghost, they are seeing heat transfer from grant to the locker, thats all. The number 2 sticker on the locker stays warmer longer because the sticker works like an insulator on the metal.

I don't think so because they had Grant lean up against the locker again and there was no heat or very little heat there. Plus the figure moved it's head slightly. I don't remember if the image faded away or what but if it was heat transfer how did the image move?.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Yes the figure moved his head up and down, so its very dificult to claim that it was just the heat transfer of somebody.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
SOme times the figure loos like steve gonsalves the tech manager for the show. I know he wasn't supposed to be there at the time and maybe it's the hat but I see steve when I see that image.

I think it could be real because 1 the locker is not the hight of a person it's like 5 feet tall. The 2 is still wierd even though the pain should act as an inulator. And the reflections off the locker are dim and not nearly as well defined.

I've debunked in my mind the EMF spikes on the USS Carolina when they went down into the hold of the ship where the torpedo blew the hole in the ship. THe welding to fix the hole will spike the EMF detector with it's natural EM fields that it produces. All watships after completeing welding repairs will get de gaussed in a facility to remove EMF spikes.

Love the ghost hunters. wish I could be on that show.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
quote]Originally posted by BASSPLYR
SOme times the figure loos like steve gonsalves the tech manager for the show. I know he wasn't supposed to be there at the time and maybe it's the hat but I see steve when I see that image.

I have to look at it again but I think Steve was in a different area of the hotel at the time.

Originally posted by BASSPLYRI think it could be real because 1 the locker is not the hight of a person it's like 5 feet tall. The 2 is still wierd even though the pain should act as an inulator. And the reflections off the locker are dim and not nearly as well defined.

I think it would depend on when it was painted I think different chemicals are in paints from a long time ago. So I think it would depend on when it was painted.

Originally posted by BASSPLYRI've debunked in my mind the EMF spikes on the USS Carolina when they went down into the hold of the ship where the torpedo blew the hole in the ship. THe welding to fix the hole will spike the EMF detector with it's natural EM fields that it produces. All watships after completeing welding repairs will get de gaussed in a facility to remove EMF spikes.

That's interesting I would like to see if they know that.

Originally posted by BASSPLYRLove the ghost hunters. wish I could be on that show.

Yeah I wouldn't mind doing a hunt with them atleast one time.

[edit on 24-5-2007 by sandman441]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
That was an old one; they couldn't explain it. If my memory serves me right, I don't think they have caught anything else on the thermal that was that clear.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
That's very interesting as it looks like a US Civil War Soldier. Notice the cap with the flat top and what looks like his left hand holding a musket upright to his body? Strange coincidence if it is nothing paranormal.

edit- It seems like the Crescent Hotel was built in 1886, which is a little late fot the Civil War (1861-1865). Could still be a Union Solder perhaps?

Eureka Springs, where the hotel was built, was the location for a Civil War hospital however :-

en.wikipedia.org...
Dr. Alvah Jackson first located the spring and claimed that the waters of Basin Spring had cured his eye ailments in 1856. Dr. Jackson established a hospital in a local cave during the American Civil War and used the waters from Basin Spring to treat his patients

[edit on 24-5-2007 by Xeros]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisJr03
That was an old one; they couldn't explain it. If my memory serves me right, I don't think they have caught anything else on the thermal that was that clear.

Nothing like that I don't think but there have been a few other weird things.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
You have to remember also, that just because the building wasn't around during the Civil War, the land could have so it could be a residual haunting, or it could be something intelligent; who knows? I don't think they've gone back there. The only place they've gone back that I know of is the Stanley Hotel. And ya, that thermal does produce some weird images but they've debunked a lot of them. I remember one episode where they where looking for a monk and thought they caught something run across the screen. It looked good, but it turned out to be Grants finger going across the screen.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisJr03
You have to remember also, that just because the building wasn't around during the Civil War, the land could have so it could be a residual haunting,

Without a doubt the land was there long before the building was built..
Id say it was there long before people were.

I never know what to make of these things.. I've seen that before, and a few other of their clips.. It would be something to consider that you were so close to something aware of you, that are the things we turn into horror tales.

I prefer not to watch these things after midnight... I always get that eery feeling that if I turn around, something will be staring at me from behind - like when you get that feeling that if you open the curtains, you know some deformed face will be there staring back at you... haha, but I do enjoy a good scary tale..

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   
That's actually my favorite Ghosthunters clip of all time.
I wonder why the #2 behind the mass was showing up as so hot.
Very interesting stuff.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
That's very interesting as it looks like a US Civil War Soldier. Notice the cap with the flat top and what looks like his left hand holding a musket upright to his body? Strange coincidence if it is nothing paranormal.
[edit on 24-5-2007 by Xeros]

Yeah that's what i thought, definitely looks like he is holding something like a musket, and at first i thought that hat on his head was a baseball cap, but now you've said that, i could see that.
A soldier from the past?

I love GhostHunters/TAPS.

If anyone wants to see more videos about these people, see this link.
***edit links are down sorry***

[edit on 25-5-2007 by Denied]

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Cool vid. I like the show but I've never seen this clip. It is a figure but it doesnt move at all, I wonder how long it showed up on the camera.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
What about the one in the hospital where they show the supposed child down the long hallway run across the hall from one doorway to the other?

Does anyone have a clue on that one?

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Actually I did see the episode and the figure seems to be wearing a hat,

I also remember that episode and I also remember the hat. If it was just from Grant leaning up against the locker, then the figure with a hat wouldn't be there and it wouldn't be moving ... at least, I don't think so.

These are hard to call because we aren't there and we don't know what they were doing before the film was taken.

I've been to their forums and web site. I've read what people have posted. For the most part, these guys try to DEBUNK ghost sightings. If they thought it was themselves, I think they would have said so.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Well, I don't know if the thing is moving... I mean the camera itself is constantly moving and we have nothing as a marker to judge from.

The hat? If it was a thermal imprint from a guy leaning against it... It stands to reason that a bit above the head would be heated too due to hot air rising.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join