It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H. Res. 333: Impeaching Vice President Cheney, of the United States, for high crimes and misdemeanor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
H. Res. 333: Impeaching Vice President Cheney, of the United States, for high crimes and misdemeanors

In his conduct while Vice President of the United States, Richard B. Cheney, in violation of his constitutional oath to faithfully execute the office of Vice President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, and in violation of his constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed, has purposely manipulated the intelligence process to deceive the citizens and Congress of the United States by fabricating a threat of Iraqi weapons of mass destruction to justify the use of the United States Armed Forces against the nation of Iraq in a manner damaging to our national security interests, to wit:

Despite all evidence to the contrary, the Vice President actively and systematically sought to deceive the citizens and Congress of the United States about an alleged threat of Iraqi weapons of mass destruction:

The Vice President's deception upon the citizens and Congress of the United States that enabled the failed United States invasion of Iraq forcibly altered the rules of diplomacy such that the Vice President's recent belligerent actions towards Iran are destabilizing and counterproductive to the national security of the United States.

In all of this, Vice President Richard B. Cheney has acted in a manner contrary to his trust as Vice President, and subversive of constitutional government, to the prejudice of the cause of law and justice and the manifest injury of the people of the United States.

Wherefore Richard B. Cheney, by such conduct, warrants impeachment and trial, and removal from office.

www.govtrack.us...

They should have done this in 2004.

I fully support this, and i am writing to my Representatives and Senators asking them to support this.

[edit on 5/24/2007 by Alien42]

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23/7/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Eh, not that I'm any great fan of Cheney (cause trust me, I'm quite the opposite), but at this point I just don't see why we should bother.

Even if we got Bush and Cheney out of office, who would replace them (after the unrealistically long trial that would extend past his time in office is my guess)?

Pelosi? Shoot, might as well just leave em in, she's no better.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Last month it was introduced. But unsure if it is in progress or set aside.

www.govtrack.us...

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I have to say, as much as I'd like to see it happen, considering that Bush/Cheney really
don't have that much time left, and the only thing Bush can even do anymore is veto
things that he does'nt like (forget what the American people want, it's all about what he wants),
so I think it's pretty much a waste of time to devote a huge amount of time and resources into, especially when there are other things that should be dealt with.

Not to say that I would'nt support it if it started getting steam.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Where are the high crimes and misdemeanors?

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Already has three Cosponsors:

Rep. William Clay [D-MO]
Rep. Janice Schakowsky [D-IL]
Rep. Albert Wynn [D-MD]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike

I guess there are none.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

From the original post.

Richard B. Cheney, in violation of his constitutional oath to faithfully execute the office of Vice President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, and in violation of his constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed, has purposely manipulated the intelligence process to deceive the citizens and Congress of the United States by fabricating a threat of Iraqi weapons of mass destruction to justify the use of the United States Armed Forces against the nation of Iraq in a manner damaging to our national security interests.

In short, fabrication of evidence, lieing to the Congress and American people, causing an
unjust war and creating a threat to national security that will last decades.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I guess there are none.

Here: www.govtrack.us...

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Baloney. No evidence that he fabricated anything. And since when was lying a high crime?

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Baloney. No evidence that he fabricated anything. And since when was lying a high crime?

I'm only answering what you asked based on what the article says.

As for lying, well for you and me it's not a crime normally, just morally wrong,
unless there is a good reason, however in his case he broke his Constitutional agreement.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien42
Already has three Cosponsors:

Rep. William Clay [D-MO]
Rep. Janice Schakowsky [D-IL]
Rep. Albert Wynn [D-MD]

Already? He's been trying for months to get co-sponsors - not even his own party would bite. He finally got a couple of nobody's to go along with him.

Impeachment by itself means nothing. It is analogous to an indictment - a charge. Hearings and a trial must follow before the person could be removed from office. It would take years before Cheney would be forced to leave, if he was found guilty.

I don't want to sound pessimistic, but this is too little too late. It is nothing more than an attention-getting gesture by Kucinich. Remember, the elections are fast approaching.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Six cosponsors:

Rep Clarke, Yvette D. [NY-11] - 6/6/2007
Rep Clay, Wm. Lacy [MO-1] - 5/1/2007
Rep Lee, Barbara [CA-9] - 6/7/2007
Rep Schakowsky, Janice D. [IL-9] - 5/1/2007
Rep Woolsey, Lynn C. [CA-6] - 6/7/2007
Rep Wynn, Albert Russell [MD-4] - 5/10/2007

thomas.loc.gov...:HE00333:@@@P

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It's up to 13 cosponsors:

Rep Schakowsky, Janice D. [IL-9]
Rep Clay, Wm. Lacy [MO-1]
Rep Wynn, Albert Russell [MD-4]
Rep Clarke, Yvette D. [NY-11]
Rep Lee, Barbara [CA-9]
Rep Woolsey, Lynn C. [CA-6]
Rep Waters, Maxine [CA-35]
Rep Ellison, Keith [MN-5]
Rep Johnson, Henry C. "Hank," Jr. [GA-4]
Rep Moran, James P. [VA-8]
Rep McDermott, Jim [WA-7]
Rep Farr, Sam [CA-17]
Rep Filner, Bob [CA-51]

thomas.loc.gov...:HE00333:@@@P

[edit on 7/13/2007 by Alien42]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Impeachment isnt top be taken lightly, but this step must be taken.

Our government has been hijacked by individuals tied to defense industries, and petroluem industry. The evidence presented at the UN by Colin Powell was fabricated, there were no WMD in IRaq, Saddam Hussien never had ties to Al queda or the Taliban...they hated each other.

It is not a question of how long bush has left in office, or who will replace them...the mechanism of Impeachment exists to remove from office those that would undermine the Constitution and Country. Bush and Cheney have done both.

To NOT impeach would only create in suceeding administrations the impression that anything goes ; that fabricating evidence is ok, pushing the Nation into unsustainable debt is expected, and the killing of tens of thousands in foreign lands is acceptable.

Impeachment is a requirement.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
18 Cosponsors:

Rep Baldwin, Tammy [WI-2] - 8/1/2007
Rep Brady, Robert A. [PA-1] - 7/24/2007
Rep Clarke, Yvette D. [NY-11] - 6/6/2007
Rep Clay, Wm. Lacy [MO-1] - 5/1/2007
Rep Cohen, Steve [TN-9] - 8/4/2007
Rep Ellison, Keith [MN-5] - 6/28/2007
Rep Farr, Sam [CA-17] - 7/12/2007
Rep Filner, Bob [CA-51] - 7/12/2007
Rep Jackson-Lee, Sheila [TX-18] - 8/4/2007
Rep Johnson, Henry C. "Hank," Jr. [GA-4] - 6/28/2007
Rep Lee, Barbara [CA-9] - 6/7/2007
Rep McDermott, Jim [WA-7] - 7/10/2007
Rep Moran, James P. [VA-8] - 7/10/2007
Rep Payne, Donald M. [NJ-10] - 8/1/2007
Rep Schakowsky, Janice D. [IL-9] - 5/1/2007
Rep Waters, Maxine [CA-35] - 6/12/2007
Rep Woolsey, Lynn C. [CA-6] - 6/7/2007
Rep Wynn, Albert Russell [MD-4] - 5/10/2007

Source

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Eighteen co-sponsors out of 435 representatives. And how many of these were Democrats? That would be much more informative data than giving us what district they represent.

And that is the weakest charge that I can think of. Governments the wrold over believed that Saddam had WMD's. Hell, even Clinton bellieved it when he was president.

Nothing more than typical Democratic BS. They have bee waging a campaign of negativity for 6 years now. They never offer good solutions, or offer to sit down in a bi-partisan committee to help the country. All they do is whine and attack and sling mud.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
More BS from the government!

The time to impeach is NOW, not tomorrow. NOW

All this talk about impeachment and all these people voting for it is just hot air.

Nobody is going to impeach anyone and it makes me sick. Why dont we just wait until there really is a nuclear attack instigated by Cheney's and Bush's ilk and then throw them out? It would be a lot simpler to GET THEM OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!

tHEY'VE GOT the whole country behind them for impeachment, everyone wants it, and the minority doesnt count.
Get him the heck out NOW and take his Poodle along with him.

Before its too late

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Nothing more than typical Democratic BS. They have bee waging a campaign of negativity for 6 years now. They never offer good solutions, or offer to sit down in a bi-partisan committee to help the country. All they do is whine and attack and sling mud.
I agree with you here. The Democrats are in bed with the Republicans and its all one big conspiracy, and nobody does anything.
They dont offer good solutions because they are in cohoots with the Bush administration, that's why.
Dont look for any Democrats to "save" us.
I've been saying this for years and i'll say it again: "Its all an illusion"

They want Bush & Co to follow through on his NWO, fake space war, nukes, whatever he has on his agenda- its the Democrats agenda also.

To sum it up, we are s#$%$

How sad to see all this happen.

What Would John Wayne Do??? :shk:

join