It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing UFO quotes !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Thanks Karl,

I think you get the drift and as the poster above this one
says about checking this stuff, it can disillusion a reader
very easily.

Before I forget, if you pay and visit the UFO lecture circuit,
you'll hear quotes that will leave with no other conclusion that
aliens are here and that if you would like to know more, you
should buy more of the books and DVDs that are conviently on
sale at these lectures.

Urine is the best form of defence.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by IronMan

Thanks Ironman for your sound advice.
(is that realy you Robert Downy Jr?)

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
My favorite is still the one in my sig...

That certainly is a good quote!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Nice quotes! There were a few of them I had never seen before.

I will add a few ones to the list. However, all these that I'll post hereunder are not from any "famous" person, and in no way I can name them as I simply have not asked them permission to do so.

I am working now for many years in an important NATO base. I haven't done any "illegal" research, I haven't "hacked" into classified documents that I shouldn't have seen, nor done anything illegal.

All those are extracts from purely private (and often friendly) conversations with different people met on camp during the years. Of course, their words were maybe not precisely those written here, but the meaning is there.

Enjoy reading!

From a retired US military, connected in the 70's with president Carter:
"Of course we know, and the president told us once during a trip! But we can't speak of that publicly, I even think that he [the president] didn't know a lot himself
(me) - You mean he told you about the US knowing about UFOs and stuff?
- Oh god yeah! You'd fall on your butt if you knew. "

From the same guy:
"Yes I knew Robert O'Dean. This guy tells the truth. I can die now if he is liar."

Again:
"There still is today an absolute secret imposed on all pilots and staff working at radar bases about that. They can't speak of what they see."

From a British airplane pilot:
(I mention that case in this old thread of mine)
"I was not there at the time, but one of my best friends was stationed there. He mentioned that exercise, and he said it was quite strange because no one was briefed before the exercise like often. It seemed to be more a scramble than anything else. He also told me that the debriefing was clear: this was an exercise, but it had to be kept top secret!"
"No, I suppose if it were really an exercise, more people would know, as probably there would be a campaign to recruit volunteers to participate in it. I think it must have been a false alert of some sort. That happens sometimes you know."
After I mentioned the fact that (if it were what I suspected, an underwater object that could not be identified) russians were also in the place:
"Maybe that it was a russian submarine? They have big ones too.
- No apparently they were in the operation on the side of NATO...
- I doubt it. In 1992?
- Yes, in 1992.
- Well... I don't know. Anyhow..."
Then we went on speaking of other things...

From a civilian working in the communication center (that deals with Top Secret levels, satellites, etc.)
"I can't tell you everything of course, but it is true that we have a number of documents here that are very highly protected.
(me)- Protected to what level?
- More than what you imagine.
- Top Secret?
- Much higher. I don't even know the exact classification, but it is above Cosmic."
(note: I happen to know for a fact that Cosmic Top Secret is a real classification. It is actually linked to the nuclear operations and business, and is apparently "brothered" to the more general Top Secret classification. It appears to me to be more like a denomination for a TS plus a need-to-know in the matter)

From another civilian, retired high ranking military:
"There is no such thing as a secret, as quite obviously everybody now knows that those crafts are not from earth. At least not all of them, because we're trying to copy them for several years now, with moderate success. What is actually a secret, is the proof of that. And I even could never approach that secret."

From the same guy:
"You know in my job I have often been confronted with troubling information. What I can tell you is that at levels much higher than myself, the generals and the like, they were taking that very seriously. I mean, we were not allowed to talk at all about the reports. Once they were passed to their levels, we would never hear of the paper again. Probably all of them were never filed, or I don't know where. They would instantly become Eyes Only once they were out of my office."

From the same guy:
"I've never done the investigation myself, but it is certain that we were quite concerned then [note: mid 60's to mid 70's period], and all those official reports like the Condon & Blue Book were total crap. I've never had anything like what those mention! You know, as a [rank], I did what my boss told me to do. I could not decide of policies about that. I got the paper, analyse it roughly, and if interesting it had to be passed to [the boss]. The rest was deemed unusable or bollox [note: yes he is british, I remember him say that word!]."

From a US military:
"What I find amazing is the way Belgium was so public about that wave [note: the so famous Belgian wave of 1989-1991]. I mean, if we had had such a case, you can bet that the news would be filled by it, but not with the official reports like [your gov't/military did]. I have been working with people who were somehow more or less related to that, and I tell you, they don't speak. I feel often ridiculous when I try to speak about that with them. They are immediately dismissing it with stuff like 'you believe in that crap?' and they stop it there."

I could go on... but I can tell you that those conversations I had with many people are very interesting.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SpookyVince

Spooky Vince thanks for the comprehensive reply-very interesting reading and, although you say your quotes are purely speculative, I do think its quite revealing just ´how many´ trained military professionals and high ranking officials from NATO,NORAD,NASA,NSA (and various different other agencies) take the UFO subject seriously.
The quote concerning the Belgium sighting is quite intriguing one and I read a similar quote concerning the British Government from Nick Pope.
Cheers.
edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

From another civilian, retired high ranking military:
"There is no such thing as a secret, as quite obviously everybody now knows that those crafts are not from earth. At least not all of them, because we're trying to copy them for several years now, with moderate success. What is actually a secret, is the proof of that. And I even could never approach that secret."

Although that particular statement is unsubstantiated,its contents do seem to be a common theme running through many of these quotes.

These statements made by U.S. astronaut Gordon Cooper in front of a United Nations Committee are revealing:

""I believe that these extra-terrestrial vehicles and their crews are visiting this planet from other planets... Most astronauts were reluctant to discuss UFOs."

"I did have occasion in 1951 to have two days of observation of many flights of them, of different sizes, flying in fighter formation, generally from east to west over Europe."

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Yeah, well the "there is no such thing as a secret" is rather an irony, a sort of mockery. The actual meaning is close to "everybody knows that it is a secret, therefore it is secret no more". The fact is that the proofs are the real secret, the buzz is just people talking I reckon...

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
More UFO quotes from highly prominent individuals:

World scientists:
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Astronauts/cosmonauts:

Prominent World Government and Military Officials:

Some of the more prominent individuals:

Major-General Wilfred De Brouwer, Deputy Chief, Royal Belgian Air Force.

General Benjamin Chidlaw,Air Defense Command.

General Lionel M Chassin,French Air Forces,Air Defense Coodinator of the allied forces of NATO.

General Carlos Castro Cavero, General in the Spanish Air Force.

Admiral Delamer S Fahmey,Former Head US Navy, Guided Missile Programme.

Air Marshall Roesmin Nurjadin, Commander-in-Chief of the Indonesian Air Force.

General Kanshi Ishikawa, Chief of Staff of Japan's Air Force.

Vice Admiral Roscoe Hillenkoetter.

M. Robert Galley, French Minister of Defense.

General Curtis LeMay, Air Force Chief of Staff.

Air Chief Marshal Lord Dowding.

Captain Edward J. Ruppelt, Chief of Project Blue Book.

General Walter Bedell Smith, Director of the CIA from 1950-53.

Admiral Commander of the fleet Lord Hill Norton.

USA Major Donald E Keyhoe .

General Nathan D. Twining, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (1957-1960).

Lee Katchen,NASA atmospheric physicist.

Albert M. Chop, Cheif Public Relations director NASA.

Mikhail Gorbachev.

Colonel João Adil Oliveira, Brazilian Air Force.

Prince Philip.

Dr J Allen Hyneck,Phd.

George Keleti, Minister of Defense,Hungary.

Dr. Herman Oberth (The father of modern rockerty).

Dr. Maurice Biot (leading aerodynamicists and mathematical physicist).

John W. McCormack, Speaker of the House of Representatives of the United States.

US Senator Barry Goldwater.

Donald Slayton, Mercury astronaut.

Dr. James E. McDonald, Senior Physicist at the Institute of Atmospheric Physics at the University of Arizona.

Dr. Robert M. L. Baker, Jr., President of West Coast University.

Dr. Margaret Mead, world-renowned anthropologist.

Dr. Peter A. Sturrock, Professor of Space Science and Astrophysics and Deputy Director of the Center for Space Sciences and Astrophysics at Stanford University.

Dr. Auguste Meessen, Professor of physics at the Catholic University in Louvain .

Professor Liang Renglin of Guangzhou Jinan University,China.

Dr. Pierre Guérin, senior researcher at the French National Council for Scientific Research.

Dr. Claude Poher, expert on aeronautics, astronomy and astronautics, engineer at the French Space Agency.

Dr. Paul Santorini, Greek physicist and engineer credited with developing the proximity fuse for the Hiroshima atomic bomb.

Dr. Felix Y. Zigel, Professor of mathematics and astronomy at the Moscow Aviation Institute.

Earl of Kimberly, Member of the House of Lords.

Lord Davies of Leek, Member of the House of Lords.

Lord Rankeillour, Member of the House of Lords.

Donald (Deke) Slayton, "Mercury Seven" astronaut.

Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 lunar module pilot.

Cosmonaut Yevegni Khrunov, Soyuz-5 spacecraft pilot.

Major-General Pavel Popovich, pioneering Cosmonaut.

edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join