It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing UFO quotes !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
These quite revealing quotes about the UFO subject are made by many politicians,academics,scientists and high ranking military officials/NASA

www.paradigmresearchgroup.org...
(scroll down)

[edit on 01/24/07 by karl 12]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Heres another good one from former CIA director Admiral Hillenkoetter:

"Behind the scenes,high ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about the UFOs.But,through official secrecy and ridicule,many citizens are led to beleive that unknown flying objects are nonsense".

And another quote taken from FBI director J Edgar Hoover's 1949 UFO debreifing document:

"Recent observations have indicated that the unidentified phenomena travel at a rate of speed estimated at a minimum of 3 miles per second and a maximum of 12 miles per second".

Its interesting that hardcore UFO cynics often fail to address these quotes from high ranking personnel ,instead preferring to ignore them and cherrypick half truths regarding the subject - I'm not talking about sceptics here, just the handful of UFO cynics who attempt to shoehorn in their own preconceptions and pour ridicule and scorn on the subject.

edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
My favorite is still the one in my sig...

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Gazrock,good one!.Heres another,

"The phenomenon of UFOs does exist,and it must be treated seriously".

Mikhail Gorbachev,Premiere of the Soviet Union
-interview as rerported in 'Soviet Youth',May 4th,1990.

Cheers Karl

[edit on 01/24/07 by karl 12]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

"An investigator for the Air Force stated that three so-called flying saucers had been recovered in New Mexico. They were described as being circular in shape with raised centers. Approximately 50 feet in diameter. Each one was occupied by three bodies of human shape but only 3 feet tall. Dressed in metallic cloth of a very fine texture. Each body was bandaged in a manner similar to the blackout suits used by speed flyers and test pilots."

TO: J. EDGAR HOOVER
FBI Director
Memo to J. Edgar Hoover from the Washington FBI Office

March 22, 1950

Released in 1976 under the FOIA

If this was really released under the FOIA, doesn't it confirm that the government is covering up information about ufos, and that we really have been visited by aliens?

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
well I did a web search on one quote and came up empty handed to a good link and the one I found over at another forum seems like a fraud

hey my first detective work

"We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity.... Anything you can imagine, we already know how to do."

BEN RICH
Head of the Lockheed Skunk Works
Lecture just before he died

Unexplained Mysteries Discussion Forums
www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

here is the topic in question.
www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

seems the only source I can get is a poster that got banned on forum and there is no proof of this statement.

[edit on 24-5-2007 by junglelord]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   

If this was really released under the FOIA, doesn't it confirm that the government is covering up information about ufos, and that we really have been visited by aliens?

I certainly don't recall ever reading that in the FOIA docs... But, I'll definitely look for it next time I go through them... I don't think it's a valid claim though...

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
[Regarding the quotation from a FBI document] I don't think it's a valid claim though...

Hi Gazrok,

It depends what you mean by "a valid claim".

The relevant quotation is from an FBI document. It is included in the FOIA documents on the FBI's own website at page 34 of 66 at the link below:
foia.fbi.gov...

So, at least this quotation (unlike many, many purported quotations circulating on the Internet in relation to UFOs) is genuine.

However, its contents merely report a claim made by an individual (which, from its contents, are probably related to the Scully/Newton/Gebauer hoax).

By the way, as I mentioned in relation to Free_Spirit's recent claim that the FBI was opening its UFO files in the thread below, the FBI documents which were released in the 1970s are discussed in some detail in Bruce Maccabee's book “UFO FBI Connection” (2000) and Nick Redfern's book “The FBI Files” (1998):
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kind Regards,

Isaac Koi

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Here's some other famous quotes from MUFON, CAUS & other agencies.

"A Quinn Martin Production"
"They mostly come at night... mostly"
"It lashed out violently like an octupus playin' the drums!"

"I don't give a f*ck who he says he's with, he's not comin' in"
"You heard the man and you know drill, assholes and elbows"

"I'd love to boldly go where no man's gone before... but I'll
probably just stay in Aurora"

"Residents of White Oaks... you can kiss my ass"
"You're not reading it right, they've gotta be in the goddam
room" oh! and "They're comin' outta the goddam walls!"

"Monkey's... ugly Monkeys"
"Till the handle breaks off and you have to get a Doctor to
pull it out again"

"Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a
dress and played girl bunny?" (slight pause) "No... NO!"
"Neither did I. I was just asking."
"Whoooa, he made the international sign of the doughnut"

"You never could shoot straight, not from the very start"
"You always were an asshole Gorman"

(Supposedly said at a conference near Nellis Air Force Base
close to Las Vegas)
"I knew he was headstrong, sayin' stupid things. So when he turned
up dead, I didn't ask who give the order"

"He's still alive... they put five shots into him and he's still alive.
Well that's bad news for me and bad news for you if you don't make
that deal"

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Heres some more:

"There are many reasons to beleive that they(UFOs)exist,there is so much evidence from reliable witnesses."
Prince Philip,
Duke of Edinburgh,
'London Sunday Dispatch',March 28th,1954.

"For the government to continue to maintain that UFOs are non-existant in the face of the documents already released and of other cognent evidence presented in this book is puerile and, in a sense,an insult to the American people."
J.Allen Hyneck,Phd.
Former scientist with Project Bluebook

"I've been convinced for a long time that the flying saucers are real and interplanetary.In other words,we are being watched by beings from outer space".
Albert M. Chop,Deputy public relations officer,NASA.
Former USAF spokesman for Project Bluebook

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
["We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity.... Anything you can imagine, we already know how to do."

BEN RICH
Head of the Lockheed Skunk Works
Lecture just before he died

"It seems the only source I can get is a poster that got banned on forum and there is no proof of this statement."

Although you haven't found anything that corroborates the authenticity of this statement, Ben Rich does appear on the Disclosure Project and does indeed think UFOs are real. There's also quite a few other statements found at the link from very prominent scientists, academics, high ranking military officials etc.. which also contain some very interesting content and appear to have been authenticated.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
"It's the story of the 21st century" - President George Bush at the end of "UFO Greatest Story"

LOL!

Nothing important with UFOs happened in the 20th century, apparently

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Heres another good one from former CIA director Admiral Hillenkoetter:
"Behind the scenes,high ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about the UFOs.But,through official secrecy and ridicule,many citizens are led to beleive that unknown flying objects are nonsense".

The Admiral is an interesting case. He was actually on the Board of Directors of NICAP (National Investigation Committee on Aerial Phenomenon) which was the largest citizen UFO group in existence in the fifties with thousands of members. NICAP was pushing hard for congressional hearings. They did not have a New Age personna at all--they were quite straightforward, unlike present day wannabes. NICAP also managed to get Ruppelt, who used to manage Project Blue Book onto the Board. So here you have the ex-Director of the CIA, an Admiral, teh ex-Director of Project Blue Book, an air force officer, and Keyhoe, the Director of NICAP, a Major (I think retired at that point). Plus 5,000 citizens, none of whom were pulling contactee crapola on anyone.

Then what happened? Ruppelt suddenly left NICAP. Speculation was that his employer, Lockheed (?), forced him to quit. A little later, he died of a heart attack while he was still in his thirties.THEN Admiral Hillenkoetter resigned from the Board, very strangely, and refused to have anything to do with NICAP. The organization floundered around for awhile. Then the Head of the Board, Col. Joseph Bryan, who had intelligence ties with the CIA, managed to form a coup and force Keyhoe, always the guiding light of NICAP, to resign. Bryan then took over the organization and managed it into the ground to the point that it disbanded. The implication, of course, is that the CIA managed to infiltrate NICAP and cause its demise.

This information broought to you by a member who has been labeled a 'biased skeptic and debunker.' Thank you.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Ben Rich does appear on the Disclosure Project and does indeed think UFOs are real.

I've seen one letter written by him where he states a belief that some UFOs are man made and some aren't.

What does he say in his DP interview ? I've never seen it.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
What does he say in his DP interview ? I've never seen it.

Ah,apologies I've just watched the DP again and had Ben Rich mixed up with Don Philips (the Lockheed Skunkworks and CIA contractor)- genuine mistake-sorry.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Schuyler,thanks for the info -interesting stuff!
Cheers Karl

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Heres some more UFO quotes by very prominent people:
netscienta.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I think this was overheard in the Pentagon canteen by
Doris P. Griswald, a secretary with Major Melons.

"It's like the problem in 1947 with the area near
Corona. Five grey... (a cappachino machine was switched
on and that scouring loud noise drowns out the conversation)

It's only when Doris leans closer to the two military guys that
she hears, "... and both hands dripping in p*ss"

Makes you think nuh?

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Ironman fascinating stuff-unequivocable evidence if ever I've heard it.

On a more serious note ,its interesting how UFO debunkers seem to enjoy just blatantly'ignoring' these quotes(instead prefering to 'pre-judge' and 'assume' the subject is all nonsense).

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

its interesting how UFO debunkers seem to enjoy just blatantly'ignoring' these quotes

Hi Karl,

Since sources aren't given for most of the purported quotations that float around within ufology, and since many of the purported quotations prove to be inaccurate (or taken out of context) when they are looked into in detail, it's not surprising that most purported quotations are simply ignored.

I've spent quite a bit of time looking into some of the relevant quotations, trying to trace them back to their source. It's quite easy to spend a few days looking into a single purported quotation before finding out whether it is accurate or not, and the context within which the remark was made.

I commented on some of these issues in a previous relatively long thread on ATS about quotations which may be of interest to you:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

All the best,

Isaac

top topics

<<   2 >>

join