It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy by CBS exec's to ignore the "Save Jericho" protest.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Weither you like the show or not.

I personally got this from a myspace:

I got this from the Jericho CBS Message Boards. :-)

Date: 2007-05-23T13:45:21

Hi all:

I am a public relations professional. I have been involved with the PR field/crisis communications for over 10 years. My work on a team at my former PR firm was recognized with a Bronze Anvil Award from the Public Relations Socieety of America. I tell you this not out of hubris or pride, but simply to let you know that I know what I'm talking about in this post.

Over the past few days it is clear that CBS is taking the following crisis communication steps and implememented a series of key messages for all its representatives, including those now answering the phones:

1. Filter out e-mails related to Jericho as junk mail. Out of sight, out of mind.

2. Change e-mailll addresses of key stakeholders within the organization, i.e., Nina Tassler and Kelly Kahl, in an effort to further slow the e-mail onslaught.

3. Downplay the number of calls/letters/e-mails received, both to Jericho fans and the media. This, they hope, will dampen the media interest by portraying the Jericho activists as a few crackpots who can't let go of a TV show, and chill the momentum of the fans who are calling in. What better way to get people to stop calling than to make the activists think the effort is failing?

4. They plan to deny/deny/deny the shipment of nuts going into CBS. They will downplay the number as "a few bags." Why? See Item 3.

The goal of this crisis communications effort is to slow, stall, and stop the fan campaign by discrediting the fans, downplaying the number/effect, and eventually hoping that the campaign will stall during the upcoming holiday weekend.

Will you help me do something about this?

Ms. Nina Tassler
7800 Beverly Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90036-2112

www.myspace.com...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

www.jericholives.com...

Email the CBS Audience Services mailbox: [email protected]

Help me and others who want to save this show. If nothing else just to let your anger out to a bunch of exec's who probably canceled a show you liked some other time. Email them, write them what ever you can do. I'm just trying to show them the voice of the viewer actually matters, and should matter to them.

[edit on 24-5-2007 by Royal76]

[edit on 24-5-2007 by Royal76]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Come on People

Help a guy out won't you. This is you chance to let the people who are always canceling good shows to let them know how you feel. Weither you like the show, didn't watch, or hated it. You should be able to feel a good chance to get back at the people who are always doing stupid stuff like execs at TV stations.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This show was seriously one of the only ones I've enjoyed in a long time. I liked Firefly, but, I never waited each week to see the next episode like I did with Jericho.

It's really a shame this show was tossed out. Season 2 would have started the whole "uprising" segment against the U.S fascist government that was being put in place. I hope that isn't foreshadowing something here that's very real...

Anyways, lets help do something about this.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The networks do this with lots of shows.

Firefly
Farscape
Jericho

and one of my faves...Drive

They just ignore any outcry because it's about the money. Plain and simply. Not enough viewers = no cash.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Unfortunately that's the case.

But the issue is CBS was forcing Jericho to build up the family relations in season 1. This put a lot of people off because it wasn't really completely necessary (not to the extent they pushed it). The show started to show where it was heading by the last 2 episodes and that was VERY promising and exciting.

They're going to end up making a 2 hour movie to "end" the series. They had enough of a story to go for a few more seasons though, especially one more.

I guess all you CAN do is push at them.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Personally I thought it was the Hiatus that really hurt

What jack
decides to take a month or so off in the middle of the season like that?

Man the show really started to roll right near the end too. The set up for next year was great. With them going to battle with New Bern, and the military under an unknown US government who was only there because they thought the hidden proof of who started the whole thing might be found, and needed to be hidden. The show could have really rocked next year.

What really need to happen is that CBS should give the show to ABC a network who actually knows how to do shows right.

Personally I have several different email addresses on Yahoo, I never used them, I set them up so I could have a dozen fantasy teams for football. I just revived them to email everyone I could find at CBS.

I'm on a personal boycott of CBS, and will no longer watch any of their shows after this, unless they bring it back. I have the memory of an elephant, and a serious vidictive streak. I won't just change my mind next year.

Thanks for the imput. Please do what you can, to spread any message about the movement to bring Jericho back. It is a lot of fun personally.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
What jack
decides to take a month or so off in the middle of the season like that?

I think that's becoming the norm now a days. I don't watch too much tv anyway but they did it with supernatural they would show two episodes then go on a month hiatus then they had a 2 month break around the middle of the season. They also did it for Ghost Hunters they went of break a few months ago I think December and aren't coming back until next month. I agree it's stupid and I don't understand why they would even do that.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I think that's becoming the norm now a days. I don't watch too much tv anyway but they did it with supernatural they would show two episodes then go on a month hiatus then they had a 2 month break around the middle of the season. They also did it for Ghost Hunters they went of break a few months ago I think December and aren't coming back until next month. I agree it's stupid and I don't understand why they would even do that.

Yeah I stopped watching Supernatural after a while. I think the thing with Ghosthunters is that they have to wait a while for new material. There problem is that they are bringing their product to air too quickly and not giving time to have more. What's really killing tv for me is all the reality shows, and singing & dancing shows where the audience is suppost to vote.
They are so lame and are replacing shows like Jericho, and others because the generation of viewers 10-15 is all they care about getting hooked.

PS I will say that the way "South Park" is handled is much better. During the week they show reruns of their best episodes at 8:30 central. On wensday is the new one. That show is great. I can even watch reruns I have seen before and get a good laugh.

[edit on 25-5-2007 by Royal76]

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
I think the thing with Ghosthunters is that they have to wait a while for new material. There problem is that they are bringing their product to air too quickly and not giving time to have more. What's really killing tv for me is all the reality shows, and singing & dancing shows where the audience is suppost to vote.
They are so lame and are replacing shows like Jericho, and others because the generation of viewers 10-15 is all they care about getting hooked.

Maybe but they are in Europe now and there are a bunch of places there and not every episode has something in it. Yeah The only two reality shows I like are Ghost Hunters and The Ultimate Fighter (even that is getting kind of bad) Other than those two I can't stand reality tv. I blame MTV.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This type of # always happens to good shows. Unfortunately, no matter what we do, they won't put it back on the air. The best chance for it to air again is for the creators to take it to other networks, specifically ones like HBO--but maybe NBC and TBS/TNT will even consider picking it up.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Maybe but they are in Europe now and there are a bunch of places there and not every episode has something in it. Yeah The only two reality shows I like are Ghost Hunters and The Ultimate Fighter (even that is getting kind of bad) Other than those two I can't stand reality tv. I blame MTV.

Yeah Sandman you are right about the blame on MTV. First they killed their network with all those lame reality shows. Then like a virus they spread destroying all good tv. ABC seems to be the only network with some kind of antivirus. Yeah they have a reality show or two but they can also produce a few real quality shows.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I totally agree. The power is in the hands of fools, who wouldn't know a good thing if it jumped up and bit them.

join