It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House OKs 'outrageous gas prices' bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

House OKs 'outrageous gas prices' bill

www.upi.com

WASHINGTON, May 23 (UPI) -- The U.S. House of Representatives Wednesday passed legislation authorizing the Federal Trade Commission to investigate and punish gasoline price gouging.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Thank goodness something is being done. But will it be enough?

www.upi.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
What a crock!

The Federal Government receives more money from taxing gas than the Oil companies recieve in profits from gasoline.

If the Government is worried about gas prices, repeal the tax on gas. That would be a great start!

apc

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The tax at the pump... the tax on the retailers... the tax on the distributors... the tax on the refineries... the tax on the importers... the tax on the tax...

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
You forgot about the tax on the air that we breathe? To be serious though, they do tax us way too much, and that's something that needs addressed asap.

Reminds me of an old quote, "Taxation without representation." Who's representing us, the PEOPLE, on this issue?

TheBorg

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
That's great news. I think we can expect great things to come of this, including:

• Congressional hearings where witnesses don't have to testitfy under oath.

• Full immunity for anyone who voluntarily testifies.

• "I plead the Fifth" as the Number 1 Answer with "I don't know" as the number 2 answer, and "I don't remember" as number 3.

• A viscious slap on the wrist where they are told not to keep so much money next time.

• Their sincere promise that they'll do a better job in the future.

• A fun media circus for all to enjoy.

• A detailed analysis of what Witness X meant when they said "I plead the Fifth", "I don't know" and "I don't remember".

• posted on May, 29 2007 @ 03:15 PM
    link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
    What a crock!

The Federal Government receives more money from taxing gas than the Oil companies recieve in profits from gasoline.
    !

RR, you come up with this stuff all the time. How bout a little documentation. Or are you just a "driveby poster?"

new topics

top topics

join