It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debt Collectors Punch Mom In Face While 5 Year-Old Watches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

We realize that you need to repossess that 2000 Ford Focus, but it's just not necessary to punch a woman in the face in front of her 5 year-old daughter. The woman, Sara Bradley, 25, was was sitting in her car when a debt collector trying to repossess the vehicle attacked her, grabbing her necklace and punching her in the face, according to the Boston Globe.

LINK

WoW! How crazy is this? debt collectors are getting out of hand. I hope they go to jail and rot.

Mod Edit: Fixing Quote Tags.

[edit on 24-5-2007 by chissler]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Good for her

I thought they were only allowed to reposes when the car was unoccuppied. They should have just followed her, and waited until she parked and got out like a normal repo person would. Personally I have never seen, nor heard someone repoing their stuff. I've seen it as plot devices in movies and stories, but to attack a mother with her cub. They got exactly what they deserved.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
No doubt. I thought repo men was spoused to take back the property without violence. Not beat people down and take it.
And if it were my wife and kid...well lets just say it would be a bad day for who ever hired them and for the repo men.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Here's the Boston Globe article.

It reminds me of one of my favorite movies.

Repo Man (1984)

It also reminds me of one of my least favorite movies.

Dumb & Dumber (1994).

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

The men pleaded not guilty today to the assault and battery charges and plan "to fight this case ... all the way to jury trial," Couturier said.

I hope they do fight it. It will be that much more of a harsher sentience.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
I hope they do fight it. It will be that much more of a harsher sentience.

In the US, everyone has a right to a trial by jury.

Barring any plea deal to a lesser charge, the sentence in a case should be no more harsh than for someone who pleads guilty to the same charge. At least, that's the way it's supposed to work.

It doesn't always, it seems.

[edit on 2007/5/24 by GradyPhilpott]

top topics

join