It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone catch the linguistic word play today?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
As you probably know I'm an American living in the UK so I like to catch some American TV every now and then through the use of my Slingbox. Well I made it just in time for the presidential news conference today (May 24th 2007) and I caught some interesting word play on behalf of President Bush. Now what I heard was:

'Al-Queda is an enemy in Iraq therefore he's an enemy in America. And if they're an enemy in America, then we should help fight them in Iraq'

Did anyone catch that mention of absurdity? The linguistical games are interesting.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
God, He must be one of the most uneducated presidents that's ever lived. You'd think that one of the prerequisites for running a country would be a course in public speaking. He never gives a straight answer. I don't know if He can't answer a question clearly or that He won't answer it clearly. Either way, He bugs the crap out Me. Fear-mongering, war-mongering Bush- 'Uh, if we pull out of Iraq now, Al-Qaida WILL attack Us, Osama WILL atttack Us'. Blah, blah. Is it '08 yet?

Peace. K*

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
How about yesterday at the USCG commencement, when he was trying to justify his pre-emptive strike doctrine? He was looking at the graduating cadets on every pause, like, "That's right, you better applaud."

The attacks of 9/11 are the linchpin to the whole thing. His whole premise is "We have to take the fight to the enemy, or he will attack us again." Then he says "Therefore, we are on the offensive," like he has just made some big philosophical argument that justifies genocide. Of course it is harder for us to be attacked at home when we are attacking abroad, but will that ever solve the problem? No, imo, it will only escalate and exacerbate it. We will eventually be attacked again in this scenario, only sooner, and with more damage and greater loss of life.

Is that what he is trying to make happen? It certainly seems so. Otherwise he would have secured our borders and transportation corridors first before committing our entire military, including the NG (which is supposed to guard the nation, you know, the National Guard) to his ill-conceived "Global War on Terror."

Remember this post when a suitcase nuke goes off in an American city, martial law is declared, and we are all well and truly screwed.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Actually he put Al-qeada in Iraqso he could have an excuse to keep pushing our troops into a death trap until he get his goal.

He is a shame to our nation and us the American people.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The world is less safe; the country has become devisive and suspicious; the economy is in shambles; the Constitution has been rendered irrelevent; the military is being run ragged... yet GWB insists on screwing with Iran now as well. I found the recent news report of clandestine CIA operations approved in Iran hilarious. And that bafoon Romney calling the media to task for reporting it. Hey Romeny, two words: 'Big Dig'. It's like a bad high school play. Do these chuckleheads expect us to believe that that information was put out there by accident? From my perspective it's a clear attempt to slowly prepare us fopr the inevitable. Who voted for this toad? I want names.

[edit on 24-5-2007 by jtma508]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising

The attacks of 9/11 are the linchpin to the whole thing. His whole premise is "We have to take the fight to the enemy, or he will attack us again." Then he says "Therefore, we are on the offensive," like he has just made some big philosophical argument that justifies genocide. Of course it is harder for us to be attacked at home when we are attacking abroad, but will that ever solve the problem? No, imo, it will only escalate and exacerbate it. We will eventually be attacked again in this scenario, only sooner, and with more damage and greater loss of life.

Is that what he is trying to make happen? It certainly seems so. Otherwise he would have secured our borders and transportation corridors first before committing our entire military, including the NG (which is supposed to guard the nation, you know, the National Guard) to his ill-conceived "Global War on Terror."

Remember this post when a suitcase nuke goes off in an American city, martial law is declared, and we are all well and truly screwed.

Thank you! Well said.

It's like perpetually aggravating a bee hive.
We'll go out of our way and stick our hand in
every nest we find, but we fear taking a sting
or two from a random bee?

It's illogical.

It defies, everything, hell I don't even know anymore..

Today in the breakroom at work they were playing
snippets of Bush's speech, and two of the three
people sitting there got up, deeply *sighed*
shook their heads and left.

And that's really all I can muster anymore,
a deep *sigh*. Its a damn shame.
Fear we go again!

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
We will probably be attacked again. Our govt. will be involved, of course. That way Bush can say 'I told You so', start another crappy-a$$ war with Iran, assert Himself as dicktator and 'insurer of constitutional govt. cuz there's been another 'catastrophic emergency'. How did we get to this point? Why are We allowing it? When is enough, enough?

Peace. K*

[edit on 5/25/07 by Demetre]

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I don't want WWIII. I just want to live life, have fun, go to cookouts now and then, lift weights. All that good stuff. I don't want to drop a bomb on anybody.

Our a**bag president wants us to be at war all the time.

My appologies to the rest of the sane world, President Bush does not represent "everyone" here in America.

Troy

top topics

join