It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmation of S300-systems in IRAN + new equipment enroute

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Syrian sources have revealed that Iran has at least two S-300PMU-1/2 Favorit (SA-10c/d 'Grumble') air-defence systems in their arsenal.

Allso Syria is supplying at least 10 of their 50 ordered 96K6 Pantsyr-S1E self-propelled short-range gun and missile air-defence systems. First will arrive to Damascus later on 2007. Systems are due to arrive into Teheran suring 2008. Additionally Iran is seeking to obtain 50 more Pantsyr units.

Janes article

Pantsyr:

S-300

[edit on 24-5-2007 by northwolf]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I'm sceptical on the S-300 claim.

Re the Panstir S-1E I think it has Phased array radar so different model to the one you posted. pvo.guns.ru...

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Per the title it cannot be confirmation as the source is not official or Iranian, so I like planeman am still skeptical about the S-300 claims. As far as this latest purchase goes, Iran seems to be focusing on highly capable short range point defense systems...

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
www.charter97.org...
english.people.com.cn...

The problem appears to be that whilst Russia claims not to be selling the S-300 system to Iran directly, it is selling the system to third party nations which lack the finances themselves to afford such systems.

Impoverished nations like Belarus and Syria are purchasing far in excess of their needs for this system and then covertly selling the S-300 to Iran. No doubt Iran is funding these deals and no doubt Russia knew the sales would ultimately supply Iran.

Also post script: here's a list of arms suppliers to Iran:

www.iranwatch.org...

[edit on 26-5-2007 by sy.gunson]

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
No doubt Iran is funding these deals and no doubt Russia knew the sales would ultimately supply Iran.
No doubt? I doubt it for one.

Syria can afford S-300 although the money would be better spent on industry or schools etc, but the Syrian S-300 order has been on the cards since the 1990s but Russia has been the one holding back. I don't think Syria has S-300.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
www.freeman.org...

goliath.ecnext.com... receiving-Su-27SK.html

top topics

join