It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

alien world

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
who here has heard of descriptions of an alien world? I am curious about the nature of an alien wilderness. Do they have trees or something like trees? Do they have a plant and animal kingdom? Do they have an ecosystem that can't be compared to ours in any meaningful way? What color is the sun? How many moons do they have? What does their sunset look like? What color is the sky? etc

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Well, here is most the info we currently have on other worlds.

www.obspm.fr...

Most are gas giants, so probably don't have much in the way of wilderness since they have no solid ground.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
hmm...it is curious though, if aliens had some sort of habitat somewhere, I wonder what it would be like. Who knows what they'd be doing though.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I think the very best thing you can do here to research this is.... use yoru imagination. I dont mean to sound patronising with you here, I just think that anything at all is possible, so let your mind do a bit of pondering and see what you can design.

Dont forget, anything you read about teh habitat and worlds of alien races is almost definately made up.

Maybe some of the more artistic people on here could put their ideas down on paper, Simon may want to host them here if he appreciates them. I suppose they dont neccasserily (what disgusting spelling!) have to be drawn artwork, written pieces would get great, also.

ANyone fancy showing us what weird and wonderful things you have floating around your skull?

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
You cannot be sure, unless you yourself are abducted.

Or you can decide to actually trust people when they tell you that they have been abducted (which I never do for some reason, but that's just me)

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMachine
(which I never do for some reason, but that's just me)

I really dont think it is "just you" mate. I think anyone in their right mind is entirely sceptical about such revelations.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Well due to the science of fractals, I would think most planets would have plants similar to ours in appearance and most alien lifeforms would have some form of vascular and nervous system. Gravity would determine how they would be structured, yet variety would occur. We are one of the few bipedal creatures on our planet (unless you want to count birds), so other planets may as an exception have bipedal creatures also. And since most stars are binary stars, we may see creatures that depend on both suns for nourishment, so maybe photosynthesis is a cheap source of energy on a planet that doesn't have much of a "night".

I think predators would be a common sight as well since another creature is usually an important high-energy source. And as a subsciber to Howard Bloom's Lucifer Principle, I think conflict and territorial battles would be common...so I doubt any planet is a serene picture of peace unless the more complex life forms have not evolved yet or a complex group of life forms dominate the planet and loose their antagonistic ways (a path us humans need to start taking or we will be extinct).

I think Europa (and maybe Mars) is the answer as to what we should expect to see as a pattern of life's variety/similarity on other planets.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I think it would also be important to look at the "Aliens" themselves.
If you take the classic grey, for instance.

The huge eyes, perhaps a darker world or enviornment? Thin bodies, perhaps a sign of weak gravity?

I'm sure you could make all sorts of inferences about an Alien world from the appearance the alien from that world, certainly beyond what I just said.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   

The huge eyes, perhaps a darker world or enviornment? Thin bodies, perhaps a sign of weak gravity?

I'm sure you could make all sorts of inferences about an Alien world from the appearance the alien from that world, certainly beyond what I just said.

I'd hate to see the world of the Alien's that I think I have come across, I say think as when I attempt to recall any specific memories I start to come over very nervous and start to shake.

The only one that remains very clear is�� well that�s for another time.

I say think I've come across either that or I have a very active imageation

[Edited on 8-1-2004 by dragoonrider1999]

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   
men from mars,women from venus.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Pekulike from the computer room in INfant school/Kindergarten

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I actually seemed to remember something that I read that stated men are from mars and women are from venus they met up then went to Earth for a honeymoon then 'forgot' to go back

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
do aliens belong to the future of Earth,whereby they open a space/time fracture into our own dimension,exploring the wonders and life of this planets past or have they allways been present and amongst us in a way that is inconcievable to comprehend or understand with our limited senses and technological advancements.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
well this is jus a stupid fantasy but imagine you're ubducted from your room or whatver and you live an entire lifetimein another planet, than all goes well blah blahb you make your return and its only been 3 second our time that you've been gone.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by levis 501
well this is jus a stupid fantasy but imagine you're ubducted from your room or whatver and you live an entire lifetimein another planet, than all goes well blah blahb you make your return and its only been 3 second our time that you've been gone.

Wasn't that a plot from ST:TNG??

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I actually know quite a few people who claim to have either been abducted, or are "starseeds" who came here from other worlds. Some of the stories they have are rather interesting. I have a friend in WA who claims to be in contact with Plaediens(Sp) He runs a retreat where they have a lot of UFO activity. Is actually really interesting and wierd, which is good, I like wierd. Whether or not I believe him, I believe he believes him. And he has some really odd photos, and tours around the country giving lectures. Says that the aliens are contacting people on a spiritual basis...etc etc...He worte a few books too....wild stuff for sure.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by pekulike
do aliens belong to the future of Earth

That is highly unlikely.
If aliens have anything to do with us, i say they placed us here as an experiment.
the chances of us being here are almost nil, and intervention by another species would explain a lot of things, you notice how the human race always seem to discover things in the nick of time?
They placed us here, and placed the moon there too, i have no idea why, but the chances of the moon being placed so that it behaves the way it does are also close to nil. they thought we were going fine, so they left us alone for a while. then they predicted the ice age, and showed us fire just in time. this is the only reason we are here now.
they definately intervened with the egyptians, which is why they were such an amazing civilisation and they managed to uncover so many new methods of science and mathematics.
the most recent interest they have shown in us is when we started splitting atoms. ever notice how alien sightings are all post-hiroshima?
anyway, thats what i think. they arent our future, they dont depend on us. maybe we are a colony of deriviants of their species.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
We are probably all of their experiments gone bad, so they dumped us on this small planet called earth, thousands and thousands of light years away from anyone for us to harm. But, we are destroying ourselves and getting into space, so, they are getting worried about our advancement now... ha ha Wouldn`t that be a sad revelation.

But, another alien society could be anything.... heck look at dolphins... quite intelligent.. if they only had vocal cords as developed as ours, we may learn alot from them.

[Edited on 15-5-2004 by JCMinJapan]

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
well, i think the main problem people have with visualising alien beings is they look too much at earth,
for all we know they could be nothing but a cloud of energy that try to make themselves look like us, resulting in greys.
they could be single cell organisms, who knows.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
It feels like all of you assuming that there exist only one (1) �Alien� specie?
In the near future we discover that all are the same everyone are equal (the soles) its joust our vehicle (body) that difference. And we start producing other bodies, creating more efficient bodies to different works for example. If something like that�s true I think we could look for a bright future.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join