It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dazzling Dark

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Hello,

Recently I have been going through some pretty difficult times with various situations and events (Who doesn't) and i'm trying to find ways of dealing with my mind and thoughts taking over who I actually am. I mean bad recurring unproductive thoughts.

I'm quite sure that a lot of you will have heard of Echart Tolle and his book "The Power of Now". It's basically a way of just Being as opposed to being a prisoner of your own thoughts and i'm finding it really helpful.

I was on the Eckhart Tolle forum this morning and someone posted a link from a man who experienced a near death experience, not your conventional tunnel of light but something quite different and the result of his experience changed him forever. I think this is linked to The Power Of Now and If you want to read or research more the link to this mans experience is here:

www.geocities.com...

I posted this because it raises lots of questions and discussion. I personally think that it's all linked together and we are learning to live more spiritually in this chaos.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
fantastic read !!. , It hits home for me as I also recently had what could be described as a period of god consciousness or enlightenment and his words are so familiar its like ive written them myself...

i wrote a small passage whilst having the experience which i hope you will find interesting

Find yourself and be the source of your own happiness.
everything you really need is inside and not from the world as you perceive around you!
god is a feeling, nothing else, the purist feeling of all, all other feeling were created as so you could see god (or god feeling) for what it is from a perspective level other then yourself.

God is the feeling of not labeling anything and simply being, going with the flow or current of existence so to speak
Our desire and need to label things is for us to feel separate to them, hence giving substance to our own individuality, for once you lose labeling you lose ego and the feeling of when you’ve lost your ego is what god truly is
Like being bathed in hot wool for eternity
The key is you can come here any time you like once you know how to find it, It is here always waiting for you to find home

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Great passage MouldyCrumpet

This reminds me of the God gene in our Body

Times Story on the God gene

It may well be that we have to look inside ourselves to find spiritual wellbeing.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Mouldycrumpet that passage was brilliant and really close to the way i'm starting to think. It takes a lot of practice to seperate your thoughts from your being, initially you can do it for perhaps a few seconds until some thought comes in and disrupts it.

Eventually the time stretches longer with practice and you start to get a sense of being.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
thanks guys , that was a short version of my passage , i can add more if you wish

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus

It may well be that we have to look inside ourselves to find spiritual wellbeing.

i think that Idea has been labled as Paganism
or at least heritical or even blasphemous by the RCC
and is the realm of an Infidel mind, so say the clerics & Imams

so having that sort of spiritual view is; going against the current

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Well thats the RCCs problem not mine as i am not RC anymore, i have found myself growing increasingly wary of any churches views as to whats wrong/right.

Having started to checkout the bible ive noticed so many irregularities and puzzles, apart from that ive had several lengthy discussions with born again christians and different aspects of the bible such as the flood and the earth being only 6000 years old.

Its sure amazing what lengths people will go to to try and press their view of the world on you

top topics

join