It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Bird Flu outbreak UK (Again)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Tests are being done on a number of birds in Wales for Bird flu,

Very little information at this time, But there will be a press conferance later this afternoon to confirm,

Though im sure it will be days till we know due to the tests and how long it takes to find what strain it is,

news.sky.com...

Just in its not the deadly strain,

news.sky.com...

[edit on 24-5-2007 by asala]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It seems at the moment that the flu involved is a week strain so not too much to worry about...

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I have some questions I hoped could be answered about H5N1 bird flu. I know the strain originated in Asia. How does it make its way across all of Asia into Europe? Supossedly the flu is carried by migratory flocks. Migrating bird travel north to south and vice versa depending on the season. They also travel to the same winter and summer areas without taking a vacation to some distant island.

Then how do they spread the Bird flu to UK from Asia?
Through possibility of exotic tropical birds being imported to UK?
I wonder how the chicks from the USA developed the less concerned strain when arriving in the UK?
I hope the health organizations keep a good watch on this H5N1. It can kill more humans than all that have died in all the wars. It was devistating during the last outbreak and now the world population is much greater than back then.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
things are starting to heat up:

www.allheadlinenews.com...

additionally two hospitals are now giving tami-flu to those who may have been infected. 200+ now being watched. 1400 birds at the auction.

I would post more but I'm running out to time.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
yes, migratory routes, trade routes, illegal trade routes...you name it. It's everywhere...not just fowls, but mammals as well are dying from h5n1. For one example of how bird flu got to the UK, do a google search on "Bernard Matthews".
Most of the birds that die are wild water fowl.

Low-Path Bird Flu (LPAI) can become HPAI. My understanding is that wild fowl do not die from LPAI, however, domestic poultry can.

Originally posted by Josekinuc
I have some questions I hoped could be answered about H5N1 bird flu. I know the strain originated in Asia. How does it make its way across all of Asia into Europe? Supossedly the flu is carried by migratory flocks. Migrating bird travel north to south and vice versa depending on the season. They also travel to the same winter and summer areas without taking a vacation to some distant island.

Then how do they spread the Bird flu to UK from Asia?
Through possibility of exotic tropical birds being imported to UK?
I wonder how the chicks from the USA developed the less concerned strain when arriving in the UK?
I hope the health organizations keep a good watch on this H5N1. It can kill more humans than all that have died in all the wars. It was devistating during the last outbreak and now the world population is much greater than back then.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I highly recommend getting a cat.Ignore the reports as most cats will not eat a dead bird(they prefer live birds as they play and torment them before eating them).
They are an early warning system .I read this elsewhere and i do truly believe that it is accurate.If you google cats and bird flu you will find many articles stating that what i say is untrue but you cant always believe what you read.

top topics

join