It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The way I Look at Life

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I have come to a self realization that has made me whole. I will share these "New Revelations" with you now. For this, is the road to inner peace and outer peace as a stone making ripples in water. This is in no way, shape, or form a religion idea or group idea. The way I feel came to me through various routes in life. See what YOU think and I'll come back later.

1. God has never stopped communication directly with human beings. God has been communicating with and through human beings from the beginning of time. God does so today.

2. Every human being is as special as every other human being who has ever lived, lives now, or ever will live. You are all messengers. Every one of you. You are carrying a message to life about life every day. Every hour. Every moment.

3. No path to God is more direct than any other path. No religion is the "one true religion," no people are "the chosen people," and no prophet is the "greatest prophet."

4. God needs nothing. God requires nothing in order to be happy. God is happiness itself. Therefore, God requires nothing of anyone or anything in the universe.

5. God is not a singular Super Being, living somewhere in the Universe or outside of it, having the same emotional needs and subject to the same emotional turmoil as humans. That Which Is God cannot be hurt or damaged in any way, and so, has no need to seek revenge or impose punishment.

6. All things are One Thing. There is only One Thing, and all things are part of the One Thing That Is.

7. There is no such thing as Right and Wrong. There is only What Works and What Does Not Work, depending upon what it is that you seek to be, do, or have.

8. You are not your body. Who you are is limitless and without end.

9. You cannot die, and you will never be condemned to eternal damnation.

Well don't think too hard on it. If we Did live with these beliefs, there would be no more seperation of any kind. I now don't look at the Bible or any particular ONE source for all the answers. For the answers are in YOU. If you would like some understanding please reply. There is also one very good first step into understanding life through one library of books from conversations with God. You don't even have to believe in God to gain this understanding, that's what is great.

I tell you, I see things now with a different perspective... And I love it. You don't have to have fear or guilt ever again. Ever wonder why the world seems to be turned around in a 180 degrees way of thinking? People saying one thing and doing another. It's not their fault, though we have been taught incorrectly since childhood on norms and beliefs. And yes, beliefs have killed other people in history as we all will be witnessing today very soon. It's not as if anything you can't rely on, but like if you add one piece of lie to truth, the WHOLE thing is a lie. So I have found truth from within to show me what's truth on the outside.

I have been seeking the Truth for awhile now and then one day I did hear it knocking. God would not give us Free Will and then turn around and tell us how to live. We never had a original curse, it was more like a original blessing. There have been many teachers of Life in every crack, every crevice of this world. We are all one and science has now starting to prove this idea. Take a moonrock, a tree on the earth, and us. And physically, all stuff in life is made up of the same stuff. Look at a rock and you see just that, a rock. Look closer as in a microscope and you see what all of life is made up of. Particles, neutrons, quarks, etc. all moving. Life is moving. Life is really about love. We are not inherently evil, but just the opposite and some people find this out, when under opportunities when someone needs their life saved and the guy/girl walking down the street never had any idea they would be diving into cold water instinctively, to save a stranger as an example.

Has anybody read "Tales from the Time Loop" david icke? It's pretty interesting! Conversation with God "series" has also fascinated me. There's like 15 of them, but I suggest you start with Book 1.
Here's an excerpt I typed from c.w.God book 3 an uncommon dialogue: (only because it's so awesome, but it is long... bear with me.)
pg. 232 (paperback)

Okay. Here goes.
Everything you do, you do for yourself. This is true because you and all others are One. What you do for another, you therefore do for you. What you fail to do for another, you fail to do for you. This is the most basic truth. Yet it is the truth you most frequently ignore.

Now when you are in a relationship with another, that relationship has only one experience a conceptualization you already know to be true), you will find yourself behaving in a very specific way- a way which allows you to experience and demonstrate your Oneness. And purpose. It exists as a vehicle for you to decide and to declare, to create and to express, to experience and to fulfill your hightest notion of Who You Really Are.

Now if Who You Really Are is a person who is kind and considerate, caring and sharing, compassionate and loving- then, when you are being these things with others, you are giving your Self the grandest experience for which you came into the body.

This is why you took a body. Because only in the physical realm of the relative could you know yourself as these things. In the realm of the absolute from which you have come, this experience of knowing is impossible.
All these things I've explained to you in far greater detail in Book1.

Now if Who You Really Are is a being who does not love the Self, and who allows the Self to be abused, damaged and destroyed by others, then you will continue behaviors which allow you to experience that.
Yet if you really are a person who is kind and considerate, caring and sharing, compassionate and loving, you will include your Self among the people with whom you are being these things.

Indeed, you will start with yourself. You will put yourself first in these matters. Everything in life depends on what you are seeking to be. If, for
instance, you are seeking to be One with all others (that is, if you are seeking to experience a conceptualization you already know to be true), you will find yourself behaving in a very specific way- a way which allows you to experience and demonstrate your Oneness. And when you do certain things as a result of this, you will not experience that you are doing something for someone else, but rather, that you are doing it for your Self.

The same will be true no matter what you are seeking to be. If you are seeking to be love, you will do loving things with others. Not for others, but with others.

Notice the difference. Catch the nuance. You will be doing loving things with others, for your Self- so that you can actualize and experience you grandest idea about your Self and Who You Really Are.
In this sense, it is impossible to do anything for another, for every act of your own volition is literally just that: an "act." You are acting. That is, creating and playing a role. Except, you are not pretending. You are actually being it.

You are a human being. And what you are being is decided and chosen by you.

Your Shakespeare said it: All the world's a stage, and the people, the players.
He also said, "To be or not to be, that is the question."
And he also said: "To thine own Self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."

When you are true to you Self, when you do not betray your Self, then when it "looks like" you are "giving,"you will know you are actually "recieving." You are literally giving yourself back to your Self. You cannot truly "give" to another, for the simple reason that there is no "other." If We are all One, there is only You.

[Edited on 1-5-04 by pacman]

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
It doesn't matter so much what you become so much as that you focus on becomming as opposed to trying to change others. This is what causes conflict. This is what causes hopelessness.

I've chosen anarchy as my life-style. I've chosen to be that. Not to take up the cause of anarchy and focus on overthrowing authority. That's only an attempt to change others. But if I focus on being an anarchist, being an independent thinker and doer then I am being something truly usefull to my fellow man.

I am developing my own spirituality, my own life skills, my own trade, my own answers, my own philosophy about human relationships. I am becomming a complete and self-sufficient human being in all ways. That is my contribution to the world.

I've read three of the CWG books cover to cover. (Friendship with God, Communion with God and Conversations with God Book 2).

You might want to take a look at The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. He has learned to live completely and totally in the present. To accept each present moment as it is without judgement or resistance. This is what I am learning how to do, slowly but surely.

I have an inkling of what it's like to be able to do that totally and completely. When you relinquish the strangle-hold that your left brain, analyticle mind has on life and subordinate it to your creative right brain, you open up a goldmine of opportunities for expressing who you are.

That's because your logical mind is goal-oriented. You don't want to set the goal of expressing who you are. That sucks. Goals suck. They suck the enjoyment out of what you are doing and expressing right now. If I had the goal of finishing this post, it would kill my enthusiasm to make it in the first place. But as it is, I am expressing myself. My fingers are flying across the keyboard and I am energised, enthusiasticly expressing what I believe.

To a person who isn't quite used to doing this, it's a bit like learning to pet your head and rub your tummy at the same time. It's a type of mental dexterity that has to be learned through use. Children have it automatically but it gets trained out of us at school and at work. Just ask a child to draw something and they won't even think twice. Ask an adult to do the same thing and they don't have the first clue what to do.

It's a phase you have to move through when you start retraining yourself to live in the present. You are wrestling for control with your goal-oriented mind and learning to replace it with your process-oriented, creative mind.

When you do this, every moment is vibrant and alive. Blood courses through your veins and color comes back in your face. You sit back and meditate, letting the pictures flow through your mind effortlessly, stimulating new and creative ideas where once you used to sit and stew and try to come up with an idea untill you gave up in frustration.

It's what causes writers block. It's what causes people to have difficulty with relationships. It's what causes people to have social problems.

When you are in one of those situations you have to imagine not what you want to accomplish but what you want to be. If, while suffering from writers block you want to recapture that creativity you had before you starting focusing on word-count, deadlines, marketing, writing an article in order to pay the bills and all the other details that drag you down and suck the marrow out of your bones with each sentence you write, then you have to imagine how you want to feel about writing as opposed to how you currently feel.

Do you want to feel burdened with all these responsibilities that are literally exhausting you? That make you start to yawn even though you may have been wide awake before? Do you want to feel the way I've described earlier? Energised. Ideas flying through your head faster than you can keep up. Crazy possibilities. Shades of different emotions that you want to express between the lines of what you are writing. Then focus on that. Focus on being that. The means will become self-evident. Just remember what it is you want to be and concentrate on that. Forget about all those little details. All those little goals. Be the custodian of your mind. Sweep out all those little goal thoughts as soon as they come in and continue being that person with the creative and dynamic imagination. Continue focusing on how that feels.

Do it every single minute. Literally do it every single minute.

You don't need a self-help book. You don't need a twelve step program for ressurecting your creativity. That would just make it into a further mental abstration, lifeless and dry. Lethargic. Intellectual.

This doesn't just apply to writers block, of course. It applies to life. You metamorphasize from the inside out by inwardly focusing on what you want to be. You burst with energy. You meet certain people and build up a network, a self forming group of people with similar interests and goals to your own. And by the law of synergy where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, you can accomplish unbelievable things.

You might get side-tracked by success and start focusing on goals again. Then what used to be your passion will become a chore and a burden again. Some people stay at this phase for the rest of their lives. They shribble and become a shadow of the success they once were. Others learn to snap out of it and get back in the game.

I am currently studying A Course in Miracles. I am focusing on the process, on being a miracle worker. I am not making it a goal for some time in the future. The course itself, after you finish studying it's theoretecal foundation, is designed to take a year to complete. But I am focusing on it every day as if it were today that I was learning it.

I am constantly trying to percieve the world from the right-brain perspective. I am constantly reminding myself to live in the present. To ask myself what my creative mind is telling me. To consider no moment to be an ordinary moment. To rush through nothing and to savour something about every experience. Especially the ones that are unbearable because those are the ones that have something to teach.

That's what is meant by "What you accept, you can use." But "what you resist, persists" because you don't use it so it just continues being a problem each time you encounter it.

Anyway, that's pretty much everything I have to say for now, except for this link to a post I made in another forum that some of you might find helpful.

www.trans4mind.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacman
I have come to a self realization that has made me whole. I will share these "New Revelations" with you now. For this, is the road to inner peace and outer peace as a stone making ripples in water. This is in no way, shape, or form a religion idea or group idea. The way I feel came to me through various routes in life. See what YOU think and I'll come back later....

VERY WELL SAID PACMAN!!! Liberating feeling isn't it?!?!

If you truely do understand what you wrote, (as I assume you do, unless you copied it from elsewhere) then I would say you are "seeing the way" to a much happier life from here on. Make sure you don't lose it or allow it to fade away either. I know the feeling you are speaking of and I personally think you did a great job putting it down into words also. It's not always easy to verbalize what you're talking about when it deals with subjects like this.

I'm honestly very happy and impressed by what you've just written. It's like the feeling One gets when seeing their Home or Loved Ones after a very long & difficult journey.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Someone actually trying to see the big picture on this site! Someone actually trying to think without bias, prejudice, or beliefs! Someone who wants to wake up and is well on their way to understanding the pure, objective, truth. Don't stop now! I am impressed!

*standing ovation to the creator of the post*

I'll briefly comment on a few things, but you wrap it up really nicely as it is.

You wisely observed our programming since childhood, and it'd be nice if this was simply the result of our society, but sadly the evidence leads to the contrary. The evidence leans more towards the fact that this is done on purpose, it is integrated into our society intentionally in order to confuse and lead astray. Most people on this planet are really out of whack with reality. That includes all religions, spirituality, and other paths. They have truth in them, but are usually mixed in with atrocious lies and it is sometimes almost impossible to tell which is which. All there is, is lessons. We learn from everything, without exception, whether consciously or not.

There is information about absolutely everything that exists inside our deep subconscious since before our births. It isn't easy to extract it, but it is possible and often seemlessly executed. Some things just sorta "come to you" sometimes without you knowing exactly where/when you found that out. How about de ja vu anyone? Intuition? Thinking about someone 2 seconds before they call you? Those psychic people who help cops crack cases may sometimes be able to tap into that part of their brain better than others, but all are equally capable if they knew how. All can potentially ride a bike, but not everyone knows how (all with 2 legs anyway, but also all with a brain can tap into infinite knowledge).

You are right about God not being a separate entity, God is simply all that there is combined into One (which everything is anyway). Humans have an illusion of separation, but very soon it'll start breaking apart and truth will shine through the cracks. If you saw Matrix Revolutions, ***SPOILER in next 2 lines*** in the end someone cracks into pieces, so that's kind of what I think of our entire reality (or illusion thereof) and what is about to happen to that illusion - that is indeed the truth, but I'm not asking for anyone to believe a word I ever say... find out for yourselves

Creation is another illusion because TIME is an illusion. Because we think time exists, we need a reference point from which to start - something HAD to be created, right? Well, no. We're eternal, in the infinite now. There is no past/present/future. It's an illusion! I logically proved it, so if you want me to do that I'll do it in a reply. It's short, and simple, and obvious if you really think about it instead of having a mind-set of denial. Bias/prejudice/preconceptions/BELIEF really interfere with clear thinking... oftentimes blocking it entirely.

This has nothing to do with the "awakening" or "ascention" as spoken of in Spirituality. Well, it does, but spirituality, like all belief systems, is based on many lies and deceptions. One being that God is light and only the positive aspect of reality is worth your attention. But spirituality fails to note that by concentrating only on the positive, we fully ignore one half of God/All that is/universe. Evil/Good are only judgements based on preconceptions of what you already think you know, and maybe it is best not to judge but learn from each situation?

The "ORIGINAL SIN" idea is just to instill guilt in order to trick someone into doing what you tell them (following your religion). Hell is a scare tactic to get even more followers. Heaven is just a temptation/reward to get EVEN MORE followers. All 3 of those combined are VERY effective at getting blind, gullible, and lost people to believe and follow the dogma. Do they really think that the truth would be so up-in-your-face in this world? There is no free lunch in the universe. If you think there is, you are lunch. (that statement from someone wise).

If you are told OVER and OVER and OVER that you are inherintly evil and are a sinner by birth, it'll go to your head eventually, and you'll act your part as the "evil sinner" that you are. The subconscious is indeed a very powerful thing.

Belief is unnecesary in search for truth and knowledge. Belief REPLACES knowledge, and therefore is the LACK of knowledge. The more you believe, the less you know. It's one of those really powerful illusions spread throughout humanity in their false religions - BELIEF. It trips humans up in search for truth VERY effectively. If you are able to overcome the fear that God will strike you down or turn away from you, then TOSS belief out the window and search for objective truth. If you are still afraid, then you're not ready for the truth also. The truth is far more gorey, bloody, hyperdimentional, and not "packaged in love and light" as some people think it is. It's OBJECTIVE, not what you'd LIKE it to be, hence "truth". Well that's it for now

[Edited on 5-1-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
the conspiracies we talk about here are interesting. but they also illustrate a point. the sheer number of them, the government, the religious, the corporate, the ET conspiracies, all the wheels within wheels, its all interesting to a point. but when faced with the question "what can we do about it" this is it. We can't fight it. Even the fighting and the revolutionary wars are really the products of manipulation by some central elite. Even fighting the system strengthens the system.

Leave the system be. Leave it to all its machinations and tiresome schemes untill it rots and collapses and grows over with moss and becomes an archeological relic. You don't need to crush it in order to be spiritually fullfilled. Live your life as one who knows and the systems demise will look after itself.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by anarchy
the conspiracies we talk about here are interesting. but they also illustrate a point. the sheer number of them, the government, the religious, the corporate, the ET conspiracies, all the wheels within wheels, its all interesting to a point. but when faced with the question "what can we do about it" this is it. We can't fight it. Even the fighting and the revolutionary wars are really the products of manipulation by some central elite. Even fighting the system strengthens the system.

Leave the system be. Leave it to all its machinations and tiresome schemes untill it rots and collapses and grows over with moss and becomes an archeological relic. You don't need to crush it in order to be spiritually fullfilled. Live your life as one who knows and the systems demise will look after itself.

Good point. In fact if you think about it, if "The System" was simply ignored and left to run itself, it would not only stop working, but cease to even exist anymore since "The System" isn't even a Real Thing. "The System" itself is not unlike Religions, Philosophies or any other Consepts which exsist solely by the combined effort of People Creating and Enforcing "It". "It" is nothing more than an idea, thought, or illusion which is "Believed In", but has NO independent existence.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Exactly. Why fight or change anything? What's wrong with the way things are! Why would someone think they know better how this world should operate? Why not just accept things and learn from them. When you change something, isn't that usually ignorant/serving self? Eliminating wars would terminate the lessons humans need from wars, and those lessons are great! Eliminating any negative thing would deprive people of lessons these things offer them. I, for one, incarnated on this planet for a full BALANCE of all lessons it offers, not to change the planet. I want to learn every kind of positive and negative thing there is, and find truth. This world, for me at least, is only a step in a really big ladder. I don't plan to settle down and make a permanent residence on this step. Others can do so if they choose, but I'm moving on as soon as I'm done. This is just a learning stage, nothing more to me. I'd prefer serving others, because serving myself is an illusion. All those things that this world offers, are illusions. I'm looking for the truth, and it is looking for me. The more truth I find, the less I like the illusion of this reality, and the less I "fit" with the rest of humanity. I no longer want a family, a house, a white picket fence, a good car, and all those other propagated ideals. Nah, just the truth please!

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Oh and of course, we all know, the truth doesn't need a lawyer. It doesn't require representatives. It is self-sufficient, it just IS. Lies, and deceptions, only exist because of people who repeat/spread them. They cease to exist when no longer brought up. That's why religions are so popular and have so many books and preachers. When you take that away, the lie ceases to exist. Truth needs no preachers or books, it always was, is, and will be, no matter what anyone pretends or wants it to be. That's exactly what I'm looking for, the objective kind

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
So would you say, that since there is no right, or wrong, that if indeed all are One, that if you hurt someone else, you are eventually hurting yourself?

-P

I have come to a self realization that has made me whole. I will share these "New Revelations" with you now. For this, is the road to inner peace and outer peace as a stone making ripples in water. This is in no way, shape, or form a religion idea or group idea. The way I feel came to me through various routes in life. See what YOU think and I'll come back later.

1. God has never stopped communication directly with human beings. God has been communicating with and through human beings from the beginning of time. God does so today.

2. Every human being is as special as every other human being who has ever lived, lives now, or ever will live. You are all messengers. Every one of you. You are carrying a message to life about life every day. Every hour. Every moment.

3. No path to God is more direct than any other path. No religion is the "one true religion," no people are "the chosen people," and no prophet is the "greatest prophet."

4. God needs nothing. God requires nothing in order to be happy. God is happiness itself. Therefore, God requires nothing of anyone or anything in the universe.

5. God is not a singular Super Being, living somewhere in the Universe or outside of it, having the same emotional needs and subject to the same emotional turmoil as humans. That Which Is God cannot be hurt or damaged in any way, and so, has no need to seek revenge or impose punishment.

6. All things are One Thing. There is only One Thing, and all things are part of the One Thing That Is.

7. There is no such thing as Right and Wrong. There is only What Works and What Does Not Work, depending upon what it is that you seek to be, do, or have.

8. You are not your body. Who you are is limitless and without end.

9. You cannot die, and you will never be condemned to eternal damnation.

Well don't think too hard on it. If we Did live with these beliefs, there would be no more seperation of any kind. I now don't look at the Bible or any particular ONE source for all the answers. For the answers are in YOU. If you would like some understanding please reply. There is also one very good first step into understanding life through one library of books from conversations with God. You don't even have to believe in God to gain this understanding, that's what is great.

I tell you, I see things now with a different perspective... And I love it. You don't have to have fear or guilt ever again. Ever wonder why the world seems to be turned around in a 180 degrees way of thinking? People saying one thing and doing another. It's not their fault, though we have been taught incorrectly since childhood on norms and beliefs. And yes, beliefs have killed other people in history as we all will be witnessing today very soon. It's not as if anything you can't rely on, but like if you add one piece of lie to truth, the WHOLE thing is a lie. So I have found truth from within to show me what's truth on the outside.

I have been seeking the Truth for awhile now and then one day I did hear it knocking. God would not give us Free Will and then turn around and tell us how to live. We never had a original curse, it was more like a original blessing. There have been many teachers of Life in every crack, every crevice of this world. We are all one and science has now starting to prove this idea. Take a moonrock, a tree on the earth, and us. And physically, all stuff in life is made up of the same stuff. Look at a rock and you see just that, a rock. Look closer as in a microscope and you see what all of life is made up of. Particles, neutrons, quarks, etc. all moving. Life is moving. Life is really about love. We are not inherently evil, but just the opposite and some people find this out, when under opportunities when someone needs their life saved and the guy/girl walking down the street never had any idea they would be diving into cold water instinctively, to save a stranger as an example.

Has anybody read "Tales from the Time Loop" david icke? It's pretty interesting! Conversation with God "series" has also fascinated me. There's like 15 of them, but I suggest you start with Book 1.
Here's an excerpt I typed from c.w.God book 3 an uncommon dialogue: (only because it's so awesome, but it is long... bear with me.)
pg. 232 (paperback)

Okay. Here goes.
Everything you do, you do for yourself. This is true because you and all others are One. What you do for another, you therefore do for you. What you fail to do for another, you fail to do for you. This is the most basic truth. Yet it is the truth you most frequently ignore.

Now when you are in a relationship with another, that relationship has only one experience a conceptualization you already know to be true), you will find yourself behaving in a very specific way- a way which allows you to experience and demonstrate your Oneness. And purpose. It exists as a vehicle for you to decide and to declare, to create and to express, to experience and to fulfill your hightest notion of Who You Really Are.

Now if Who You Really Are is a person who is kind and considerate, caring and sharing, compassionate and loving- then, when you are being these things with others, you are giving your Self the grandest experience for which you came into the body.

This is why you took a body. Because only in the physical realm of the relative could you know yourself as these things. In the realm of the absolute from which you have come, this experience of knowing is impossible.
All these things I've explained to you in far greater detail in Book1.

Now if Who You Really Are is a being who does not love the Self, and who allows the Self to be abused, damaged and destroyed by others, then you will continue behaviors which allow you to experience that.
Yet if you really are a person who is kind and considerate, caring and sharing, compassionate and loving, you will include your Self among the people with whom you are being these things.

Indeed, you will start with yourself. You will put yourself first in these matters. Everything in life depends on what you are seeking to be. If, for
instance, you are seeking to be One with all others (that is, if you are seeking to experience a conceptualization you already know to be true), you will find yourself behaving in a very specific way- a way which allows you to experience and demonstrate your Oneness. And when you do certain things as a result of this, you will not experience that you are doing something for someone else, but rather, that you are doing it for your Self.

The same will be true no matter what you are seeking to be. If you are seeking to be love, you will do loving things with others. Not for others, but with others.

Notice the difference. Catch the nuance. You will be doing loving things with others, for your Self- so that you can actualize and experience you grandest idea about your Self and Who You Really Are.
In this sense, it is impossible to do anything for another, for every act of your own volition is literally just that: an "act." You are acting. That is, creating and playing a role. Except, you are not pretending. You are actually being it.

You are a human being. And what you are being is decided and chosen by you.

Your Shakespeare said it: All the world's a stage, and the people, the players.
He also said, "To be or not to be, that is the question."
And he also said: "To thine own Self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."

When you are true to you Self, when you do not betray your Self, then when it "looks like" you are "giving,"you will know you are actually "recieving." You are literally giving yourself back to your Self. You cannot truly "give" to another, for the simple reason that there is no "other." If We are all One, there is only You.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Yes, and you can also dnld this cut and paste philosophy in doc form here....

www.cwgdallas.org...

It's just another religious activist cult, as far as I'm concerned.

Members of Humanity�s Team act as spiritual activists�first in their homes, then in their neighborhoods, places of work, churches, temples, mosques and houses of worship, then in their communities, and in their nations and, ultimately, in all the world.
Humanity's Team was initially conceived and inspired by Neale Donald Walsch, the author of the Conversations with God series of books. This project is sponsored by the Conversations with God Foundation.

For more information on Humanity�s Team go to: www.humanitysteam.com

Looks sort of like a scam to me.

Sponsor a workshop for your community
Total cost to bring a team of two trained facilitators to your community - $1,950 US (+ travel and accommodation costs)

www.humanitysteam.com...

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by Satyr]

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by postings
So would you say, that since there is no right, or wrong, that if indeed all are One, that if you hurt someone else, you are eventually hurting yourself?

I can't answer for anyone else, but I have an opinion about your question.

First I would like to address the "there is no right or wrong" part. It's important to fully understand what the meaning behind that statement is trying to express. IMO, the meaning is about knowing the difference between the "concept" of good/evil & the "reality" of good/evil.

When one labels something as good, one automatically creates evil. That is, all "concepts" necessarily are based on one aspect vs. another; if a concept were to have only one aspect, it would be nonsensical. The duality of good/evil being separate forces out to destroy the other is an illusion of conceptual thinking. What needs to be realized is the iterdependence of all dualities, or in other words, the "Reality" is that there is only One.

With the above idea in mind, can you apply it to "hurting" others & self?

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This is a great book for those that want to learn how to let go:

The Dice Man��
Luke Rhinehart

www.amazon.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Here's a GREAT website (I wouldn't say that if it wasn't) that teaches you to get RID of your beliefs and think for yourself. www.jovialatheist.com

The website does that part fine, but here's a website you can read afterwards, when you've become an independent thinker, that offers an objective outlook on truth and what our reality is really composed of. www.cassiopaea.org. It, obviously, never asks for your belief - it is pure research and evidence backs it up.. that you can do yourself and see for yourself. No need to take anyone's word for anything. Ever. The first website teaches you about the stupidity of belief altogether (www.jovialatheist.com)

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I have come to a self realization that has made me whole.

Very well said,pacman.I,too think like this.I am a Wiccan of lineage,and a student of higher knowledge.I have read the 'conversations with god' series,and was moved by them.Carl Sagan showed me the universe,and I found my personal connection to divinity through visions,dreams,and questing for it.I live slightly above mankind in general,for all I see there are sad faces with magazine smiles.I feel like an alien to this world,and have a longing to go home,wherever that is.I hope mto break the cycle of rebirth this time around.Good post!

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magickman

I have come to a self realization that has made me whole.

Very well said,pacman.I,too think like this.I am a Wiccan of lineage,and a student of higher knowledge.I have read the 'conversations with god' series,and was moved by them.Carl Sagan showed me the universe,and I found my personal connection to divinity through visions,dreams,and questing for it.I live slightly above mankind in general,for all I see there are sad faces with magazine smiles.I feel like an alien to this world,and have a longing to go home,wherever that is.I hope mto break the cycle of rebirth this time around.Good post!

Magickman, you seem to understand the principles of Reincarnation in Taoist and/or Buddhist terms. Whether it is from those peticular origins or elsewhere isn't really important of course, that is just my observation based on the way you chose to "word" your post and "breaking the cycle of rebirth".

Anyway....The point I'm getting at is dealing with that same idea, (ie:Reincarnation, Nirvana, Emptyness, etc.) Also the realization of the "One" that pacman's post refers to. By breaking the cycle of rebirth, the unity of "One" is fully realized (among other things). The realization of "Oneness" of course includes the awareness that there is no "you/me, other/self, this/that, etc", except in the conceptual form.

It's interesting that keeping all that in perspective, once again it leads to the understanding of Buddha Personified & Buddha that is known as the True Self when Elightenment is realized, also are One. Your cycle of rebirth when broken almost cannot even be considered "YOURS" as YOU is only a concept of comparing the illusion of YOU vs. THEM.

There is the story or message of how Buddha will continue to be reborn and help others relieve suffering until there is no more suffering. Also a similar idea as Christ being the Saviour of All (wo)mankind as well. If I have hopefully explained myself and shared my point behind this you will notice some how's and why's in understanding (like pacman pointed out) giving to others is giving to self, suffering is carried by all until it is carried by none and even more specifically to quote a line from your post "I live slightly above mankind, for all I see there are sad faces with magazine smiles", there is no I above mankind as mankind is, non-conceptually, I or One.

I see other sad faced magazine smiles, you see other sad magazine smiles, we see our sad magazine smiles, & yet there is simply One reflection One will see eternally, until One no longer needs the reflection of course.

Hopefully that makes sense. If so I'm sure it has more to do with your ability to read it, than my ability to write it. If it's complete gibberish, oh well, it's not the first or last time my post failed to share it's intended purpose. Atleast my typing skills will stay well practiced.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I guess where I get tripped up is that I don't know for certain how the "interdependence" in the dualities (as you state it) leads to a "One?" In any interdependence, there is ALWAYS 2 or more. The only way I can kinda relate to this is the whole "yin and yang" concept, but I am not sure how that plays out in our practical lives. For instance, I don't think I could adequately walk up to someone, steal their coat, and believe that according to the "no right or wrong" thing, this act would not be right or wrong, but it would just be. Maybe I am missing the point, but it just seems like an excuse for a lack of conscience.

-P

Originally posted by mOjOm

I can't answer for anyone else, but I have an opinion about your question.

First I would like to address the "there is no right or wrong" part. It's important to fully understand what the meaning behind that statement is trying to express. IMO, the meaning is about knowing the difference between the "concept" of good/evil & the "reality" of good/evil.

When one labels something as good, one automatically creates evil. That is, all "concepts" necessarily are based on one aspect vs. another; if a concept were to have only one aspect, it would be nonsensical. The duality of good/evil being separate forces out to destroy the other is an illusion of conceptual thinking. What needs to be realized is the iterdependence of all dualities, or in other words, the "Reality" is that there is only One.

With the above idea in mind, can you apply it to "hurting" others & self?

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I believe what you do for another, you do for yourself. What you do against another, you do against yourself whether you know this or not. You delay their evolution as well as yours. Everything which works and doesn't work for you, is a gift. Yes... you take the NOW as 'teaching' to gain understanding of who You Are whether it works or doesn't work. This is your GAIN.

People's ideas of "right" and "wrong" change- and have changed- over and over again from culture to culture, time period to time period, religion to religion, place to place... even from family to family and person to person. You could point out to them that what many people considered "right" at one time - burning people at the stake for what was considered witchcraft, as an example - is considered "wrong" today.

A definition of "right" and "wrong" is a definition established not only by time, but also by simple geography. Prostitution, for instance, is illegal in one place, and , just a few miles down the road, legal in another. And so, whether a person is judged as having done something "wrong" is not a matter of what that person has actually done, but of where he has done it.

I could choose to travel to a destination, let's say Detroit, and end up in Chicago. I went the "wrong" way. Does this mean I'm evil? This is the confusion when we put labels on multiple meanings.

How do you know what tall is until their is short, skinny until their is fat, and ultimately what works until you find out what doesn't work? It is a blessing to distinguish what you choose to do. One cannot know itself without the other. Once it experiences the other... it "knows" itself. The other is useful, but not needed ultimately.

Too many people accept what other people give them. It's easier, the other did the work. But if each individual concurs to what the work/doesn't work is, there would be no seperation. It's not who's right, it's who's blinded?

Somewhere we've come across the idea that to deny yourself joy is Godly- that not to celebrate life is heavenly. Denial, we have said, is goodness. I am not saying it is bad, it is neither good nor bad, it simply is denial. If we feel good after denying ourselves, then in our world is that goodness. If we feel bad, then it's badness. Most of the time, we can't decide. We deny ourselves this or that because we tell ourselves we are supposed to. Then we say that was a good thing to do- but wonder why we don't feel good.

And so the first thing to do is to stop making these judgments against ourselves. Learn what is the soul's desire, and go with that. Go with the soul. What the soul is after is- the highest feeling of love you can imagine. This is the soul's desire. This is its purpose. The soul is after the feeling. It already has the knowledge, but knowledge is conceptual. Feeling is experiential. The soul wants to feel itself, and thus to know itself in its own experience.

Thie highest feeling is the experience of unity with All That Is. This is the great return to Truth for which the soul yearns. This is the feeling of perfect love. Perfect love is to feeling what perfect white is to color. Many think that white is the absence of color. It is the inclusion of all color. White is every other color that exists, combined.

So too, is love not the absence of an emotion(hatred, anger, lust, jealousy, covetousness), but the summation of all feeling. It is the sum total. The aggregate amount. The everything. Thus, for the soul to experience perfect love, it must experience every human feeling.

How can I have compassion on that which I don't understand? How can it be up if it has never been down, left if it has never been right? How can it be warm if it knows not cold, good if it denies evil? Obviously the soul cannot choose to be anything if there is nothing to choose from. For the soul to experience its grandeur, it must know what grandeur is. This it cannot do if there is nothing but grandeur. And so the soul realizes that grandeur only exists in the space of that which is not grand. The soul, therefore, never condemns that which is not grand, but blesses- seeing in it a part of itself which must exist for another part of itself to manifest.

The job of the soul, is to cause us to choose the grandeur- to select the best of Who You Are- without condemning that which you do not select.

Forgive me that I bring this up, but...
How can you have any pudding, if you can't eat your meat?
If you can't, then you must, "Go on and do it again" like they say... or learn what you did not learn. This is why people feel they are going in circles. Learn to break that circle and join the one universal circle That Is. You get a NEW look on life and what it is expressing to you.

Does this help?

[Edited on 1-6-04 by pacman]

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I guess where I get tripped up is that I don't know for certain how the "interdependence" in the dualities (as you state it) leads to a "One?" In any interdependence, there is ALWAYS 2 or more. The only way I can kinda relate to this is the whole "yin and yang" concept, but I am not sure how that plays out in our practical lives. For instance, I don't think I could adequately walk up to someone, steal their coat, and believe that according to the "no right or wrong" thing, this act would not be right or wrong, but it would just be. Maybe I am missing the point, but it just seems like an excuse for a lack of conscience.

Actually you're doing very well so far!! The "Yin/Yang" is a step in the right direction and the fact that you brought it up on your own is a good sign. What is the Yin/Yang duality but a symbolic icon of "2 being 1".

Once again you are using the "good/bad" thing with the example of taking the coat of another. Let's use a similar example in order to clearify how "good or bad" is a "concept" you create to give meaning to a situation. The purpose is to show that the situation itself has no meaning until you create one.

Let's say it's freezing and there is one coat to keep warm between you and I. One will have to freeze but the other will get to live.
Now, regardless of who get's the coat should this situation be seen as:
1.) "Bad" because one of us is dies. or "Good" because one of us lived?

2.) Is it "Bad or Good" if one of us takes the coat without offering it to the other first?

3.) If one of us offers the coat to the other is it "Bad" to accept it or "Good" to refuse it so the other will survive?

4.) How about if one of us is Young and the other is Old? Or One of us Rich and the other Poor? Or One of us "Male" and the other "Female"?

5.) How about if we are "Enemies"?

6.) How about if one of us is owns the coat?

Try not to think of it in terms of there is "NO good or bad" or "NO right or wrong". That would be "NOne" instead of One. When the duality is seen as one, it is "Empty" of meaning, which is different that meaning nothing.

Does that help??

[Edited on 7-1-2004 by mOjOm]

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Yes, most definitely, that was what I gathered from your first post, but I had to be sure.

Here is how I understand it. There was a guest on the Art Bell show one time, who had experienced a NDE (Near Death Experience(I am going somewhere with this, so bear with me)). She described the afterlife as a series of different rooms. There was a room that sorta resembled hell, there was a room that she was in that, for most, would resemble Heaven, and there were some other ones. There was a room, where there was a line of people walking in a single-file line that stretched out forever. She had several observations, but the one that stuck out ot me was that in each of these rooms, the people in these rooms all had a choice of whether to be in them, but they were not aware of that choice. She got the impression that those folks never learned from their time on Earth that they didn't have to be living in a hell of their own making. So as a result when they got to heaven, their afterlife was a reflection of how they lived out their life on Earth. The idea there being that your day/life can be whatever you make it. If you want it to be torturous, you can have it that way. If you want it to be heaven on Earth, you can have it that way. It is what YOU make of it. If you think about it that is true. One person's response to that might be, "well my heaven on Earth is being rich beyond imagination," and I can't have that. To me it has to do with how you see things that are going on. When you were a very young kid, you didn't understand that it was better to be rich than to be poor. In fact, if something was taken from you, and you hadn't learned yet that this was bad, it wouldn't be a problem. Yet over time, you have learned that getting stuff taken from you is bad, and causes turmoil. In the Bible, (I forget the specific passage) it says that you cannot enter the kingdom of heaven unless you have the heart of a child. The implication there being innocence is the key. I think that the world will try to teach you to be unhappy, so that you will spend more money to make yourself happy. I don't think that people realize (I can say that because often times I don't either) that you can make your life what you want it to be, either by changing your situation, or changing the way you look at it. People get wrapped up in all their own complexities and issues, and forget that often the answer to many of their problems is the most simple one, not the most complicated. Okay, I have rambled far too much here. I will leave it at that.

-P

. . . .
If you can't, then you must, "Go on and do it again" like they say... or learn what you did not learn. This is why people feel they are going in circles. Learn to break that circle and join the one universal circle That Is. You get a NEW look on life and what it is expressing to you.

Does this help?

[Edited on 1-6-04 by pacman]

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Nice imaging mOjOm. Better to be part of that which you are.

Postings- this is what is meant by, "My Father's house has many mansions.", I would say.
Some sit next to Christ in glory: Matthew 20:23, "To sit on my right hand and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father." Christ has doubtless respect to these different degrees of glory in the text. When he was going to heaven and the disciples were sorrowful at the thoughts of parting with their Lord, he lets them know that there are seats or mansions of various degrees of honor in his Father's house, that there was not only one for him, who was the Head of the Church and the elder brother, but also for them that were his disciples and younger brethren. Christ also may probably have respect not only to different degrees of glory in heaven, but different circumstances.

There were many mansions. There was not only a mansion there for him(Jesus), but there were mansions enough for them all; there was room enough in heaven for them.

There are many mansions in God's house because heaven is intended for various degrees of honor and blessedness. Some are designed to sit in higher places there than others; some are designed to be advanced to higher degrees of honor and glory than others are; and, therefore, there are various mansions, and some more honorable mansions and seats, in heaven than others. Though they are all seats of exceeding honor and blessedness yet some are more so than others. Thus a palace is built. Though every part of the palace is magnificent as becomes the palace of a king, yet there are many apartments of various honor, and some are more stately and costly than others, according to the degree of dignity.

Also Postings, about having the heart of a child to enter heaven, here are the five natural emotions. Look at what a child is given. Here are the five natural emotions.

Grief is a natural emotion. It's that part of you which allows you to say goodbye when you don't want to say
goodbye; to express- push out, propel- the sadness within you at the experience of any kind of loss. It
could be the loss of a loved one, or the loss of a contact lens. When you are allowed to express your grief,
you get rid of it. Children who are allowed to be sad when they are sad feel very healthy about sadness
when they are adults, and therefore usually move through their sadness very quickly. Children who are
told, "There, there, don't cry," have a hard time crying as adults. After all, they've been told all their life not
to do that. So they repress their grief. Grief that is continually repressed becomes chronic depression, a
very unnatural emotion. People have killed because of chronic depression. Wars have started, nations have
fallen.

Anger is a natural emotion. It is the tool you have which allows you to say, "No, thank you." It does not
have to be abusive, and it never has to be damaging to another. When children are allowed to express their
anger, they bring a very healthy attitude about it to their adult years, and therefore usually move through
their anger very quickly. Children who are made to feel that their anger is not okay- that is wrong to express
it, and ,in fact, that they shouldn't even experience it- will have a difficult time appropriately dealing with
their anger as adults. Anger that is continually repressed becomes rage, a very unnatural emotion. People
have killed because of rage. Wars have started, nations have fallen.

Envy is a natural emotion. It is the emotion that makes a five-year-old wish he could reach the doorknob
the way his sister can- or ride that bike. Envy is the natural emotion that makes you want to do it again;
to try harder; to continue striving until you succeed. It is very healthy to be envious, very natural. When
children are allowed to express their envy, they bring a very healthy attitude about it to their adult years,
and therefore usually move through their envy very quickly. Children who are made to feel that envy is not
okay- that it is wrong to express it, and, in fact, that they shouldn't even experience it- will have a difficult
time appropriately dealing with their envy as adults. Envy that is continually repressed becomes jealousy,
a very unnatural emotion. People have killed because of jealousy. Wars have started, nations have fallen.

Fear is a natural emotion. All babies are born with only two fears: the fear of falling, and the fear of loud
noises. All other fears are learned responses, brought to the child by its environment, taught to the child
by its parents. The purpose of natural fear is to build in a bit of parents. The purpose of natural fear is to
build in a bit of caution. Caution is a tool that helps keep the body alive. It is an outgrowth of love. Love of
Self. Children who are made to feel that fear is not okay- that it is wrong to express it, and, in fact, that
they shouldn't even experience it- will have a difficult time appropriately dealing with their fear as adults.
Fear that is continually repressed becomes panic, a very unnatural emotion. People have killed because
of panic. Wars have started, nations have fallen.

Love is a natural emotion. When it is allowed to be expressed, and received, by a child, normally and
naturally, without limitation or condition, inhibition or embarassment, it does not require anything more.
For the joy of love expressed and received in this way is sufficient unto itself. Yet love which has been
conditioned, limited, warped by rules and regulations, rituals and restrictions, controlled, manipulated,
and withheld, becomes unnatural. Children who are made to feel that their natural love is not okay- that it
is wrong to express it, and, in face, that they shouldn't even experience it- will have a difficult time
appropriately dealing with love as adults. Love that is continually repressed becomes possessiveness,
a very unnatural emotion. People have killed because of possessiveness. Wars have started, nations have
fallen.

And so it is that the natural emotions, when repressed, produce unnatural reactions and responses. And
most natural emotions are repressed in most people. Yet these are your friends. These are your divine tools,
with which to craft your experience. You are given these tools at birth. They are to help you negotiate life.

The whole point in showing the light, is the light that is within each and every one of you. To bring that, which is the Truth. You don't need someone to tell you how to live Your Life. It's bringing rememberance of Who You Really Are.

[Edited on 1-8-04 by pacman]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join