It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something has to be done about Bill O'reilly

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

I've watched O'Reilly plenty of times, and I'm gonna have to say that it's horse pucky to say that he's derogatory or impolite every 6.8 seconds.
He's generally polite even to those with whom he has disagreements with, but he will call someone out if they're dodging the questions. Big difference.

really?
mediamatters.org...

plenty of evidence to dispute you there...

he's not polite unless he agrees with people and is a hypocrite

example of hypocrisy?
mediamatters.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

I've watched O'Reilly plenty of times, and I'm gonna have to say that it's horse pucky to say that he's derogatory or impolite every 6.8 seconds.
He's generally polite even to those with whom he has disagreements with, but he will call someone out if they're dodging the questions. Big difference.

really?
mediamatters.org...

plenty of evidence to dispute you there...

he's not polite unless he agrees with people and is a hypocrite

example of hypocrisy?
mediamatters.org...

Just out of curiosity, but do you have any personal experience watching his show, or other sources than mediamatters.org? I've watched his show a lot(i.e. enough to know that stat is BS). You're confusing his refusal to allow a guest to change the subject/refuse to answer the question posed to them, or to bloviate, as rudeness.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
I thought this was America, why must something be done about Bill?

I suppose you are for the reinstatement of the Fairness Doctrine too?

Sure they are. As long as it's THEIR side that is treated "fairly."

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

i've seen his shown quite often, i watched it at least 3 times a week for 6 months
and i watched it enough to know that he IS rude and that the statistic is anything but BS.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

But the stat that was given was that he said something rude every 6.8 seconds. Are you willing to stand behind that figure?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

But the stat that was given was that he said something rude every 6.8 seconds. Are you willing to stand behind that figure?

well... it depends.
if it's on average... it's not that unlikely. i remember watching the show in spite of the constant degradation to opposing opinion just in an attempt to understand those i disagree with so i could find a way to reconciliation.

i remember the study, and they did back up their claims... not hard to believe.
maybe you should look into the research material.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
There he is, shooting his mouth off again tonight about the CIA saying Iran has no nukes

Saying that most Americans are Anti-American, bla bla bla...

I'd like to have his head served on a platter.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

so most americans are anti...themselves?

someone call fox, i have a bug report to file for bill O'S 3.5

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   

so most americans are anti...themselves?

No, because most Americans, particularly those of 25 years of age and younger have no idea what they have by even being born in this country... They have no loyalty because they haven't a clue... You can't be "anti-yourself," when you don't identify with that which is being degraded...

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

That's a very good point. Once you get into your 30s, then you've had enough life experience to filter what MTV, public education, news sites(mainstream/alternative), are putting out and utilize critical thinking.
Youngsters don't have that benefit, and only regurgitate what they've been predominantly influenced by.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Nice. Those with whom you disagree should have their heads on platters eh? Of course when those that disagree with you, disagree with others and want their heads on platters, you criticize them.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

you need to learn to recognize sarcasm...
that little "
" noted that the statement was sarcastic in nature...

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
No, because most Americans, particularly those of 25 years of age and younger have no idea what they have by even being born in this country... They have no loyalty because they haven't a clue... You can't be "anti-yourself," when you don't identify with that which is being degraded...

nothing about what's good in america is being degraded.
those of 25 years of age and younger have something that those older no longer have left: idealism.
they have something else, too...
they're less indoctrinated. people under 25 never experienced the cold war fully, and thus don't have the idiotic patriotism it instilled (not calling all patriotism idiotic)

true patriots don't actually stand for a country, by the way
countries come and go, what remains is something greater than any nation...
the people.

edit to add: are you ever going to look over any of this evidence
i've presented against billo'?

[edit on 12/5/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I beg your pardon. I have lived long enough in this great country to be aprehensive because it is going to the dogs, such as it never had before.
I have fear for my country, I want to continue living in the greatest country in the world, not some 3rd world country reduced to rubble and hatred, which is exactly what OReilly pushes.

All he ever does is stirr trouble calling those on the "left" idiots and terrorists. YES, I WANT HIS HEAD ON A SILVER PLATTER. Maybe an apple inside his mouth for looks.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

And what do you call those on the right? Those on the left call those of us on the right much worse names than idiots(and make accusations of all manner of evil), so what do you expect the response to be?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
What would i want the response to be?

Mature.

Aint going to happen.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I guess we have differing views of what patriotism and love of one's country is. I certainly don't think it's idiotic to love one's country. There are things that are worth fighting, dying, and killing for, and many great men have done just that in the past to secure what we have(which the youth take for granted). I don't buy into the citizen of the world notion, where one can shirk their responsibilities as citizens of their native country.
As for arguing about O'Reilly, I think we're just gonna have to agree to disagree. I've watched him a lot, as you say you have. I don't see the frequency of rudeness/insult/etc... that you do. I suppose if you disagree with everything he says, then perhaps you feel he's rude when speaking his point of view.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Well if the left will act mature too, then perhaps that might be possible.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
While I personally would like to see O'Reilly find himself in the path of a falling satellite, I've got to say to the OP, give a little more credit to your remote control. Look at it this way, if Bill O didn't have the right to speak his mind, you wouldn't have the right to change the channel. Sure, most of us here at ATS disagree with his views, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't express them.

Every voice is a valid voice. Forgetting that is what's gotten this country into the mess it's in.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

nothing about what's good in america is being degraded.
those of 25 years of age and younger have something that those older no longer have left: idealism.

Ah, you mean naivete... I actually agree with you there, Madness.. People that are over twenty-five years old are smart enough and have enough LIFE EXPERIENCE to know that things will never be IDEAL...
The best thing to do is accept things for what they are and be pissed off about it if you want. However, to have this idealistic notion that things can somehow be perfect or that there will ever be some perfect society is beyond naivete

[edit on 6-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

edit to add: are you ever going to look over any of this evidence
i've presented against billo'?

[edit on 12/5/07 by madnessinmysoul]

Tell me something he has said wrong..

-Is CNN and MSNBC not anti-Military? Uh, judging by their programming content, I'd say they are at least anti-American military..

-Show me proof that the New York Times doesn't print stories and editorials that almost bask in any failure that America has... You can't.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join