It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something has to be done about Bill O'reilly

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Madness,why say anymore? You always have your mind made up before someone replies to your posts anyway.
You're what nineteen years old and you already "know it all."
You have much to learn my friend.

[edit on 19-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

ah, the age statement, very mature. i'm open to discussions, you're not.

i showed you a source, you don't wish to address it (you even misrepresented it in another thread) and look at it.

i brought up something about o'reilly. he challenges people and then calls them cowards when they don't show up, yet he won't accept a challenge from mediamatters even though he continually badmouths them and spreads outright lies about them

you're the one with preconceived notions here, especially when you make continual statements about my age, "smug" atheists, and the like.

now, either continue discussion or act like o'reilly and press the "shut up" button

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I'm not open to discussion? I think what you want is for someone to say, "Yeah, yeah, Madness, you're right,you're right. Damn it. We all should just think the way you do." Well, keep thinking you're ever going to get such a reply from me.

[edit on 19-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   

no, i really just want you to address at least a portion of the evidence i've presented. just take something relevant out of the mountainous stack and tackle it.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
new development, bill o just said that the only people that have been to afghanistan to visit the troops this year are himself and toby keith...

the USO says they've had 7 USO tours... including a visit from al franken

hmm
again, bill o not looking into things before he opens his mouth.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
the USO says they've had 7 USO tours... including a visit from al franken

Is Al Fraken a person?

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by acmeartifacts

There is an easy thing you can do about Bill O, turn the channle if you don't want to hear his opinnions! Thats what conservatives have been doing to the outragious and duranged liberals in the media and hollywood! Liberal newspapers are not selling. Liberal hollywood movies are all flops! The liberal network news shows have lost 50% of their viewers and still loosing them in droves. It's the American way. There is another athoritarian way, use the power of the government to preasure broadcasters to take them off the air. But we have seen that won't work in the United States. The liberals no longer have a monopoly on the disimination of information 'thank god' or the ability to ignore stories and events as they have in the past. Open debate is a sign of a healthy society.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Open debate is a sign of a healthy society.

Yes, but polarization of opinion and demonization of the opposition, as your post, and O'Reilly's show espouse, is not.

We can disagree without being disagreeable, and find middle ground that allows acceptable compromise to help us move forward together as a society.

The far right, and the far left for that matter, are unwilling or unable to do this. Common ground is nowhere to be found; it is now no-man's-land. The most likely outcome to such a scenario is civil war and the complete destruction of both extremes.

Matthew 5

3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

We are all human beings, in this life together from start to finish. Those who realize that and live by it will be God's chosen remnant when the rest finish destroying each other.

Ephesians 2

15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

Praise the LORD!

[edit on 21-11-2007 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

so much for the open discussion on the issue...
or the addressing of any points against bill o...

honestly, just discuss the issue, look at the evidence i've given you.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I think Mr. O'reilly is doing a great job. He's supplied me with many hours of entertainment (and sometimes information).

Don't deny it, you like Bill (jk?).

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I don't consider Bill to be a news reporter.

A news reporter.... REPORTS!

This man makes commentary, spends his energy hammering OPINION down the throats of the nation as though it were fact.

This man is a minister of propaganda.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dionysius9

I don't consider Bill to be a news reporter.

A news reporter.... REPORTS!

Anyone who has bothered to watch his show more than 1-2 times knows that he doesn't claim to be a news reporter. The O'Reilly factor is not a news program nor does he make any claim of it being so. It is a news Analysis program...

[edit on 26-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This hate towards Bill O Reilly cracks me up. If you want to do something about it just don't listen or watch. It's that easy. But I need to go for now, Bill's show just started on the radio.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   

That's not true. I've heard O'Reilly claim to be a reporter before, right on his show when he was interviewing one of the female Fox anchors. The whole "Spin Stops Here" crap is an attempt to portray his show as hard news. Lots of people buy into it, too.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Anyone who has bothered to watch his show more than 1-2 times knows that he doesn't claim to be a news reporter. The O'Reilly factor is not a news program nor does he make any claim of it being so. It is a news Analysis program...

it's not even an analysis program, it's a propaganda program in which you see someone spout off lunacy and outright lies.

again, i've shown you that the man has repeatedly lied

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Yeah, okay, hmmm hmmm.. Think as you wish... I have never heard him claim to be anything but a news ANALYST.... The "propaganda" he dispenses is no where near what I catch on CNN or some of the other more liberally slanted news sources, so, don't even try to feed me that crap.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I'm not trying to be rude or take sides. The last thing I want to do is get in the middle of this little duet unfolding here. All I can say is I did hear O'Reilly claim to be a reporter, "just like you, Megan," when he had Megan Kelly on his show a while back.

I can't argue that there is bias all over the news these days. Are there any reporters left? Or are they all analysts?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

um... just look at what mediamatters has documented

he's not just a propagandist, he outright LIES.
it's all right there.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Madness, you keep repeating yourself, over and over and over and over. I heard you 12 posts ago.. I get your drift. I know how you feel.. Please quit repeating yourself. Thank ya.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
are bible quotes really necessary in this thread?

O'Reilly is full of crap enough as it is, no need to bring even more of it into this.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join