It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something has to be done about Bill O'reilly

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by WelshDood

He made it up. I believe the united states has killed more people then any other country in the world in the last 50 years. Some of the genocides come close, Rhyanda I think is close.

On second thought Rhyanda is not close, figure 100,000 X 2 for Iraq wars, then at 1.1 million in vietnam alone.

We get first prize, if you back it up to include WW2 Germany is in the running for sure.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
O'reily is doing his job, abet much better than more than several national commentators.

He is a commentator, not a reporter. He was a reporter at one time, but now he is paid to say what is on his mind.

You may like him or you may despise him, but he has the ratings that show people at least watch his program. More importantly, advertisers like his ratings and is making FOX news very profitable.

He is like a Rush Limbaugh, on TV....

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

fair enough. I would like to see someone try to verify his claims though, should make for some entertaining reading.....

WE really need to question guys like this, no matter which country you are in. DO NOT Succumb to the media's 'climate of fear'

WD

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Political and personal commentary masquerading as news is a huge problem in this country. Bill O, Keith Olbermann and Tucker (who I do so love!) all just put their personal spin on the current events of the day. There is hardly any strict reporting of the news done anymore, with the possible exception of network evening broadcasts. Even these are trying to add variety and color commentary to attract viewers. Its always about ratings, never about news.

I do think Bill O is a perverted and twisted sociopath. If you have ever seen him interview a pretty woman or discuss any titilating topic you know what I mean. He gives me the creeps. However, this is America and I would go to the mat to defend Bill O's right to make an a$$ of himself on t.v. or anywhere else. If you don't like him or Fox News - don't watch, that's the best way to give him his walking papers.

As for Sean Hannity, his false patriotism makes me want to vomit. He is not a "great American". He is totally drinking the kool-aid of the PTB. I can't stand to hear him use patiotic cliches' and sound bites to manipulate his listeners emotions. I do think he is border-line dangerous because so many Americans are influenced by his opinions which are always in lock-step with the PTB.

By the way...do not assume I am a liberal because I am not. I am a wide awake American, a former sheep. Libertarian for life.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

Opinions are one thing, and i believe everyone is entitled to their own, however, i also believe it is wrong for him to voice his opinions as fact.

Also, many people know that he just reports on the news the way he interprets it. The thing that worries me is when people blindly believe people like him and his wild speculation about certain racial groups and political parties, IMO it is no good for anyone.

Also why does he make suh a fuss over one questionable photograph on a website, but when someone has a view he disagrees with, its either 'you're an idiot' or 'shut up' or similar.

I find his claims of balanced and fair reporting, and a no spin zone quite frankly laughable.

IMO all of the above are completely false, hell as much as i dislike some of americas military actions over the past 5 years, i could not believe he had the audacity to argue military subjects with a ret 4 star general. LOL

on a side note im not trying to start an argument here, just voicing my opinions

Peace WD

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
He is paid because he provides a service to Murdoch, he furthers spin and lies to keep americans to stupid to realize they are supporting criminals robbing them blind.

He may not be the guy in the robbery shooting people, but he is the one yelling nobody worry, we will be gone soon if you all remain calm, as his partners gun down the hostages.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Whoa! You mean to tell me that The O'Reilly factor is NOT satire? And here I keep debating on whether to watch Colbert or O'Reilly for the biggest laughs. I suddenly feel really nervous.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I love the ads Google has posted on the side of this thread.

To see some 699 of Bill's evils go here:
mediamatters.org...

[edit on 24-5-2007 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

Great let's all follow "mediamatters" there's a fair and impartial group. Mediamatters has one goal in life and that is to get Clinton elected in 08. They are about as far left as you can get. I really trust their unbiased opinion.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by epizo
Great let's all follow "mediamatters" there's a fair and impartial group. Mediamatters has one goal in life and that is to get Clinton elected in 08. They are about as far left as you can get. I really trust their unbiased opinion.

...you don't really need to trust anyone's opinion here.

hell, you're the one spouting off a partisan point with absolutely no evidence except for your limited and ignorant worldview on these matters

show me one case where mediamatters has misrepresented things
show me where they've lied
show me one instance where they've done something besides show how the media lies

sure, they may only examine the right...but they aren't lying

and show me why they're only goal is to get hillary elected.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

...you don't really need to trust anyone's opinion here.

hell, you're the one spouting off a partisan point with absolutely no evidence except for your limited and ignorant worldview on these matters

show me one case where mediamatters has misrepresented things
show me where they've lied
show me one instance where they've done something besides show how the media lies

sure, they may only examine the right...but they aren't lying

and show me why they're only goal is to get hillary elected.

Ok so first you say that I'm the one that is spouting off ignorant worldwide views, when all I said was that mediamatters is far left. I spouted off not a single "worldwide view".

This should be a lot of fun: "Limbaugh regularly feeds his audience a diet of falsehoods, misstatements, distortions..." this is a quote from mediamatters.com. I disagree with this statements and think its wrong. They don't show one single piece of evidence to back this statement up, therefore I feel media matters is full of crap. Of course when you far laft wackos have someone who disagrees with you, you must try to silence them, put them down because, God forbid there be someone that doesn't walk the far left BS line.

As for trying to elect clinton, who do you think start mediamatters you idiot. It was clinton, so who's agenda do you think they are pushing.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by epizo
Ok so first you say that I'm the one that is spouting off ignorant worldwide views, when all I said was that mediamatters is far left. I spouted off not a single "worldwide view".

right-wing paranoia (a la the getting hillary elected comment) is a worldview)

This should be a lot of fun: "Limbaugh regularly feeds his audience a diet of falsehoods, misstatements, distortions..." this is a quote from mediamatters.com. I disagree with this statements and think its wrong. They don't show one single piece of evidence to back this statement up, therefore I feel media matters is full of crap.

you're right, it isn't a single piece of evidence. they have many

i'll link to the exact page you quoted
mediamatters.org...

below the paragraph there is a laundry list of limbaugh's misdeeds in the media...each with a clip linking to either audio or video of him. they've caught him in the act so many times that it's laughable when you say they don't have a shred of evidence.

Of course when you far laft wackos have someone who disagrees with you, you must try to silence them, put them down because, God forbid there be someone that doesn't walk the far left BS line.

ad hom
how about this, show me the far left silencing people. we're critical, to be sure, but that's just called an exercising free speech. it's a rebuttal
but we don't silence them.

As for trying to elect clinton, who do you think start mediamatters you idiot. It was clinton, so who's agenda do you think they are pushing.

ad hom and hypocricy in one sentence! brilliant

okay, show me evidence to support hillary starting it.

and refrain from calling me and idiot
i may be many things but an idiot is not one of them

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Political and personal commentary masquerading as news is a huge problem in this country. Bill O, Keith Olbermann and Tucker (who I do so love!) all just put their personal spin on the current events of the day. There is hardly any strict reporting of the news done anymore, with the possible exception of network evening broadcasts. Even these are trying to add variety and color commentary to attract viewers. Its always about ratings, never about news.

The difference between O'Reilly and Olberman is that O'Reilly ADMITS that his show is commentary, Olberman DOES NOT... I personally like O'Reilly, Olberman can go such a tree limb...

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmeartifacts
This guy (Bill O'reilly) is not a reporter,

Exactly. His show is an opinion commentary on news and current events. If you don't like his opinions you're free to watch another show with an opinion you agree with.

If it makes you feel any better, he's probalby going to be replaced by Laura Ingraham in the future. They're already grooming her for the position.

www.variety.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

i thought the difference was that o'reilly doesn't have a grasp of reality or common decency and that olbermann does....

seriously, how can you like someone that is so clearly detached from the reality that he's commenting on?

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
His best point is that he's an a** and then it deteriorates from there

Honestly, that man ought to be hogtied and taken to a farm far far away to live with sheep. He's a nasty vile poor excuse of a scrappy human, the abortion that lived.

I have never felt such hatred emminate from anyone as i do from him.

And Dennis Miller, a misfit commedian, as his commentator, and the body language woman calling how she feels people express their body language, Liberals, all of them, of course

I have it on right now, i dont know why, i guess i'm too lazy to reach for the remote control and get rid of him.

He's a piece of work, imo.

:shk:

AND WHERE does he get off threatening all these people whose agenda is different than his?

ANd WHERE does he get off threatening liberals who call his radio show with the FBI? For expressing a view that HE doesnt share????
I heard the famous radio show myself, so i know he DOES SICK THE FBI/or FOX security on people.

A true piece of work.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
i ve seen o'reillys shows and he does seem to spread the paranoia that everyone is out to get america

and the interview where he shouted over the man who lost his father in 9/11 is unexcusable and disgusting.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

i thought the difference was that o'reilly doesn't have a grasp of reality or common decency and that olbermann does....

You're saying Olbermann and decency in the same sentence? Oh, yeah, I forgot, you're one of those... Never mind.

Anyway, yeah, Olbermann is real "decent." He's decent at taking pock shots at people and not even hinting at a possibility that they could come on his show to respond to his antics. O'Reilly does. Why not sqaure head Olbermann? Hmmm... I wonder. Dare I say that he is gutless? Yeah, I think that describes him quite well. How bout you?

[edit on 17-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
You're saying Olbermann and decency in the same sentence? Oh, yeah, I forgot, you're one of those... Never mind.

yes, with common sense.

Anyway, yeah, Olbermann is real "decent." He's decent at taking pock shots at people and not even hinting at a possibility that they could come on his show to respond to his antics.

but he wouldn't turn them down if he asked.

O'Reilly does.

really? tell that to mediamatters. he attacks them constantly but won't let a representative come on his show to respond.

and saying "come on my show or you're a coward" ... well, that isn't exactly a chance to respond..

Why not sqaure head Olbermann? Hmmm... I wonder. Dare I say that he is gutless? Yeah, I think that describes him quite well. How bout you?

i think it's ad hom and a distortion of the truth.
olbermann doesn't run a show like o'reilly.
again, let's look at things:
mediamatters.org...
that's the evidence against o'reilly.

this is how he describes mediamatters and its employees

"the most vile, despicable human beings in the country."

now, from the souce

O'Reilly frequently denounces "cowards" who refuse to face him on-air, saying, for example, "If you attack someone publicly, as these men did to me, you have an obligation to face the person you are smearing. If you don't, you are a coward." But O'Reilly has repeatedly attacked Media Matters while refusing Media Matters President and CEO David Brock's request to appear on The O'Reilly Factor.

hmm...seems like you entirely distorted the truth there...

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
[edit on 18-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

ok...so what's with this blank post?
nothing to say or regret saying something?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join