It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something has to be done about Bill O'reilly

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmeartifacts
Not on a channel that is a news channel is all im saying. Let them have opinions and say what they want. There are venues for that.Opinions in the guise of a news broacast sway the sheeple to one side or another. Let the masses hear the facts and make up their own mind.
Then every channel would just be 24 hour news? There isn't enough news to fill that much time. Why is it so wrong to have news and analysis? Again, these opinionators aren't masquerading as news people.

While you may be able to tune into O'reilly and see he is not a news broadcaster and his opinions are far right, I see others who make statements like, "But O'reilly said it so it has to be the truth"
I don't listen to those people either.

The public has been brain washed to listed to these so called talk shows and they think it is a news broadcast with facts being told the way they should see them.
Do you sincerely think that people are that daft? They know what they're absorbing. It is derisive and dismissive to say that we should take these shows off the air to protect people from themselves. That's creating "sheeple."

Let the people hear the story and make up their own minds with out the bashing of one side of the topic to make people think they are cooks for even thinking the other side may be corrrect.
We're in agreement that the partisan rancor is too high. But I don't think that can be solved by providing people with less information or less outlets. If anything, communications like the Internet have given people more outlets!

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightWorker13
Bill O'reilly is on government payroll anyways, so of course hes gonna push his masters agendas...

Care to share where your evidence of this is?

Course you won't, because that's a bull.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Togetic
24 hour news? There isn't enough news to fill that much time.

i doubt I could disagree with you any more about this! There is more than enough news to fill 24 hours.

In fact, news these days is just as much about what they DONT cover, than what they do.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I think its time someone like Alex Jones targeted him for exposure of the disinformation agent that he is.

As long as we continue to have the right to freedom of speech, Bill O'Reilly will be on the air spouting whatever nonsense he wants, just like Rosie O'Donnell or that old Sue Johanssen lady with the sex talk show that I hate so much.

I know what you mean, though. Bill is a real thorn in the side. But is it his fault for voicing his opinions, or is it the publics fault for failing to realize that he is the star of a show that comments on current events, NOT a news show. O'Reilly isn't a journalist. He's a talk show host. Let's not confuse him for an authority when he isn't.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I think its time someone like Alex Jones targeted him for exposure of the disinformation agent that he is.

So; you are opposed to freedom of speech? You can't have it both ways. There are lots of nuts on this board. Should they be censored as well?

Who decides? You?

My television has a channel changing capability. When I don't want to view something I change the channel. Find the instruction book for your remote and I'm sure it will explain. On most TV's you can even remove channels so they don't show when you are surfing.

I think Alex Jones is a Confidence Man but I would never insist he be stopped even though he's tricking people out of their money to line his own pocket. I would fight for his right to keep doing it.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightWorker13
Bill O'reilly is on government payroll anyways, so of course hes gonna push his masters agendas...

[edit on 24-5-2007 by LightWorker13]

Unless you can prove that I would not post it on a public board. Can you prove that? Did you just make that up on your own?

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
bill o'reilly isn't a reporter, he isn't even a credible source. and he isn't a government agent. he's just an idiot that yells at people. he uses derogotory remarks at once every 7 seconds

newsinfo.iu.edu...

just read this, the man is nothing more than a gradeschool bully

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
eh personally I think he is pretty lame.. he whines if someone doesn't agree with him and should be a tad more civilized. I simply turn the channel when he is on if u dont dig dont watchno need to get worked up over this jerk haha he will get whats coming to him soon enough.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Something has to be done about Bill O'reilly

Like what? Wanna start your own TV show exposing the other fella's that are on TV? that's about all you can do. Blog .. whatever. I can't stand O'Reilly, but he has a right to express his opinion.

Originally posted by Seekerof
Why just O'Reilly, why not Chris Matthews, or a multitude of others?

they are all pretty bad, aren't they? Why focus in on just O'Reilly?
Why not all of them? Unless the OP has an agenda?????

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I love the ads Google has posted on the side of this thread.

To see some 699 of Bill's evils go here:
mediamatters.org...

[edit on 24-5-2007 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
they are all pretty bad, aren't they? Why focus in on just O'Reilly?
Why not all of them? Unless the OP has an agenda?????

i think it's more that bill is the worst and has the biggest audience. does chris matthews use a derogatory term every 7 seconds?

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Though I vote with Dems on most subjects, I think Bill O' isn't a terrible fellow. The fact the he differs with the Republican party in certain areas (a self described independent) shows that he has convictions and beliefs (whether I agree with them or not) that are his own, not instilled by a political partys' agenda. I think much more of Bill o' than I do Al Sharpton or Rush Limbaugh. My one reservation is his sex scandal with his intern...admittedly a scandal much like another politician that I like, Bill Clinton.

Not a party automaton...

TheOnlySaneOne

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon
He is also a very no-plane theory person

That's a lie. I don't know about the Loose Change crew, but that is a blatant lie about Jones.

Oh, and he also never talks about Zionism/Israel.. which says it all really.

An even bigger lie.

Alex does indeed talk about Israel and Zionism. It was through him that I learned the Zionists funded Hitler. It was through him that I learned Israel is researching race-specific bioweapons. It was through him that I learned about the Israel false flag op on USS Liberty. It was through him that I learned Israel radiated over 100K Sephardic Jewish children because the US govt paid them to do it.

Try not to post blatant lies like that.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I was flipping through the news channels and for some reason I stopped and was listening to Bill talk down to yet another guest. Some mayor who wants Bush impeached.

Yeah I saw that one

Sometimes I feel like emailing him about that tape I saw which prooves JFK was assasinated by the government. But of course if he puts it on his show he will say it's obvious that I'm lying. So I would put at the end "if you say I'm lying, your only prooving my point". But he will probably cut that part out so he's a coward.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
does chris matthews use a derogatory term every 7 seconds?

Chris Matthews actually allows the people on his show to speak - which is something O'Reilly doesn't do. Matthews is a MUCH better interviewer .... night and day difference.

But ... I still maintain that they are all lousy. Just different degrees of lousy.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   

This guy is not a reporter, he doesnt even know whats going on in congress.

First of all, no, O'Reilly is not a news reporter. He is a news analyst. There is a big, big difference. A news reporter strictly gives the news and isn't supposed to ad lib at all. A news analyst analyzes what is going on in the world according to their own interpretation.

[edit on 29-5-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
A news analyst analyzes what is going on in the world according to their own interpretation.

Very true. And they are paid to give their opinions .. no matter how much we dislike it. The only thing we can do is write letters to the sponsors and the stations if we don't like them.

I ignore them.

I have better things to do with my time them watch O'Reilly bully people. I have to deal with enough mean people in my life, and I don't want to add another one during my 'relaxation' time.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
You all think O'Reilly is bad. You should listen to Michael Salvage on Fox Talk Radio... The guy says things above and beyond anything O'Reilly has ever said.

[edit on 29-5-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Who cares what O'Reilly thinks, he will be sitting at that desk for a long time because he's a ruthless jerk and perfect for fox news. That being said, how many peole actually watch his show? I tried to find the nielson ratings but no luck. I think people pay this twit to much mind. People watch his show to be entertained, not for truth. And to the small group who actually beleive the garbage he spews out, the word pity comes to mind...

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I don't always agree with the guy, but I do think he is sincere in his beliefs and that is all I ask of anyone.

I am much more alarmed by oily people who cannot commit to a position and refuse to take a stand on anything , fearing unpopularity.

He is a blowhard and often rude and occasionally uninformed, but he speaks as he sees it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join