It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something has to be done about Bill O'reilly

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I was flipping through the news channels and for some reason I stopped and was listening to Bill talk down to yet another guest. Some mayor who wants Bush impeached.
Bill said no congressman would file articles of impeachment, yet Dennis Kucinich filed HR333 just weeks ago.

This guy is not a reporter, he doesnt even know whats going on in congress.

I think its time someone like Alex Jones targeted him for exposure of the disinformation agent that he is.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Oh cmon, you gotta love Bill. Does he sometimes get things wrong or talk over his guests? of course...show me ANY talk show/news show that doesn't. But here is my thing with people who go on these shows. When Bill or whomever is asking a question, ANSWER THE QUESTION. Don't say what you think people want to hear, don't try and avoid a YES or NO question with this winded explination of why your to afraid to just say: Yes or NO!!!!!

That is why most talk/news show hosts talk over their guests. Perfect example was Bill had a guest on a few weeks ago (sorry can't remember who) but she was debating Illegal Immigration. Bill asked a VERY simple question. He said, "Maam, do YOU believe the Illegal Immigrants deserve to stay in the US knowing they broke the law"? very easy yes or no....BUUUT she decided to start talking about jobs americans won't do blah blah blah...and Bill shut her up. And I'm glad. If you dont have the guts or common sense to answer simple questions, your not worthy of a debate!

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
At least O'Reilly can form an opinion of his own once in a while. Not that I'm a big fan of Bloviating Bill and all his supercilious nonsense.

The real hacks that need to stuff a sock in their mouths so they can stop spouting the party line are people like Hannity, Malkin, and Coulter. I can't even stand to look at those three anymore, much less listen to the moronic vitriol they spew. I'm convinced they are total sell-outs, paid to lie for the GOP. Neil Cavuto, the baby faced doughboy, isn't much better. I think he's just on to get grandma to vote Republican.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Why just O'Reilly, why not Chris Matthews, or a multitude of others?
And a little research on your part would surely indicate that O'Reilly is more than a "reporter." Hello?

What is sad is that your busting O'Reilly for whatever and yet, with the same breath, mentioning the disinfo. king Alex Jones.

Newsflash: O'Reilly > Alex Jones.

[edit on 23-5-2007 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I agree, there are many like him and they all should be removed from the air.

A talk show is not the news. Rosie can speak her view. A reporter can not. They are supposed to ask questions and not make judgmental answers.
Journalistic ethics is all im saying
Objectivity

The news is no longer the news, and thats why I try not to watch it. However people like my father tell me all the time the bull they hear people like Bill spew and he takes it as news, when its really spin.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Interesting...

Originally posted by acmeartifacts

Sure, why not? Take them all off the air, and while we're at it, we'll install some "acceptable personalities" in their stead... After all, "the Constitution is just a god damned piece of paper."

A talk show is not the news. Rosie can speak her view. A reporter can not. They are supposed to ask questions and not make judgmental answers.
Objectivity

Objectively, the Bill O'Reilly Show isn't a news program, if it was, it would have a title like "The Evening News With Bill O'Reilly." It's a pundit's show, a commentary on the "now," a purveyor of opinion... I'm wondering how you could mistake it for anything but that... Unless you were so blinded by your own rhetoric that you are unable to see the obvious.

Perhaps you'd be willing to detail exactly what should be "done" with Bill O'Reilly and anyone else you disagree with?

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Objectivity

The news is no longer the news, and thats why I try not to watch it. However people like my father tell me all the time the bull they hear people like Bill spew and he takes it as news, when its really spin.

Wow, so much for freedom of choice. Just because someone has a viewpoint you disagree with you want to "remove" them from the air. Let you and the marketplace decide who stays and goes. There is a reason why commentors have shows you know, they bring in the viewers/dollars. Maybe Keith Oberman should go as well then? How about Dan Rather or Bill Moyers? These are people who exist on their shows primarly for their viewpoints and commenting on the topics of the day. Some people get their "news" from the Daily Show, big deal.

If you can't handle opinions opposite of your own then I respectfully suggest you cancel your internet and cable TV subscriptions, since you will go crazy.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Not on a channel that is a news channel is all im saying. Let them have opinions and say what they want. There are venues for that.
Im just tired of tuning in to catch the news and hearing from the left and from the right opinions of how things should be. News channels are for news.
If I didnt like listening to varying opinions and discussing them, I wouldnt come to ATS. That is not the point. I just want the news to really be the news and not someones opinion. Opinions in the guise of a news broacast sway the sheeple to one side or another. Let the masses hear the facts and make up their own mind.

While you may be able to tune into O'reilly and see he is not a news broadcaster and his opinions are far right, I see others who make statements like, "But O'reilly said it so it has to be the truth"

The public has been brain washed to listed to these so called talk shows and they think it is a news broadcast with facts being told the way they should see them.

Let the people hear the story and make up their own minds with out the bashing of one side of the topic to make people think they are cooks for even thinking the other side may be corrrect.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Let the people hear the story and make up their own minds with out the bashing of one side of the topic to make people think they are cooks for even thinking the other side may be corrrect.

Hmmm sounds like Alex "Misinfo" Jones to me. I still have respect for the guy, but he is just as much a pawn as O'Reilly is. A good example of that would be his and Steven Jones "thermite/ate" theory, which is a load of crock, and IMO could lead to some serious backfiring against the truth movement.

At least Bill is honest about what he believes in..even if he did sell his soul in the process

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Why just O'Reilly, why not Chris Matthews, or a multitude of others?
And a little research on your part would surely indicate that O'Reilly is more than a "reporter." Hello?

What is sad is that your busting O'Reilly for whatever and yet, with the same breath, mentioning the disinfo. king Alex Jones.

Newsflash: O'Reilly > Alex Jones.

[edit on 23-5-2007 by Seekerof]

care to show us some of the disinfo that alex puts out? doubt if you can. and you cant even compare alex to oreilly. oreilly is a nwo nazi that spreads lies to further the fall of america. alex is exposing these all of these people left and right. what a messed up claim that alex gives out false information. i say prove it. btw im an alex listener.
ive listened to almost every podcast since jan. 07 and have yet to hear any disinfo. he is a major help in exposing the crooks that are in charge.

[edit on 24-5-2007 by Funkydung]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
oreilly is a nwo nazi that spreads lies to further the fall of america.

Hard to argue with a mind as open as that. You are right and everyone else who disagrees with you is wrong and on top of that are stupid too. Why even try to discuss things then?

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

This guy is not a reporter, he doesnt even know whats going on in congress.

I think its time someone like Alex Jones targeted him for exposure of the disinformation agent that he is.

Bill isn't a journalist, he's a media personality, as ar emost of the news anchors and so on. Alex Jones is a borderline media personality.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Bill O'reilly is on government payroll anyways, so of course hes gonna push his masters agendas...

I have nothing against the right Bill has to voice his opinion, guarenteed to him under the Constitution of the United States.

My problem with Bill and FOX are the names they title themselves. FOX News is known as "fair and balanced", Bills show is known as the "no spin zone", both these things I have problems with simply because:

A) FOX News IS NOT fair nor balanced, it is very partisan and pushes what some people call "ultra right wing crap" really all they are pushing is the official lines of every story regardless of other views. This, to me, is the opposite of fair and balanced reporting, which is supposed be fair and balanced, and is supposed to look at all views and all sides of every debate, something FOX and Oreilly NEVER do.

So yea, if you wanna believe the government loves you, and that arab terrorists were responsible for 911, go ahead, that is your right as a sovereign being on planet Earth. But, Mr Oreilly, dont come spinning your crap as you propose it as fair and balanced, because we know neither of those things are true

Oreilly Factor has gotta be the biggest spin zone in all the media...fair and balanced? Yea right, the closest thing to fair and balanced reporting these days is Anderson Cooper 360, and even they cant rightfully hold those titles.

[edit on 24-5-2007 by LightWorker13]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
care to show us some of the disinfo that alex puts out?

Not neccessarily disinfo, but more misinfo.

Everyone knows his name, he is the mainstream of alternative/conspiracy news.. do you not find that fact interesting in itself? Anyone who gets too close to the truth gets shut down.. but not Alex.

He is promoting the thermite/ate theory like it is fact.. the very idea of thermite/ate being used to take down the towers is laughable, because it does not fit all the evidence observed. To think Alex would miss certain pieces of evidence..

He is also a very no-plane theory person, also like the Loose Change crew, who even have a "no-plane theory" policy on their forum. As i've said before, to think that the truth movement has no been co-opted is nieve.

They know they can not prevent teh truth coming out, but they sure can use smoke and mirrors to lead you further away from it

Oh, and he also never talks about Zionism/Israel.. which says it all really.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This is a country that supports free speech. That means people have the right to express their political opinions(right, left , or wrong).

I understand that it can be painful at times to listen to someone like Bill. I find him arrogant and obnoxious. I also find some of the left wing talk show hosts (like Randy Rhodes) to also be arrogant and obnoxious.

But it is important to this country that we maintain our right to free speech, even though it may not agree with our own political philosophy. Usually, I find that people who tend towards the left seem to think that they have the right to stop people that they disagree with from speaking. People on the right don't try to stop leftys from talking, they just record what they say, play it back and make fun of them.

Left wing talk radio has never learned this lesson. Record the right wingers. Play it back with your own humerous comments. It's a great way to make a point and have fun at the same time.

So, let them talk, left, right etc. But record what they say and then point out their errors and stupidity. Don't try to ban people from talking. That's what they do in the communist countries.

Hugo Chavez just shut down his main opposition newspaper. Think about the long term affects for his country. I'm pretty sure that he will change the countries counstitution and have himself elected president for life. It's much easier to do if you eliminate the dissenting voice.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I absolutely admire Bill for his bulldog approach to seeking justice and accountability for those that sexually abuse children in the USA.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
all these arguments are null, because in the world of corporate news - objectivity is subjective!

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Bill-O is a blowhard. Can't stand watching him anymore.
Before I was privy to the wealth of information on ATS
that has changed my worldview, I watched Bill-O's show
quite frequently, and I can understand why he is so
popular and influential. Now when I see him I
wana reach out and choke someone.

One thing lead to another, and eventually
my eyes were opened to what's really going
on in this world. I refuse to watch FauxNews.

Keith Olbermann on MSNBC is the best alternative
(alternative view) to Bill-O in my opinion. Let Bill-O dig his
own grave. We have a choice, if you don't like it, change the
channel, ya know? The more outrageous he becomes, the
more viewers he loses (like me) to his competition.

[edit on 5/24/2007 by aecreate]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77

But it is important to this country that we maintain our right to free speech, even though it may not agree with our own political philosophy. Usually, I find that people who tend towards the left seem to think that they have the right to stop people that they disagree with from speaking. People on the right don't try to stop leftys from talking, they just record what they say, play it back and make fun of them.

Great statement there. Just look at all the times hecklers try to shut down speeches by various Government and Conservatives. It's quite embarrassing to see that people have to stoop to drowning out someone with yelling at a speech or throwing a pie at them to make a "supposed" point.

If your views or ideas were so compelling wouldn't they be enough to convince people and make your point?

Here's a hint, that sorta behavior (hitting people with pies, insulting them at speeches) really does turn off people. Can't wait till they start throwing blood at them, you know someone out there is thinking of trying that.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Objectivity

None of these shows--Chris Matthews, Rosie, O'Rielly, Beck, Olbermann--claim to be news. They're all opinion shows. If you don't like what they're saying, and they're not breaking any laws, then don't watch them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join