It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Structures on MARS?!?!?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnific

Originally posted by Gonjo

Originally posted by Cygnific
Any link to the original HiRise image?

Those are the "original ones" theres no link as those are part of the clicker program where they send you a random slip of 6 pictures and ask you to mark them for what ever you can pick up in there. Those black and whites and that slip of 6 slaped to one like it shows on your screen when you ponder the picture on their interface. I have saved them from those slips frame by frame.

Ahh, ok. I understand now where they come from. You dont have any idea what area that is also?

I found the location after some "intense" web browsing the pictures are from (Polar Layers Near Chasma Boreale) link: marsoweb.nas.nasa.gov...

in the center just above the lower dark band. the direct original links to the picures:

So there you go...

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Gonjo, have you heard of whole towns and villages being swallowed up by the shifting sands of the Sahara desert? Even though the air is thinner on Mars there is still an abundance of dust storms and wind, rover pictures have shown this. Also, one of the rovers began to lose power when it's solar panels were covered with dust. How old could Martian structures be? If they are old they will more than likely be under the surface. Maybe we could use a system similar to what they used to look under the ice cap in the south pole, but mounted on a UAV to get a closer look.
images.spaceref.com...
www.spacemart.com...
www.air-attack.com...

Because of the thinner air a dirigible that is landed on the surface and the inflated may be the go.

Peace!

[edit on 28-5-2007 by orthisguyoverhere]

[edit on 28-5-2007 by orthisguyoverhere]

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by orthisguyoverhere
Gonjo, have you heard of whole towns and villages being swallowed up by the shifting sands of the Sahara desert? Even though the air is thinner on Mars there is still an abundance of dust storms and wind, rover pictures have shown this.

I have not, at any point said that there was towns or villages in the images or even houses. I specifically mentioned that it looked like there was something that looked like structures or had shapes that did not look like they could have been formed naturally. Without color pictures of the area its hard to say if its snow/ice or sand/dust that is formed around the area on the most parts to what would be called dunes.

If you dont see anything on the images that look like geometric shapes or artificial then thats fine. I was merely asking if anyone saw anything that they would consider odd/out of place. I would also like to point out that either theres some serious winds goind on around that area or something else is moving the surface material cause if you look at the whole area has some serious patterns from something that has moved the surface material around.

Also why would anything be buried when the whole planet is below freezing 90% of the time and there is no plants (officially) or any other material that would be turned into soil? And most of the existing soil material is mostly frozen all year around near the poles anyhow and I dont see any huge dunes anywhere on the huge area that the pictures are from. Ofcourse none of this matters if theres nothing in those pictures that look "artificial".

The "scale" of the pictures is 32cm/pixel.

marsoweb.nas.nasa.gov...

[edit on 28-5-2007 by Gonjo]

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The example of the Sahara was an analogy. There is sand on mars too, and plenty of wind. The villages and towns were an example of large structures or conglomerations of structures being buried by sand and DUST. It doesn't matter if they are structures, rocks, people animals, they all get buried. The dust and sand may be frozen but without much moisture it is still dust or sand.
science.nasa.gov...
Global dust storms? It don't matter that you can't see dunes near the area.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by orthisguyoverhere
The example of the Sahara was an analogy. There is sand on mars too, and plenty of wind. The villages and towns were an example of large structures or conglomerations of structures being buried by sand and DUST. It doesn't matter if they are structures, rocks, people animals, they all get buried. The dust and sand may be frozen but without much moisture it is still dust or sand.

Global dust storms? It don't matter that you can't see dunes near the area.

Oh I see so youre saying that there nothing but dust and dune on those pictures? Well that makes it even more interesting. If we assume that all you see in that picture is dunes then why are the dunes shining? If theres no moisture in the air then those dunes cant really freeze up which would be pretty much the only explanation for the shining "dome" shapes in the first place.
www.nasa.gov...
www.nasa.gov...

Im sorry but I seriously doubt those global dust storm raise enough dust in the air to bury anything. Why wasnt the rovers buried years ago if those dust storms moved so much matter. I mean if you look at the rover images they look like they are in perfect condition, no dust what so ever on top of them at the moment. Its not like there was anyone to wipe them clean down there, right? Why is it that pretty much ever single crater down there is still perfectly visible and just few of them have been filled up by _something_? Im sorry but saying that everything down there must have been buried under the sand ages ago does not make it so.

There has also been tons of pictures of snow and ice on many craters and even just on top of massive dunes, not to mention the fact that the polar ice caps reduce alot during their summer times and even nasa tells us there is infact water and ice on and close to the surface. Now if the ice/snow on the polar icecaps melt then where does it go? If theres no moisture in the air and soil then how can the area of ice increase again during the winter and how can there be snow on top of dunes and in the craters? Im sorry but it makes little sense to me to say there no moisture and the ground isnt frozen anywhere on the planet, even as close to the pole as the pictures are from.

[edit on 29-5-2007 by Gonjo]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gonjo
Yeah I got actually atleast one set of images that show 2 "cranes" on them. As in straight beam coming from something on the ground that cast a long shadow on the ground. But there wasnt much else on the pictures I could pick out besides those "beams" so I figured it might be just a clitch in the imaging system.

[edit on 24-5-2007 by Gonjo]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I personally believe that there is something artificial in that photo. There are perfectly feasable explanations as to why anyone would want to put buildings on Mars anyway. If you believe/research in MJ 12 you would know that there are supposedly Alien/Human bases on Mars as a joint agreement between the two races. Absurd I know, but you never know.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ingeniouslycorrupt
I personally believe that there is something artificial in that photo. There are perfectly feasable explanations as to why anyone would want to put buildings on Mars anyway. If you believe/research in MJ 12 you would know that there are supposedly Alien/Human bases on Mars as a joint agreement between the two races. Absurd I know, but you never know.

Yeah its hard to tell with all the missinfo out there but when I see with my own eyes pictures from nasa that in my eyes screams "artificial" its hard to believe the official story anymore. Theres plenty of pictures that looks fake and edited, partly because the pictures arent actually pictures but compiled computer data run through tons of filters. Maybe they arent editing anything? Maybe they are giving us few pictures here and there to ease us into the "truth"? Hard to say for sure. All I can do is trust the pictures they give us and trust my own eyes when I see something interesting and spread the word.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The idea of them easing us into the truth is exactly how I feel. Ironic how some of the TV shows we shrug off as fiction could possible contain a sliver of the truth.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I SEE A FACE!!
It's in the upper centre of one of the pics!
Wait there's another. In a totally different picture.
OMG this gets tedious!

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
My Hale Crater Is Better.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join