It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We dont know if Atlantis was in Azores, but Neptune was there..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Neptune at Horta (village of Azores):

"On 15 February, 1986, a Saturday, between noon and 1600 hours, the Azores suffered the greatest storm of this century, with winds reaching velocities of nearly 250 Km/h. José Henrique Azevedo took photographs before and after the storm. Waves reached heights of between 15 and 20 metres and, when they broke, as high as 60 metres (from the MSL to the top of the breaking wave, the height is 60m in the above picture!). Two years later when José Henrique wished to show proof of this event to visiting yachtsmen, he printed two of the photographs. Having done so he discovered that at the moment when he had photographed a particular breaking wave it had taken on human form (hair, eyes, nose, mouth and beard) and thus became known as the "Neptune at Horta" "

Text and image source Peter Café Sport

[edit on 23-5-2007 by fable]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Cool pic. Funny how you can pick out stuff like this, from clouds, tree's, water, rock formations etc. Not sure that i would have picked it though if it wasnt pointed out to me, so i doubt its significance, now a huge dude striding through the waves with a trident and seaweed underpants would get my attention!

If there was an Atlantis the Azores is certainly my pick, as i've posted on a number of other threads. I'd love for the statue of the horseman pointing west or the phoenician coins to turn up one day but sadly i doubt they will.
Nice find.

mojo.

join