It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Open Letter to Rosie O'Donnell

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
So the "experts" are on today (5/24)? I definitely can't wait to see the YouTube of this when the program airs.

I heard that Rosie was not going to be on The View today because she was taking the day off to celebrate a good friend's birthday.

Does anybody know if she and her "loose change" guests showed up?

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I heard that Rosie was not going to be on The View today because she was taking the day off to celebrate a good friend's birthday. Does anybody know if she and her "loose change" guests showed up?

Doesn't that sound more than a bit odd to you?

Supposedly the 'loose change' people are coming on. Supposedly they are going to talk about 9/11 - Rosies favorite rant of late. And SUPPOSEDLY she had all along scheduled not to be there because she was going to be with her 'partner' to celebrate her birthday.

Yeah, right.

If those people were going to be on the you betchya Rosie would be there to blather away. I don't buy for a minute that her not being on 'The View' today was previously planned.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose
do you think that Rosies career is being advanced by her so called rants?

SHE thinks it is. SHE gets attention. SHE gets a 'following'.
And SHE wants to launch a new show. So yes, I'm sure that SHE
thinks her career is advanced by her lunacy.

she is stronger than you are,

No she isn't. She's an idiot. Period.

and that makes you feel shallow inside,

Not even close. :shk:

i understand.

No .. you obviously don't. And your attempt at psychology is pathetic.

The fact remains - she's a moron. She's unstable. She's a loudmouthed loon who can't TOLERATE anyone else's opinions. She thinks The View is really 'The Rosie Rant Show'. EXPOSING these things for what they are irks you? That's your problem.

im sure she will help you grow some balls.

I'm a girl. I don't want to 'grow any balls'.

As far as being bold ... I'm bold enough when I wish to be.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I noticed that the Rosie vs Elisabeth video isn't on here. I thought I'll add this as a bonus.

Personally I'm not sure what to think of this video. Its crazy.

www.themilwaukeechannel.com...

[edit on 5/24/2007 by Leyla]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla

www.themilwaukeechannel.com...

see... cant you see this woman has had it. she feels the same way about the situation that a lot of people do. She is not a politian, she not much of an actress, she is an everyday woman who has opportunity to open up her frustrations to her entire nation, maybe this comes as a shock to some here, but wtf is everyones problem. if some cant see honest opinion based on COMMON sense that is a shame.

This woman does not care about what people think of her, she will say what ever she thinks is right an never feel bad about it. an admirable trait if you ask me.

Have any of you considered that she made plans for a new show before she started ranting on the view because she knew she would need one.

her first big go at 9-11 had her accusing NBC of contolling the media in the country, she wanted to get that out and she knew she would need a backup show. So she didn't want to stop, your going to condem her for marching forward with some foresite.

Ok so some think she is an idiot, uneducated, and not trustworthy enough to carry a 9-11 debate, so am i and niether am i, but that doesnt stop me from grilling everyone i meet with what i understand about the situation. She has like 30 million people.

HATERS.

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by tom goose
im sure she will help you grow some balls.

I'm a girl. I don't want to 'grow any balls'.

i suppose if i told you to get a grip, you would tell me that you are not a car.

but to use your politicaly correct term... if you have the ability to be bold then would you not consider an opportunity to tell what you know and express your concers about a 9-11 cover up, as a reaonable time to be bold.

and where are all your smart people that will do a better a job than Rosie?

my guess is hiding behind their work with not enough "bolds" to go around the usual channels that are easily blocked that rosie is already standing in front of . Why wont your experts get in touch with Rosie and educate her. sounds pretty easy, but it doubt they even have the "bolds" for that.

[edit on 24-5-2007 by tom goose]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
You all need to take a deep breath about this whole issue. It has nothing to do with whether Rosie really believes what she says or whether there is any evidence to back up her conspiratorial claims.

Her rantings on The View is only driven by ratings (or the number or percentage of people watching the show). The producers on the show LOVE the fact that she causes controversy.

Why? Because the more obnoxious she is, the more people "HATE" or "LOVE" her (depending on one's views), the more she stimulates debate, the better she is for ratings for the show.

Why do Hollywood want controversy? It makes MORE MONEY!! The higher the ratings, the higher The View can charge for commercials, because if more people are watching because people are attracted to intriguing arguments and are emotionally caught up in it.

This is why they allow the continued arguments, bitch slapping and other nonsense that go on.

They allow it because it generates viewership and money.

That is the bottom line for businesses.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Dearest Helig, which degrees in Science do you hold?

I ask, because by your statement no intelligent human being could possible take data, analyze the data, and come up to an informed opinion of a situation by using common sense and wisdom where they do not have scientific knowledge.

For instance, if you told me water boils at X Degrees and the pretty bubbles I see are due to the rapid movement of the water molocules.... I guess I shouldn't be able to understand that if water is boiling it's probably hot.

That would be to Scientific.

Rosie took information given to her, probably by numerous sources (much like the Info we get here at ATS), pieced them together and said "I'll be damned... but this sort of sounds like it could happen". She saw a 2, and another 2, and thought "Maybe this makes 4." She then got behind the idea and put her faith in it. Then she acted upon her faith, standing up not behind closed doors but for all of the media to see... AND SPOKE HER MIND.

Or perhaps we should all remain silent and only allow those with PHD's to speak for us? The only difference in Rosie making her case and a Nobel Prize Winning Scientist is that the Nobel Winner would be less known and could do tougher math. Once some basic truths are given (i.e. the temperture needed for steel to melt) the rest becomes pretty basic.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
IT dosent matter if Rosie said anything about WTC 7 or if Big Bird did.
Anyone who has real questions about 9/11 are going to look past who is saying it,and pay attention to what is being said.

No, I strongly, vehemently disagree, and that is why so many people get irritated with the likes of Michael Moore and Rosie O. Most intelligent people do not listen to ignorant people who behave in loud, base, annoying or irrational or ill reputable ways, nor look to them as a good source for valid information.

There are rational, intelligent, articulate promoters of truth, and there are sensationalists, and the baseline ignorant fools, who’s folly is of more influence than any fact they purport to promote.

It does matter who is saying something, and when it comes to the 911 truth movement, no serious truth promoter or seeker would pick Big Bird, Rosie O’Donnel, or any other Bozo-The-Clown type of over-the-top character to represent serious research, facts, and unresolved issues. Indeed, most intelligent people aren’t going to look past whoever is saying something, as the source of information should always be considered.

Nor are people going to look past HOW they are saying it. Who is saying something and how they say it is the whole purpose of using celebrities, or for people using their own celebrity, for an attention agenda-the fact people do pay more attention to WHO is saying something, and how it is said, and the resulting effects of that is what they count on, more than the facts of the issue at hand. The 911 facts aren’t being promoted by Rosie, Rosie is being promoted by Rosie.

We already see here in this discussion that it has a lot to do with Rosie, Rosie, Rosie, and what she is going to say on her show, and how she conducts herself, and the fact she is going to bash NBC, and thus has apparently had the foresight to make plans for a new show on a new network….blah, blah, Rosie, blah.

Rosie and her cause…Rosie’s cause is to promote herself. If I had a failing show, or at least one where my ratings were not enough to profit my future negotiations with the network, and if I could negotiate a better offer with another network…all with the promise of not only self-promoting publicity stunts that would ensure enough controversy to promote me, as well as my new show, but also promote the new network while degrading the original host network, it would be the ideal way to proceed and promote myself to the new network, the public, and my cause-my celebrity. Cha-ching, bling, bling.

The issue here is not weather or not Rosie believes WTC7 was a controlled demolition or not. The issue here, and about the 9/11 truth movement, is about the truth and possibilities and what venues are beneficial to spreading truth, and promoting possibilities for people to consider, and what venues could be detrimental to the cause of promoting others to seek truth-whatever it may be-for themselves. The truth here is Rosie is detrimental to the cause of the truth movement, she is simply riding on the wave of controversy to better shores for her career.

Unless she is just so stupidly blind, that she actually eats up the back patting of those who are whoring her out as a publicity poster child thinking she is really making a difference and promoting truth for the sake of truth and winning friends and influencing people along the way. In that case, I just pity her as a true fool.

Originally posted by Black_Fox
Remember,even bad publicity can be a good thing.
People arent stupid.If mainstream media wants to bash Rosie,let them.
Meanwhile intelligent people will look at facts and not spin.

You are in error. Many people are stupid. Even more are ignorant, and many intelligent people who are ignorant to truth, will stay ignorant rather than take anything Big Bird, Bozo-The-Clown, or a screeching, foaming-at-the-mouth, bitter, publicity monger like Rosie, says seriously. They will view others who sincerely question the official story of 911 simply as low-class, base people like her, further discrediting the movement, and promoting ill-views of those who do have questions and seek truth, or attempt to promote it.

I am not picking on you at all Black Fox. You just epitomize what I feel is the the dilemma here and with the syndrome of, what I call, “Celebrities without a cause.” Celebrity rebel-wannabees, who benefit from their stunts more than anyone else or any true cause, and too often at the expense of an actual true cause.

Many people sadly think as you do-that it doesn’t matter if Michael Moore is known for fudging facts in his film, or that Rosie is simple, see-thru and base, that bad publicity is still publicity. You don’t fully understand the dynamics and the context in which bad publicity, is still good publicity. Bad publicity is only good for celebrity, not causes outside of celebrity. The only ones who can benefit from the sensationalism from bad publicity are those who need any type of publicity, good or bad- which is the celebrity-never a cause. Bad publicity for a cause is simply that- bad for the cause.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BradKellThe only difference in Rosie making her case and a Nobel Prize Winning Scientist is that the Nobel Winner would be less known and could do tougher math. Once some basic truths are given (i.e. the temperture needed for steel to melt) the rest becomes pretty basic.

The difference between Rosie O'Donnell and a Nobel Prize winning scientist is that a Nobel Prize scientist probably has a track record of developing keen insights relating to science.

Rosie's career resume consists mainly of being friends with Madonna and having a striking resemblence to prehistoric cave-woman, Betty Rubble.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
You know what's most hilarious, you all are talking about mainstream media actually giving the WTC7 any real cverage. And now it's poor ole Rosie's fault it won't. So before Rosie anyone talking about WTC7 wasn't labeled nuts and the mainstream media was falling over itself to get out any truth?

Paid bloggers I suspect, this is a ridiculuos notion.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
This has been going on between Elizibeth and Rosie for quite some time. This isnt the first spat they have had on the air. I have seen BOTH Rosie and Elizibeth yell and scream. I dont see how you can just single out Rosie.

The difference I see between them is Rosie actually has an OPINION. She did the research and changed her mind. All I hear from Elizibeth is the same all crap that spews from whomever spouts the Bush, Cheny, Rumsfield, and Wolfowitz BS. I wish Elizibeth would do the research and if she did that she would HAVE to question WHY we are doing what were doing.

Logic and Common sense seem to be a lost art now a days. Come on people, or Sheeple, wake up!!!

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama

The difference I see between them is Rosie actually has an OPINION. She did the research and changed her mind. All I hear from Elizibeth is the same all crap that spews from whomever spouts the Bush, Cheny, Rumsfield, and Wolfowitz BS. I wish Elizibeth would do the research and if she did that she would HAVE to question WHY we are doing what were doing.

Logic and Common sense seem to be a lost art now a days. Come on people, or Sheeple, wake up!!!

If that lady Elizabeth had openly said in front of her conservative fans that she never heard her say the troops were terrorists, she would have probably lost the majority of her fans. Shes just kowtowing to her fan base.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
I completely agree. I was just now thinking the same thing, that Rosie's support of the 9/11 Truth movement is the worst thing for it.

What a poster child she makes, the new face of the CT'ers.

It plays so much into the hands of the right-wing, warmongering fascists in this country and around the world that I have to think she is either a willing part of a conspiracy to discredit the movement, or a mind-controlled pawn. I've thought that since she first came out with all of her "informed opinions."

If anything, she may be a mind controlled pawn for the Zionists. Charlie Sheen sure seems to be.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
You know, I was actually impressed with Elizibeth as she is now the only one on the show who follows the NEOCON BS. Joy is now on Rosie's side but not in a way that her job is on the line. Just before this spat, Joy had THE LIST which she stated her reasons why Bush should be impeached. I did think that Elizibeth was a dumb blond at first until these little spats with Rosie started around the time Rosie started speaking so strongly about her questions on 911. I think Rosie is a little surprised that Elizibeth could hang with her when they discuss these issues.

The scary thing is that people will probably listen to Elizibeth more because she is the innocent dumb blond on the show and stood up to the big bad Rosie. This is the problem. The NEOCONS are not stupid and have the perfect type of people on there side in high levels of television and radio who seem dumb, Hannity, Orielly, Rush, Elizibeth, Savage, ect. but can hold there own in an argument which half the time scare people off anyway.

Confrontation scares people. But, I look at Confrontation on an issue as a way for OPEN discussion and debate. Why the HELL do they offer debate classes in HS or College if people are so scared to debate.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
2l82sk8

Excellent post, with an excellent summation.

You don’t fully understand the dynamics and the context in which bad publicity, is still good publicity. Bad publicity is only good for celebrity, not causes outside of celebrity. The only ones who can benefit from the sensationalism from bad publicity are those who need any type of publicity, good or bad- which is the celebrity-never a cause. Bad publicity for a cause is simply that- bad for the cause.

ThePieMan

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
If that lady Elizabeth had openly said in front of her conservative fans that she never heard her say the troops were terrorists, she would have probably lost the majority of her fans. Shes just kowtowing to her fan base.

Rosie may not have come out and said "The troops are terrorists", but what she did say could certainly be construed to imply that she thought they are.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I'm guessing we have other Opie and Anthony listeners on the board. I heard the broadcast in question and it must be taken with a grain of salt. First of all, talk radio is usually entertainment, and to expect to hear serious commentary about anything, especially what could possibly be the biggest act of treason in history, is foolhardy wishful thinking.

Now, if we are indeed talking about Opie and Anthony, I have a very specific opinion about Anthony's supposed opinions on 911. Anthony is a very intelligent guy. He is also a high school dropout and an ex-heating/airconditioning guy. So while I'm sure that he privately is very aware of all of the facts about 911, and may have a more undecided opinion (I've been a fan for almost ten years and I've never known him to have anything but excellent and rational opinions), publicly he MUST be against it.

Consider Anthony's position. He won the lottery when Opie pulled him out of his former life to be a millionaire radio host. He doesn't need a high level corporate meeting to understand that he needs to keep his mouth shut. It's a given. I can't fault him for it.

Also, if you listen between the lines you get a clearer picture. There are many NWO and conspiracy jokes made on the O&A show. You know what, I can't really explain this well.

Bottom line, it's entertainment, just like television. Everyone is playing a character to some extent. Although unlike television that extent changes with each passing moment on the show.

Werd.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Yeah last night a big thunder clap... went to ABC and it was blank...
CBS news says ABC building on fire and was evacuated.

Was it because of Rosie O, were they afraid the building would melt from
thermite or something, whatever. Or was it an act of God, lightning.

ABC nixed the VIEW with Loose Change to listen to Bush in the garden, no one else did.

Rosie O takes their money but don't put up with their guff.
WTC 7 truth and 911 truth is not the only truth around and
filling the void with mindless entertainment is not going to help.

Stick to the facks:
Illuminati, Dumbinati whatever they took Tesla inventions
funded Hitler won WWII infested America in operation paper clip
had more power than Truman Eisenhower and JFK didn't
like Hoover Oswald and JFK would have rubbed them all out
if need be had to pilot JFK Jr. plane into the drink and
get us into war with 911 because of the Helium engine.

Conspiracy channels also have Tesla being strangled,
toss that in as well. Tesla stories are dis infor since
they must un inform, let you make the wrong coil, ban
the aether gap, let you think about space communications
instead of space travel the Nazis thought they would do
with the Haunebu III and Tesla knew what they were doing
with the Helium from the Radium isotope.

THAT was getting TOO close, Tesla had to be silenced.

No oil only Helium, the power of the Sun.

I'll do it for you for 100 Billion dollars, pinky finger
no where near the lip.

Estimate subject to change.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I am from the U.K and can honestly say i have never heard of this Rosie. So i decided to do a little research and i came across this clip among many other's.

newsbusters.org...

She is cleary disturbed and if she was on any uk t.v program acting like this i can honestly say her job would be very short lived indeed.

Its actually a form of racism as her idea of an asian having conversation is simply (ching chong ching) This clearly shows she has a low mental IQ.

She acts almost like a bully or dictator she seems to need full control of every conversation. And if someone tries to question her she becomes uber defencive.

I beleive she suffers from some form of inferiority complex. A narcissistic and almost un-stable mind.

Regard's
Lee

[edit on 28-5-2007 by h3akalee]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join