It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gore�s TV War: He Lobs Salvo At Fox News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Among the many problems facing the Democratic Party, according to former Vice President Al Gore, is the state of the American media.
www2.observer.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Of course Gore is not happy. For the first time, since many years, the medias are less pro-left and a little bit more pro-right.

Good news !!!

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 02:59 PM
link   
That's funny and I still hate Gore. First, Rush isn't media per se, he's openly a conservative talk show host heard on AM radio. Nobody wonders where Rush stands. PLUS, I listen to Rush here and there. He can equally criticize the republicans that are doing something that isn�t inline with the conservative message, i.e. John McCain, Jeffords before the jump, so on and so forth. (And why aren�t there any liberal talk shows? � because they fail) Fox may lean a little to the right more so than the Wash. Times, except perhaps some of their commentary. BUT, that's just a few. Media in general is often liberally biased and Gore didn't mention the NY Time (very liberal) and CNN (which employs several Clintonites) not to mention the other major media outlets that employ numerous former Democrat operatives (Matthews, Russert, Phillips, etc)

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 03:00 PM
link   
You echo my thoughts U-P. The media was fine and dandy when the dems were in office,but now they whine.

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
You echo my thoughts U-P. The media was fine and dandy when the dems were in office,but now they whine.

Cool, we are all happy then.

Do a good action : Vote for a Rep, not for a Dem !

posted on Nov, 27 2002 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Unless the dems do something spectacular,I would sooner slit my wrists than vote for one of them.

posted on Nov, 28 2002 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Unless the dems do something spectacular,I would sooner slit my wrists than vote for one of them.

Something spectacular ? Like what ? To resign from their gov' function in exemple ?

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

Something spectacular ? Like what ? To resign from their gov' function in exemple ?

Boys, you're just talking plain stupid.

UP, first, you know as much about being and voting in the American system as nyeff and I know about the Belgium system.....so please stop shouting your ignorance from the roof tops, ok?
Nyeff, "slit my wrists", really? Even if you were to switch the parties around in your statement, you'd still be proving a poor example of reasoned thought.

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I am afraid I would slit my wrists also. LOL.

Gore - C'mon BT! Would you vote for the man that wants to outlaw the combustion engine?

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 02:54 PM
link   
We have had such a coporate media character assasination on Gore, because of an extension to Clinton, that no one really knows the guy unless they research it.
You know we were both going to vote McCain. That taken away, I researched the remaining candidates. Anyone who would have done the same would have run away from a Bush vote screaming.
You don't see a day when the combustion engine WILL be outlawed? It's not even the most efficent based on old tech, much less current or future tech. But, it's another great example of the misrepresentation - take half, swear its whole, and run with it.
Like the 'Inventing the Internet' canard. Hey, he sponsored the bill that enabled the cross over to the public domain - that IS inventing it in a sense, but he NEVER said that.

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 03:01 PM
link   
In my opinion Gore is a little off kilter on his stance on some issues such as the enviroment.

And slitting ones wrists is a little extreme.

[Edited on 29-11-2002 by NinjaoftheNight]

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

UP, first, you know as much about being and voting in the American system as nyeff and I know about the Belgium system.....so please stop shouting your ignorance from the roof tops, ok?

Bouh !!!

Your system is pretty cool. There is the democrats and the republicans. Ok,I know, there is others little party.

But the 2 mains are the dem's & the rep's.
So I don't shout my ignorance from the roof tops.

new topics

top topics

join