It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dictator George Bush?!Bush Re-Authorizes Martial Law Provisions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Well according to this National Continuity Policy it would appear a dictatorship is more than possible.Not that America hasnt been walking blindly into one anyways.

President George W. Bush has sparked much alarm by openly declaring himself to be a dictator in the event of a national emergency under new provisions that will effectively nullify the U.S. constitution, but such an infrastructure has been in place for over 70 years and this merely represents a re-authorization of the infrastructure of martial law.

National Security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive
National Continuity Policy
Can be read in full here
www.whitehouse.gov...

Things are beginning to line up,and are beginning to point to something bad on the horizon.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Hey Fox,

I've read the legislation. Can you point out what part states that the Constitution will be nullfied?

In the opening it states the Constitution will be protected.

Thanks

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
i dont think it will nullify the constitution but could be a step towards other advances at a stronger role for bush or the president.

theres no tellin with bush although i doubt he would try to beat the constitution.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Either way, we'll know w/in the next couple of years if he is going to be some sort of dictator. I've been worrying about it since he was elected president for the 2nd time. In all reality, he almost already is the dictator of the USA. He has altered the constitutional rights of citizens to support his fight against terrorism (or at least that's what he says its for) with the patriot act and other random laws constructed over the years. He covers up information about the war, and about anything else he wants to. Also, when congress wanted to pass the law to set a time limit on the war, he vetoed it knowing that the congress would never agree to have it passed again. He is pretty much in complete control of us.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
I've read the legislation. Can you point out what part states that the Constitution will be nullfied?

It doesn't come right out and say, "The Constitution will be hereby nullified." That would be too obvious.

Originally posted by SteveR
In the opening it states the Constitution will be protected.

If you believe that, then their objective has been accomplished.

(6) The President shall lead the activities of the Federal Government for ensuring constitutional government.
source

The Democratic Republic of which is the United States of America, has a supreme law, of which is the Constitution. That Constitution provides for 3 branches of our Federal Government, and sets forth limitations on them.

By taking the step as shown by the above mentioned section of Presidential Directive 51, President Bush has utterly made himself the head of the entire Federal Government, meaning all branches will report to him as the "Supreme Leader", with his sidekick being "the Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism (APHS/CT) is hereby designated as the National Continuity Coordinator."

Bush has essentially removed the "cheques and balances" of the US Government, which was formed by the Constitution... thereby nullifying it, and granting himself, or whomever replaces him as the next president, ultimate authority.

It's not that difficult to see.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

top topics

join