It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

world sperm levels down by 50% in past 50 years

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
world sperm levels down by 50% in past 50 years, Alchol, drugs are to blame they say.

also it dropped by 35% in past 14 years!!! out of those 50.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Hey! Is nature trying to employ it's own form of population control on us???

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
There's a handful of people out there with a sudden increase of 1,000,000% so everything's the same?

But that'd be some handful.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Can't see how they could say "the world" though. That would mean that EVERY man in the world for the past 50 years would have to have submitted his sperm for count, unless of course they are using a math formula to "guesstimate"

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
About time we tried to control population!! If we're not savvy enough to do it then nature will take over.

It will not be a guesstimate it will be a statistical sample compared to either chi squared or normal distributions to give a clear statistical and scientific answer to a null hypothesis. However, i would guess that the sample was only made for one conutry and assumed for the whole world.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Well we won't know until blobby starts adding links to his post.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

LONDON (AFP) - Male sperm counts have fallen by almost a third since 1989, with factors such as drinking and obesity possibly to blame, according to a British study

rest of story

Personally I think it's a load of garbage.

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by darklanser]

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Sounds like mother nature's trying to get rid of her fleas, hehe....

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
That sounds about right to me.

50%

I think someone forgot to tell China, India, and Africa though.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I got plenty to spare.

its really all part of my plan, once the world population is 33% lysergic blood.... MWAHWAHAHAHAHAHA!

[Edited on 5-1-2004 by Lysergic^7]

[Edited on 5-1-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
lol.

Has there been any research done with regard to the affect of alcohol and drugs and womens eggs?

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
please tell me alcohol makes me infertile too!!

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
yes we guys got plent to spare

but if this keeps on like this and if we live another 2000 years (human speces) then there might becouse a problem..

Now, why is this happening???

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
If true, then this is very positive in terms of population. Though, I'm afraid it won't be enough. Will I live to see the day that harsher methods are implemented to control the population?

My sights are set on a global scale. Our demise will bring peace. ::dodges fruit::

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
::Nails Bangin with a pinnapple::
Guess someone has been smokin a little too much pot, and wearing too much underwear. Boxers they say. And just say NO to drugs. Didnt people ever listen to the D.A.R.E. cop in sixth grade?

[Edited on 5-1-2004 by Langolier]

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Thats it! I'm going to go do my part for the sperm banks. I'll even bring my own gallon of ky!

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Alcohol to blame ??? What about in the old times where they drank A LOT of beer etc.
They got all our ancestors heh and i kinda think there is a lot.
Maybe it's gods way not to make mother earth over polluted ?

I don't think it's alcohol that does it, but all of the pollution and all the chemicals that we've invented... Alcohol has always been here, chemicals is new. The phenomenon with lower sperm levels is "new" so ofcause blame alcohol that has allways been with us.

-Quane

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Something from THE TIME TRAVEL TALE OF JOHN TITOR :

someone asked him this question:

What's the future of cloning?

Cloning full people has been determined to be medically and ethically unsound. We do have research and progress in cloning body parts and creating more viable sperm and egg production.

Now notice the part about creating more viable sperm and egg production, interesting comment considering it is now happening and will be lower in future.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Who knows whats causing it? I don't think its just bad habits by ordinary citizens such as alcohol consumption. These days when you drink water, you're getting more than just H2O. You're now getting flouride (also in tooth paste) which is a poison, and the unremovable feminine hormones from birth control pills that get urinated out into the sewer and repropagated into tap water. There's also chemtrails. Who knows what the hell is in that stuff? I'd say its a cumulative effect of unnatural substances in things we take for granted as being safe for human consumption.

[Edited on 12-1-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
What is happening now and a lot less noticeable but will accelerate in years to come is the declining sex drive.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join