It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug War Conspiracy... (Part 1)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22To blame weed for pushing someone over the edge is a little funny. Granted that guy felt fine after a pill ... then a line ... but when he smoked, he lost it. Not uncommon. But, is that to say that if the guy smoked, then took the pill, then did a line, would it be the line that pushed him over the edge?

I am not talking about an individual event. I am talking about a string of use for years. I can't really be bothered to get into it deeply, but if you want to take my word for it there it is. The pills and coc aine really did little to affect him, compared to the weed. I think, as someone else said, if you know any heavy smokers you'd agree with me.

About the gateway issue, I'd say it's partially true, but not in the way it is presented. If someone is willing to take one government denied drug, I'd say they've already proved that they care little for the rules which have been imposed upon us. It is also true in many occasions that a dealer will sell other stuff as well as weed, but usually you have to ask.

I'm not going to argue with semantics and science about this, I know what I know from my life's experiences.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

from KrahzeefUkhar:
To be able to smoke this relatively harmless herb you DO have to deal with criminals, that can't be denied.

Can't be denied........unless, of course.........you grow your own or have a friend who does!

Well that would just mean that either you or your friend are the criminals.
If you grow your own your the crim, get it from someone else your also the crim but you'll get more leniancy cause your dealing with another more organised crim.

I'm front row center for getting it legalised, My plan is getting everyone in australia (or the stoners at least) to sit out the front of every cop shop and light a joint. If every stoner in oz was willing to smoke out the front of their respective authoritarian complexes it would have to be legalised.

However, saying it is completely harmeless doesn't help. People do get messed up without any doubt. Everyone needs to know all the facts to make a decent judgement.

Bottom line is someone coming off of valium is far more likely to be a psycopath than someone who can't get on that week.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krahzeef_Ukhar
Marijuana definitely has withdrawal symptoms and can cause serious mental problems.

I've been a problem smoker (Quarter of a an ounce a week). And whilst I still smoke quite regularly when I did stop for a few week there was withdrawal symptoms. Anxiety, weird dreams etc.

I agree that you miss it when it's not there, but it's pretty easy to interest yourself in something else and forget you miss it. And it does affect your sleep and dream states when you don't have it. All in all, the withdrawal symptoms are at worst mild.

Nowhere near as bad as heroin, Of course people have withdrawal symptoms from stopping drinking coke.

Very true.

I've had friends who have gone loopy "Drug psychosis" who were only stoners.

I will not say that there are not individuals who are prone to loopiness who also smoke - but I will contend that it was not the drug that was the issue but rather that their use of the drug was an attempt to allay the issues they already had.

There is definitely good things as well, but to totally discount any of the bad things is a little dangerous. All the info should be out there and let people make up there mind.

It's all about moderation.

I don't discount anything. I merely suggest that the issues that people have are not related to the drug so much as the drug is an attempt to self-medicate.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I too am a long-time user of MJ. Of course, when I first started, it was just for fun. But as the years have passed, I have continued for other reasons. I first discovered its ability to relieve pain when I suffered a tri-malleolar fracture of an ankle. In case you don't know, that is a pretty severe fracture and requires surgery, hardware and months of casts to heal. They gave me lots of narcotics and before I knew it I was addicted to Percodan. After all, they gave me 100's of them. When I realized how addicted I really was I tried to stop taking them. Well, that didn't go too well when I tried to do it cold turkey. But with the help of cannibus I was eventually able to kick narcotics.
Coincidentally, I realized that MJ was relieving my pain as well as helping me to kick narcotics. In fact, it worked better than pills. During that time I had no appetite and suffered from severe nausea that wasn't relieved with medication. But whenever I partook of the weed I would develop an appetite and was able to eat without becoming sick. I began to gain some weight back, was relieved of pain, slept better and I believe that because of these things I began to heal faster.
Since then I have come to rely on pot for pain relief (and sleep) as I suffer from severe arthritis that involves nearly all of the large joints in my body.
I also was told by my eye doctor that I had the beginnings of glaucoma. I changed the amount of MJ that I used by smoking every night before bed rather than only when my pain was severe. The result was a perfectly normal eye exam six months later!
I am a retired RN and understand how drug companies and federal agencies can use statistics to benefit their own ends. I have frequently read reports about how safe some drugs are but found that those drugs were indeed causing problems in so many of my patients. I have never believed the claims of the feds about the harmful effects of smoking MJ.
I was fortunate to be part of a "study" where THC was used as part of the treatment of pain in terminally ill cancer patients. The results were remarkable. I watched these incredibly ill people actually improve. I am not saying that it caused their cancer to remiss, but it did increase their appetite, relieve their pain and nausea and help them to sleep better. I dare say that these folks were actually able to enjoy some of their days before they died. Their overall attitude seemed to improve. I saw less depression and anger. I saw smiles where before there was only sadness. Some were even able to stop taking narcotics which is always a good thing. Narcotics are beneficial to those with untolerable pain, of course. However, they also cause problems. Narcotics can cause headaches, reduce appetite by causing nausea and reduce the functionality of the person taking them. By that I mean that they spend their time "nodding" when they could be spending quality time with loved ones before they pass away. Narcotics can also create bad attitudes. I'm not sure how to explain it but those heavily medicated with narcotics cop an attitude. They are angry and basically just grumpy. This doesn't happen with MJ.
I remember one old gentleman. He was the meanest old man I had ever had the misfortune of being assigned to as an RN. I assumed that was just his nature. He ran everyone off, refusing to see family or friends. He was rude and mean to the nursing staff. He was always yelling at someone. They started the poor old guy on Cannibus and the change was a sight to see! He began to eat. He requested less and less pain medication. He had us call his family and ask them would they please come to visit and bring the grandkids.
I will never forget watching him telling stories to those kids about their ancestors and the things that they had done.
Anyway, MJ has made drastic and (in my experience) only pleasant changes in the lives of many.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The drug war is a conspiracy! Everyone knows the CIA transported heroin/guns/whoknowswhat back in the day. Who's to say they wouldn't be doing it now? On a different note I hear talk regarding the war in afghanistan saying 2% of the heroin came from afghanistan and after we invaded, the streets of the US were flooded with afghani heroin. 2% to 98% is the story...

Thought I'd share.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
i always laugh when people say pot is dangerous because of increased THC.. give me a break.. that is like saying vodka is more dangerous than wine, sure it has a higher alcoholic content, but if you drink five times as much wine as someone else drinks vodka you are going to be way more intoxicated. this is just following the same logic as some of you. if there is more thc then less of the stuff is going to be smoked, basically evening it out. if you still don't agree ask yourself this, would you rather be riding in a car with someone who just smoked a joint or someone who just drank a 12 pack?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I believe it should be titled "America's Drug War Conspiracy"

Our Nation is sick and it doesn't need a another pill, It needs change. Hopefully like the President said.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
How can people not care about this thread... I believe this thread needs 1000 flags and perma sticky until Americas Drug Problem is addressed.

We are throwing thousands of people in prison and jail, 70% of which are due to drug offenses.

When will the masses realize our current status quo isn't working? I hope before its to late.

This is a sad state of affairs we live in today, People please bump and sticky. Marijuana needs to be decriminalized yesterday. I mean with Alcohol and Cigarettes being legal, I mean come on.

PLEASE PEOPLE REPLY, I need to hear some current thoughts!

[edit on 2-9-2010 by matt4GA]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I live in a medical marijuana state and am a patient myself. I have persistent, severe migraines and daily use has been proven (both by studies and my personal experience) to greatly minimize both the frequency and severity of migraines. I have used pharmaceuticals in the past for this problem, and find that without exception, although they work fairly well in the short term, they cause a rebound migraine that is invariably worse than the original, and do nothing to lessen the frequency of the attacks.

I am now visiting relatives in a non-medical marijuana state, have not smoked in nearly two weeks, and have had two severe episodes already. I wish the medical use could be federally assured across state lines. I am also a proponent of legalization for recreational use, but my main point remains that it seems wrong to deny such a useful, effective medicine to people who need it based upon which state they live in. A majority of Americans support the medical use of marijuana. Can't this be a federally recognized right and enforced across state lines much like civil rights were?
Your thoughts?

edit to add: I should point out that while THC is the primary compound, useful in many medical applications, such as nausea, migraines respond to CBD's, so Marinol is ineffective in treating migraines (as are high THC strains with correspondingly low CBD concentrations) Also, that in my nine months of medical-marijuana therapy I have had perhaps half a dozen migraines, only one of great severity, and before my therapy began I was having three or four a month, quite severe generally, affecting all aspects of my life negatively. It has been a god-send. Compassionate people everywhere should support the medical use, regardless of their views of the recreational use of this helpful herb.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by joechip]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I wish the conspiracy chicks would talk a little bit about this thread.

EDIT:

I think it would be very beneficial... and Obama is CIA! he's the president... duh

[edit on 7-9-2010 by matt4GA]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I'm front row center for getting it legalised, My plan is getting everyone in australia (or the stoners at least) to sit out the front of every cop shop and light a joint. If every stoner in oz was willing to smoke out the front of their respective authoritarian complexes it would have to be legalised.

you guys need to start listening to free talk live.
www.freetalklive.com...
they are located in new hampshire and its a great liberty oriented radio/podcast....they actually had a smoke out on the court house steps every day for like a week....even went to the police station and smoked at the front door....

Keene, NH Liberty activist Rich Paul decided to start a cannabis civil disobedience event at 4:20 every day in central square of downtown Keene, NH. It started on Monday and has been growing wildly ever since. See what happened on Thursday, September 24rd, 2009, on day four of the daily 420 Celebration.

NH: Marijuana party swarms state house property

www.freetalklive.com...

Unlike those right-wing or left-liberal extremist shows, Free Talk Live is talk radio that ANYONE can take control of. Yes, even you. Free Talk Live is the next generation of issues oriented talk. What is the meaning of freedom? This show is about Liberty with a capital L.

Ian the founder of free talk live....

OnAir: Monday-Saturday
A Florida native who started in radio at 17, Ian made the move to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project in 2006. By day he is the affiliate relations department for Free Talk Live. He's also a blogger at FreeKeene.com and the Program Director of the Liberty Radio Network. As a liberty activist who advocates and performs civil disobedience and noncooperation, he is also on the board of directors of the Civil Disobedience Evolution Fund. Ian appreciates his influences in the radio industry. To give credit where credit is due, special recognition goes out to Bob Garrett, Lionel, The Love Doctors, Phil Hendrie, Harry Browne, and Dan and Scott.

enjoy guys.....

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
"Psychedelics are not illegal because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a first story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve phonic structures and culturally laid-down novels of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong."

- Terence McKenna

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Amaterasu I would like to thank you for creating this thread... It was very well thought out... Thank You for providing information, which I see as informative.

It is a huge conspiracy... I wish the site owner would get in on this...

EDIT to ADD:: BEST THREAD EVER>!

[edit on 8-9-2010 by matt4GA]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by matt4GA
Amaterasu I would like to thank you for creating this thread... It was very well thought out... Thank You for providing information, in such an intelligent way...

It is a huge conspiracy... I wish the site owner would get in on this...

EDIT to ADD:: BEST THREAD EVER>!

[edit on 8-9-2010 by matt4GA]

edit on 8-9-2010 by matt4GA because: yes I was updating my post and somehow double posted....

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
A reminder-

Posted at the top of each thread in the Alt. Sub. Conspiracies Forum:

...Personal use, advocacy of legalization, and related non-conspiratorial topics are not allowed. Members posting about personal recreational use of drugs and related mind-altering substances may be banned without warning.This forum is not intended for discussion of legalization advocacy or speculation of enlightenment or spiritual possibilities related to drug use.

The Topic:

edit on Wed Sep 8 2010 by Jbird because: clarity

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jbird
A reminder-

Posted at the top of each thread in the Alt. Sub. Conspiracies Forum:

...Personal use, advocacy of legalization, and related non-conspiratorial topics are not allowed. Members posting about personal recreational use of drugs and related mind-altering substances may be banned without warning.This forum is not intended for discussion of legalization advocacy or speculation of enlightenment or spiritual possibilities related to drug use.

The Topic:

edit on Wed Sep 8 2010 by Jbird because: clarity

Please take a look at when it was posted originally. It was unclear back in 2007 what the policy was, and no one said a thing about it back then. If I was posting it today, I would have left that out.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I don't believe this thread is in the wrong... as it's just stating facts... IMO it's a conspiracy that it's illegal.

Straight forward to the point, no getting around it. conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
O and what makes it even more of a conspiracy... Is now when I post in here... for some ODD reason it doesn't show up on recent posts... very ... Hopefully it's just a look over by me... someone want to clarify?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Once again a great post argumenting against the war on cannabis. Now if only everyone would wake up, but it is a hard thing to achieve when you keep in mind that all of us have been brainwashed for our whole lives to think about weed as the works of the devil.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join