It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug War Conspiracy... (Part 1)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by x4nder
I agree with basically all of it - although I have some heavy smoker friends who HAVE gone a bit doo-lally. Basically, it is IMO quite dangerous for developing minds, and I would never recommend starting before 17 or so. All those I know it messed up were smoking bongs at the age of 14.

About addiction, although it is technically not physically addictive, it certainly is mentally addictive, and although I have never experienced it myself some friends of mine claim to experience withdrawal symptoms (may be exagurated).

I liked the driving under the influence part (obviously true). Nearby my house a car driven by a "stoned" someone resulted in somebodies death, and the media lashed out at cannabis something chronic. Ignorance is truly everywhere.

I'm not yelling for teenagers to go get waxed up. But if your friends seem a little doo-lally as you put it I hardly think it was from taking bong hit's. Weed leads to the munchies's and an all out assault on fast food thats where the real dangers may be is getting waxed up and raiding the Taco Bell for 40 big beef burrito's and having a massive heart attack from high fat and such. Weed does not damage brain fuction. Now having said that if the weed is laced with a chemical agent to induce a more violate reaction then it would most certainly take on a very dangerous form. And the withdrawal IMO is just the fact maybe they have been smoking and eating alot of counter active foods that are high in carbs and sugars and once you stop smoking and then high wears off and your left to digest some real crappy foods you had for snack time then you are going to feel like crap..i.e. withdrawal. But this is not medical it's just M.O.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?????

23 flags and only 18 replies.

Come on peeps, we want your opinions and imput, not just annonymous approval!

What are you afraid of?

Should cannabis be illegal? imo: no!

Do cannabis dealers fund serious crime? imo: rarely, it's more social than anything else!

Will cannabis lead to heavier drugs? imo: why bother when you have the universe at your fingertips!

Can cannabis provide alternatives to fuels, synthetic pharmaceuticals, textiles etc? imo: absolutley, and should!

Does cannabis give you, or enhance psycological problems? imo: sometimes, but it can also help you understand them. Down to the individual. Most people can take it or leave it. The same cannot be said of harder drugs and prescription drugs!

Smoking cannabis, or even growing and selling it is certainly not a crime in my book, and for governments to treat people who do is a ridiculous waste of time and money. This is one of natures gifts that has such remarkable powers that frankly, it scares the "big boys" and makes them afraid of losing control over the masses and losing profit from it's alternatives.

I have, and will always advocate it's medicinal use in young and old, and believe it is natures way of getting the most out of ourselves, spiritually, recreationally and in medicinal use. My bestest and nicest friends ever have been "smokers".

Yes, there are some people who get paranoid, unhappy or sick from it's use, but who's to say they wouldn't be like that anyway. No-one's forcing them to use it, and those that do "smoke", accept that they don't! They're still friends.

I can only speak from my own personal experience, and I say: "I never would have believed this universe, my universe, could be so grand, enigmatic, powerful, thought- provoking, colourful and just so damn big".

So come on peeps, what say you?

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
it damages me personally that i face so much persecution for something which has been such a benefit in my life. i crave a change, not just in the legal aspect, but also in the way of everyday social perception.

...just tired of living just to die, i guess. and i dont understand why everybody isn't.

!!! SOCIAL CHANGE !!!

=dkp

[edit to add exclaimation points on 24-5-2007 by tgidkp]

[edit on 24-5-2007 by tgidkp]

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon
It's also stupid that a night at the pub would cost the same as some skunk which would last 3 times as long. Life is boring, MJ makes it barable.

in reference to what i said ^up there^...

why do you, shrunkensimon, feel so terrible about life?!

the answer to that question is the answer to what, exactly, in society needs to change.

!!! LEGALIZE POT !!!

!!! SOCIAL CHANGE !!!

=dkp

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
that's funny!

of the last 5 threads that i have commented on (out of 5 total), mine has been the final reply. this also includes the thread that i started, myself.

am i too weird? or is the topic just "dead"?

this is very discouraging...

...wont someone else post?

"i'm sorry, i'll be good. i care. Really, i do!"

dkp

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
WOW! I've been smoking 20+ years now, and having just had an L-4, L-5 herniated disc with resulting ACUTE Sciatica (Actually, I am still dealing at the moment- MRI on Tuesday) I found that smoking tended to focus my mind on the back pain more. I quit for a few weeks and stuck with the prescription narcotics (Vicadins and Percosets), steroids (Prednisone) and muscle relaxants (Flexerils). In fact, I was enjoying a "welcome back" noochies as I read the original post!
I'm definately glad I'm off all the prescriptions drugs and steroids- they made me mad, sad, lonely and I hated it all! I'll take stoned over all that any day. I quit drinking 10 years or so ago and never looked back. It made me tend towards "Bad Decision Man!" status so I stopped.
Marijuana makes me stay home at night and keeps me focused on what needs to be done starting at 7:00 AM everyday.
I don't care if it's illegal, it really doesn't cost much and everybody and their mother KNOWS I smoke and even though I have a lot of friends and family IN local Government (County Sheriff, Local Police, local political seats) THEY don't care, they think "He gets his work done with family and takes care of them and THANK GOD HE DOESN'T DRINK ANYMORE!" (I was a drunk who made bad decisions at the worst time possible)

Meh, it's such a moot topic with me. Pot wins!

Cuhail

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
"Bad Decision Man!"

...perhaps i will use this as MY new alias. i am going through something very similar right now. glad to hear that cannibus wins. cheers, to your "welcome back" noochies!

dkp

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsloanBut if your friends seem a little doo-lally as you put it I hardly think it was from taking bong hit's. Weed leads to the munchies's and an all out assault on fast food...

Well, I come from a town that was once voted #1 weed town, with the highest population of smokers, young and old. I have seen first hand what this can do, my best friend at the time as I said was bonging at 14, heavily. I left for uni at 18 and I saw him a year later, I could hardly recognise him. He spoke a bit like a madman, had psychiatrists and medication, was on incapacity benefit from the government. He admitted to me that at the time there was actually another voice in his head. I think the reasons for this are either/both exaccurbating an existing predisposition, or/and, as THC changes the way in which the brain grows (very prominant whilst the brain is still developing (under 18 or so)), which leads to troubles. Sure, he had a few pills, a bit of coc aine, but weed was the one that got him.

He just just one example of many people from my town, more than several of which have committed themselves.

As for the withdrawal symptoms, I can't comment as I haven't experienced them, except maybe being a little bit more on edge for a day or two. Mostly I just get bored.

Cannabis is great, even though if not treated carefully it can be quite a bad influence to your life. All things sensibly and with moderation.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady Nor is it physically addictive, there are no withdrawal symptoms, even if you've smoked 25 joints a day for 50 years, still there are no withdrawal symptoms, not one.

You are joking correct?

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Marijuana definitely leads to harder drug use. A problem which could be solved through legalisation.

Being somewhat of a stoner for over 10years I've had to deal with a lot of people involved with the harder drugs and a lot worse just to get a few cones. If I could just go down to the shops and buy it legally I wouldn't have to associate with criminals.

Not the usual gateway argument, but the only one that's actually accurate.

Isn't the main reason for it being illegal something to do with it competing with cotton back in the day?

The world needs to take a smart approach to drugs, the war on drugs has obviously failed for its said purpose. However the actual purpose is probably a raving success.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I think it is somewhat hypocritical that whilst drugs such as tobacco and alcohol are illegal, marijuana is not, my main argument for this is people tend not to assault one another whilst on marijuana, unlike when on alcohol, therefore using marijuana is a self-regarding action , in that other people are not impacted by a person using it.

However, if it were to be legalised, there should be restrictions. For example; no-one under a certain age should be able to use or possess it as it is arguable that marijuana can damage a developing brain. Also, there would have to be stringent quality controls, as smoking marijuana that contains silicon is so dangerous.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Sure, he had a few pills, a bit of coc aine, but weed was the one that got him.

that's just silly.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krahzeef_Ukhar
Marijuana definitely leads to harder drug use. A problem which could be solved through legalisation.

Being somewhat of a stoner for over 10years I've had to deal with a lot of people involved with the harder drugs and a lot worse just to get a few cones. If I could just go down to the shops and buy it legally I wouldn't have to associate with criminals.

Not the usual gateway argument, but the only one that's actually accurate.

Isn't the main reason for it being illegal something to do with it competing with cotton back in the day?

The world needs to take a smart approach to drugs, the war on drugs has obviously failed for its said purpose. However the actual purpose is probably a raving success.

Your kidding right?
A gate way drug...A gate way drug....Anyone who lets those words roll of their tounge must know that is the same as if I were to tell you that chocolate is a gate way junk food. Do you see how silly that sounds. Weed is not a gate way any thing. People are the gate way the power of choice is the gate way. Weed does not alter your thought process to think you need to try another drug. This gate way drug crap is propaganda for those who wish not to try weed. Thats fine if you don't. It's not a big deal. But don't go around preaching drug demon propaganda. There is no such gate way drug. It's all thought up anti-drug campain speaking points thats it. People have the choice to smoke or not. They have the choice to inject crank and what ever else they choose in thier arms and legs and what ever else they choose. It's choice. It's not a gate way,, it's a choice. The only thing that cause people to choose to try a harder drug is them selves.
...pfffft..gate way drug. After all the billions and billions the governmnet has poured into this "war on drugs" you would think they could spin some better anti-propaganda terms. Instead they have CHOOSEN to use low budget alien anti-drug campains that I'm sure cost the tax payers millions and thousands to produce. Wow wonder where the money trail goes.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I would like to add some important related information to this thread.

There is a book called "The Hundred Year Lie" that exposes the poisoning of society with the introduction of synthetic chemicals over 100 years ago. These chemicals in the water, the food supply and the products that we use affect us a great deal and I have first-hand experience with a test I did on myself.

I was on antidepressant medication for over 6 years and believed what the doctors told me when they said that I had a 'chemical imbalance' and would probably have to stay on the meds indefinitely. I did my own research and discovered that there is no such thing as a natural chemical imbalance in the brain... and that the chemicals we take in to our bodies everyday cause all kinds of illnesses and disease (including mental illness). Plus, my research included the healing properties of organic fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, whole grains and herbs.

So I went off of my antidepressant medication (no easy task) and stopped consuming food that contains chemicals (no easy task). I found that as long as I stay on chemical-free food, I have no anxiety or depression. But when I consume something that contains chemicals, my anxiety and depression return. Luckily it's temporary and all I have to do is get back on the chemical-free food and the mental issues disappear again.

I believe that marijuana is an herbal remedy put on this earth along with all of the other herbal remedies for the human population to utilize in maintaining our health. By the way... there are herbal cures for cancer and other diseases as well but the FDA tries to cover up this information.

I recommend that anyone who researches the truth about marijuana should also be including this additional information in order to get a well-rounded view of society's overall health.

You can find tons of articles on these topics at the NewsTarget website (www.newstarget.com...). Mike Adams exposes the scams of the FDA on a regular basis and it's shocking when you know the truth about what's really going on.

Also, visit the website for the book "The Hundred Year Lie" at (www.hundredyearlie.com...). Be sure to check out the "Slippery Slope Index" which is 5 pages that detail the progression of illness, diseases and declining health as these synthetic chemicals were introduced over 100 years ago. It's shocking information and will make you seriously change the way you eat.

One more great place to do research is at the Cosmetics Safety Database at www.cosmeticdatabase.com.... This database contains thousands of products including makeup, cleansers, lotions, toothpastes, deodorants, baby care products and more that contain highly toxic chemicals. This allows you to determine what products are safe to use and which ones you should stay away from. Tip: Most of the mainstream products being used and advertised everyday are the most toxic ones!

Ok, great thread... party on dudes!

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Tsloan, If you actually read what I said you may understand.

It's naive to think marijuana isn't a gateway drug but the only reason for that is it's illegality. To be able to smoke this relatively harmless herb you DO have to deal with criminals, that can't be denied. Most stoners start young and therefore you have a lot of impressionable people forced to associate with criminals.

Your always going to have kids smoking, but are they better of getting there buds off someone who'd prefer to sell them more addictive and profitable crack, ice etc, or from there older brother going down to the local kwik e mart?

I understand your hatred of the term "gateway" drug cause I agree that the way it's usually used is reefer madness propaganda.

I'm surprised people have a problem with this comment. Anyone whose known any serious stoners knows that it can mess you up. A pill here and there is pretty much harmless unless your unlucky (And you'll know it's not the weed). Coke I don't know much about personally but once again unless your a full on fiend it's basically the same provided you know what your taking.

If you haven't heard of someone wigging out from one too many cones then you either aren't a stoner or your area may just get crap weed.

I do know of a guy who thinks he's a glass of orange juice from an extremely botched '___' flight. Your definitely not getting that from weed but it can mess you up nonetheless.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
why do you, shrunkensimon, feel so terrible about life?!

the answer to that question is the answer to what, exactly, in society needs to change.

I think you misquoted me (you got two bits together which were infact seperate sentances, or something). But to answer your question;

I do not feel terrible about life, don't let my writing decieve you! I feel saddened by the state of our planet, and the course humanity seems set to run on.. the general decline of society and environment before we wipe ourselves out. But not life itself.

Life, existence itself IS perfection. We can not see it most of the time because of the severe duality on our planet (good vs evil, us vs them).

Life is an illusion. What you see before you is not all that exists.. that in itself, which i know is fact, gives me hope to get by each day, despite the whole society going down hill thing..

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Tsloan, If you actually read what I said you may understand.

It's naive to think marijuana isn't a gateway drug but the only reason for that is it's illegality. To be able to smoke this relatively harmless herb you DO have to deal with criminals, that can't be denied. Most stoners start young and therefore you have a lot of impressionable people forced to associate with criminals.

Your always going to have kids smoking, but are they better of getting there buds off someone who'd prefer to sell them more addictive and profitable crack, ice etc, or from there older brother going down to the local kwik e mart?

I understand your hatred of the term "gateway" drug cause I agree that the way it's usually used is reefer madness propaganda.

I'm surprised people have a problem with this comment. Anyone whose known any serious stoners knows that it can mess you up. A pill here and there is pretty much harmless unless your unlucky (And you'll know it's not the weed). Coke I don't know much about personally but once again unless your a full on fiend it's basically the same provided you know what your taking.

If you haven't heard of someone wigging out from one too many cones then you either aren't a stoner or your area may just get crap weed.

I do know of a guy who thinks he's a glass of orange juice from an extremely botched '___' flight. Your definitely not getting that from weed but it can mess you up nonetheless.

So your telling me that the local drug dealer is going to sit you down and force you to partake in a harder drug? Look I know the "responsible" dealer and the "drug" lord take on this. Bottom line if your going to puchase your weed from dealer and he offers you a harder drug it's your choice. Your choice...once again your choice. There is no gateway to it there might be a gate way that you open up to allow yourself to get into the dealers yard but there is no such thing as a gate way drug. It's a term that was made up by a group of advertisment jockeys that helped put together the governments anti-drug campain. Not all people who smoke shoot up, not all who shoot up smoke. Gate way drugs do not exist. You choose to take that pill and smoke that joint and drink that beer not one leads to the other the person who chooses to do this is responsible for the actions he/she takes. Personal responsiblity is the only way you choose to do something unless you are spiked up not knowing or forced against your will to take a drug. You make that choice to take,shoot,smoke,drink. No matter how many different drugs your dealer pedals off on you in the end you are responsible for what you do. If you start smoking crack who says that's going to lead to weed? Where's the gateway? Just because he's got it doesn't mean you have to do it.

Next time one of my patients come in my lab I'm going to offer him/her a jolly rancher candy in hopes that this gateway hard candy will lead to blow pops and then rock candy then the dreaded jaw breaker in hopes they screw there bite occlusion up and need to see the orthodontist and then need retainers there fore make more profit for my lab...?do you see how I can tie this false gate way crap to any thing?
By the way I'm not try to be a ass I'm just really tired of these terms being used as scare tactics. And as sad as it is, It doesn't take much scare tactics to get people to"fall in on the internet" if you undertstand what I'm saying.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
You can't compare it to candy. Candy is easily available. And you don't have to associate with criminals to get it.

It's definitely a choice thing, but do you really believe if marijuana was legalised there wouldn't be a significant drop in other drugs? There is choice and there's availability as well.

A person who never sees Heroin probably has a lower chance of being a smackie don't ya think?

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

from KrahzeefUkhar:
To be able to smoke this relatively harmless herb you DO have to deal with criminals, that can't be denied.

Can't be denied........unless, of course.........you grow your own or have a friend who does!

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   

To be able to smoke this relatively harmless herb you DO have to deal with criminals, that can't be denied.

First off, let me say that I understand where you're coming from saying that pot can be a gateway drug. To obtain marijuana, you sometimes have to deal with people who sell multiple drugs. I've delt with this on many occasions. But, I'd say about 75% of the time I'm getting it from a very close friend, who got it from a very close friend, who may have had to deal with someone who sold multiple drugs. Second, "criminal" is subject to opinion. Because I smoke a joint, that makes me a criminal. So I guess my co-workers have to deal with a criminal all day. But, even when I've had to resort to going to a person's house that has a lot of different drugs, they've never once asked my if I wanted anything else. That's not to say that I've never bought anything else – but, when I did, I had to ask for it. I'm not saying that it's the same the world over, but even when I've been with friends to other's houses, it's been the same routine.

To blame weed for pushing someone over the edge is a little funny. Granted that guy felt fine after a pill ... then a line ... but when he smoked, he lost it. Not uncommon. But, is that to say that if the guy smoked, then took the pill, then did a line, would it be the line that pushed him over the edge? Comibinations often do that. But, to label one ingredient is a little overboard. When I drink too much, I don't enjoy smoking weed. It makes my head spin. So I try to use my "combinations" appropriately. Everyone's got an opinion that drug users and drug abusers go hand in hand. Maybe most of the time. But, I understand my limits and abide by them.

Most people I know that have lost it off acid, have been un-knowingly dosed – which is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard of anyone doing. That should be a crime, lol, I guess it is. Speaking of dosing ... did you know that members of the CIA would dose each other while the CIA was still working on MK Ultra? They'd always tell the person after they dosed them, but still ... than's just crazy in my book. Most of the time the circumstances have to be perfect to have an enjoyable trip. To start feeling funny and then someone tell me that they just dosed me would ruin the entire thing.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join