It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Situation X scenario: Reign of fire.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Any weapon the average person has at home, even a survivalist, is unlikely to hurt a creature such as you describe. My strategy would be to hide somewhere that they could not reach, like a cave with a small entrance or that sort of thing, and wait for the military to take them out. The situation then becomes one of essentially waiting, where you would still need the standard food, radio, and the rest of it, that is pretty much required for any Situation X. This assumes that the military could handle the problem... if not, then we are probably screwed :p

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Men and your bombs. In a stress situation such as this one, how would one control crying, confused children? Not to mention the panic riots? Our first major obstacle would not be the dragons themselves, but how to gather people into groups for shelter so that we could learn about these creatures. This shelter could perhaps be underground with small surveillance equipment above. Or even better equipped with satellite computers to pin point where these dragons are. Now this shelter would have to have its own generator, food, fresh water, and other necessities.

In these shelter groups, biologists could observe the dragons. They could discover where creatures sleep, how they interact with one another, and what kind of food that they eat. Once they have these tools they could then devise ways to destroy these creatures or even better, how to control them. Even though while studying these creatures, the cost of human life would be high, in the end it is the only way to survive.

I sometimes believe that we as humans forget what has made us strong. It is our brains compacity to think, not our bombs and weapons.

This was my first thought when I read the post and ran with it.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Well, Pilgrams, I guess ya' heard that loud and clear. So think your way outa' this mess. And she'll take care of the youngen's down in the bunker. That away ya' won't be distracted.

Much obliged for the encouragement, little lady.

[I do the Duke better in person.
]

[edit on 25-5-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   
oh my god... we have to get more of these situation x threads going... this is too good...

I would invent a dragon sized computer.... install warcraft and pay for accounts for all dragons... i would locate these computers as far from the dragons food and hydration source, so that eventually they would accidentally kill themselves off...

(I'm going with the darwin aspect this time around...)

Coven

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Never thought I'd post on the Survival forum but this one piqued my interest

What I'd do is watch "Reign of Fire" and mostly do the opposite of everything they tried in that film at the start

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   
McDragons Resaurant

I'd offer these wayward dragons the opportunity for gainful employment and integration into wider economic-society within a business franchise where their skills with fire could be put to constuctive use. A dragon's weakness for gold coins and treasure would be exploited at the offer of an above-minimum-wage salary (and free meals and uniform), and certified training and qualifications in the art of dragon-fire burger broiling (city and guilds level 2 equivalent)

..dyou want fries with that?

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
i'd set up a 3d radar via ground, take a helicopter to the sky, sky dive out with a couple mates (taking nets and parachutes of course and net the dragon in the air... Duh!

seriously.... we have some really fast aeroplanes ey? I doubt a dragon could reach mach 1 let alone mach 1.2 at cruise?

few rockets...

even helicopters with rockets...

missiles even

hell napalm the dragon and suck the oxygen outta the air

nerve gas work? ;-P
how bout mustard?

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This thread is a lot of fun. I too think we need more goofy threads like this for a few reasons. One it lets us stretch our imagination. two it lets us have some goofy fun, and three it brings in new comers with new ideas. If a movement doesn't get new ideas it ceases to be.

In regards to the dragons, All we would have to do is tell the war criminal bush that they have oil hid and watch him go after them using WMD as the excuse.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I would deal with Dragons the same way any other introduced species are dealt large amounts poisoned bait 1080
is your friend. In order to make life difficult for the dragons improvised land mines could be deployed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join