It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I stand by War On Terrorism and Love United States

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
You support this War on Terror?

Terrorism is carried out by small, organized groups of people, not armies of a foreign country. I have yet to work out how de-stabalising the middle east does anything but increase terrorist attacks all over the region. Defeating terrorism is a great thing that pretty much every sane person would back, but the current administration is doing it all wrong... and that is where the resentment stems from.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
First, many assumed my thread was bashing America, and it required pages of reading to realize that it wasn't. Blaine19555 and AngryAmerican both felt that way, and we have come out the other side realizing that we agree more than disagree.

Your words in the original post were most assuredly an Anti-American rant. In fact here is a quote -

Why is this' rant' here? Because this is a conspiracy. A conspiracy of complacency. You are collectively too self absorbed to do more than vent at a keyboard. You have your SUV at the curb, your microwave dinner ready, so go on and ignore this. It is the way of this nation to ignore the truth. It is the way of those here to look for faults in others, all the while downplaying their own part in this tragic drama.

At the beginning your post read as if written by someone who is not an American Citizen and I'm still not sure that you are. I just read it again and I can not tell. It repeats many of the negative statements made by obvious America bashers who post here. It did belong in the Rant section in my opinion.

Please don't use me to justify your statements just because I was polite and backed off out of respect for the board rules and because it was an untenable debate. When you use the same words as the enemy to attack Americans you become their supporter. At that point we disagree very much. If we are to be destroyed from within the cause is demonstrated here on this board every day. When a body is diseased you attack the disease, you don't kill the body.

Much of the World has benefited from our actions around the World. They hate us until they need us then they demand our help as if they deserve it. That is the real truth. Imagine a world where Hitler won. Makes me shudder just to think about it. A world where only those of the correct ancestry who were without physical imperfection would have been allowed to live.

If you want to hate something or someone hate the Terrorists and those who support them as they are the true evil. You live in the Greatest Democracy ever to exist. It can't be all that bad. There are conspiracies that need to be addressed in this country but most of what is suggested on this board is just wild speculation by angry people.

AryanWatch - Sorry about the high-jack. I was shocked to see my name thrown around like this. Your chosen board name concerns me though. I wonder if you might explain why you selected it? It might make it easier to read between the lines on your initial post? Its easier to debate or agree when I understand what possition you are coming from. AryanWatch sets off alarm bells for me? Does it mean what it implies?

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Accidentally posted twice due to crashing.

[edit on 23-5-2007 by selfless]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Accidentally posted twice due to crashing.

[edit on 23-5-2007 by selfless]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AryanWatch
This war will be remembered in history not by the records that the chat forums,conspiracy theorists,psycho-pseudo- sympathizers and humanitarian aid agencies maintain

*cough* Flamebait *cough*

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This 'war' isn't a war it's a MIC expenditure purely formernted on fear. Fear and the perception of good and evil has been seeped into the American mind for decades now. This has been done mostly through sci-fi and specific politically oriented dramas along with a neocon parade of opinion pieces. America-good, Arab-bad is really all it takes to get a hypnotized society on board.
This quote from Z. Brzezinski from his book The Grand Chessboard in 98' sums it up well, "Moreover, as America becomes an increasingly multi-cultural soceity, it may find it more difficult to fashion a consensus on Foreign policy issues, except in the circumstance of a truly massive and widely perceived direct external threat"

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Arayanwatcher,

I started a thread kind like this awhile back.

www.abovepolitics.com...

And like yours, you will get little, or no positive response!

Remember this is not an american based website, to many here have read too much about conspiracy, and such. These people have such a hatred for the USA that it blinds them to the truth!

Its like trying to explain what a tree looks like to a blind person, you get nowhere quick with these folks.

Unless you proclaim that you believe George Bush has 666 tatooed on his back, no one here will listen.

Its funny, the whole "deny ignorance" thing, the websites motto, but not if your an american!!

Good luck, and good post!!!

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by redseal

Remember this is not an american based website, to many here have read too much about conspiracy, and such. These people have such a hatred for the USA that it blinds them to the truth!

And some of these people have such a worship of authority figures that their cognitively challenged dogma blinds them to the truth!

Shouldn't "American" be capitalized, redseal?

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Sorry, gotta call BS on this one

Actually 2/3 of the membership is American. Don't like what your fellow countrymen have to say?

Its funny, the whole "deny ignorance" thing, the websites motto, but not if your an american!!

Maybe there's a real problem in America that YOU don't want to see.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Sorry, gotta call BS on this one

Actually 2/3 of the membership is American. Don't like what your fellow countrymen have to say?

See what I'm talkin about?

[edit on 5/23/2007 by redseal]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Intrepid, do you have the numbers? I'd like to see them.

I didnt think regular old moderators were privy to such private info, but if you have it please show it.

And you say "BS" didnt we all just get informed about the wwjd, omg, wtf style abbreviations?

Come on your a "MOD", shouldnt you know better?

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

And some of these people have such a worship of authority figures that their cognitively challenged dogma blinds them to the truth!

Shouldn't "American" be capitalized, redseal?

AHHHHHHHHH good one, looks like more shots for you and the old lady!!

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Redseal, you are missing and important fact, Bush is not America bush is an elected official that his job is to work for the people of America.

So far, that is the last thing he has done, his war on terror is nothing than a corporate agenda, and even his own political party are against what he has done so far. . .

People and the world seems to hate America because the work of one man and his loyalties to the groups he serve over this nation.

I love my country and I love my fellow Americans citizens but I despised the way our political systems has fallen into the hands of a few that their purpose is ruled by greed and power while lying about doing all they do for the good of the nation and the people.

That is balony.

Don't get confuse because some are having a hard time separating Bush the president from the nation that he represents our nation.

[edit on 23-5-2007 by marg6043]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
redseal why do you come on here if you dislike ats so much?

Conflict of interests....

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

We have the same problem as Europe and the Middle East. We don't need an enemy from outside when we are doing a great job of destroying ourselves from within. I'm old enough to remember when the former Soviet Republic claimed they would defeat us "without firing a shot". We were supposed to be brought down by drugs, civil unrest and immorality. I'm not so sure we won the Cold War. The real winners may be sitting back, biding their time until they can take over.

[edit on 5/23/2007 by Blaine91555]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I love my country and I love my fellow Americans citizens but I despised the way our political systems has fallen into the hands of a few that their purpose is ruled by greed and power while lying about doing all they do for the good of the nation and the people.

That is balony.

Don't get confuse because some are having a hard time separating Bush the president from the nation that he represents our nation.

[edit on 23-5-2007 by marg6043]

Bravo! Perfectly stated

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Dude, you might want to revisit your signature and actually give it some thought this time. Well said both Marg and Blaine.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Blaine91555,I never said we were in total agreement, and we are not. Yet, I thought it a true statement that we loved this nation enough to seek ways to make it change. That was all that I meant.

You mentioned my comment on complacency. This is a conspiracy by ignorance. Apathy is when less than one third of voters bother. Are you not for participation in government? Do you not see this as the really big conspiracy?

You may question my standing as an American if you wish. I will not lower myself to your disguised slander of being unpatriotic, as espoused by the Bu#es. If what I say in these posts is similar to those who 'bash' America, then maybe that is because our nation has some glaring faults.

Did you bother to read further than your last post in my thread?

But trust me, I will not further sully your good name by having it associated with my own. This was my error, and I repent for all to see. Yet, in my mind will I consider you a friend, for you too stand for this nation, and to me that is worth much.

As to what I hate, it is easy to define. I hate those who remove our freedoms in the name of security, who exhort us to dreams of empire, who lie, cheat and steal under the cloak of service. I hate those who disregard the Constitution of These United States of America.

Choose this day, what path your children's feet will trod.

[Edit by NGC: How in the hell did my word B-u-s-h-i-t-e-s, meaning followers of the 'Bush" mentality, become a "bad" word, and have the censor overwrite it? I protest in the strongest terms!]

[edit on 23-5-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Redseal, you are missing and important fact, Bush is not America bush is an elected official that his job is to work for the people of America.

And I believe he is, The war on terror is not 3rd gen nukes planted in the world trade center for insurance money! Every one wants a scapegoat here because it it politically incorrect to blame anyone but white american males!!

So far, that is the last thing he has done, his war on terror is nothing than a corporate agenda, and even his own political party are against what he has done so far. . .

Corporate agenda?? Why am I paying 3.50 a gallon for gas?? First it was "IRAQ for oil" now its corporate agenda since the previous has seem to run a muck! When one idea fails just try another!!

[qoute]People and the world seems to hate America because the work of one man and his loyalties to the groups he serve over this nation.

Bad grammar, dont understand this line.

This is typical rebulican vs. democrat rhetoric. You are so bound by your liberal views that if a dog was running under the democrat ticket you would vote for it. Woof woof. Some follow party lines so closely that they cant think for them selves.

That is balony.

sure

[qoute]Don't get confuse because some are having a hard time separating Bush the president from the nation that he represents our nation.

Blind is one who cant see their hand in front of their face.

I see terrorisum for what it is, radical muslims.

Its not your every day muslim, it is the radicals!

Sorry if that wasn't politically correct, but it is the truth no matter how you lefties try to swing it!!

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Dude, you might want to revisit your signature and actually give it some thought this time. Well said both Marg and Blaine.

Hey you got those numbers yet??

The last thing we need here is a mod "denying ignorance"!!

So lets see those numbers, if they are true!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join