It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My mouse or printer won't work, help!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Integrated Sound Card==wild errors==no USB, because poor little CPU cain't take it.

If the guy/gal likes spinning out their system totally to do something; i.e., whirl a disc, fine.

But once those integrated parts are shot, it's difficult to send back for re-busing. Kind of like re-grouting your bathroom with a fine tooth comb.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Seriously...

If your USB ports don't work after you've reinstalled Windows, and if you had some USB stuff connected while you reinstalled: Disconnect the USB stuff and install Windows again. If you reinstalled without USB stuff connected and the USB ports still don't work, it's probably because you need to install a chipset driver for your motherboard.

Period.

bothered! This problem was not related to sound in any way

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Thanks everyone, sorry I have not been back, for a day or two. Yesterday I decided to reinstall everything and I unplugged everything first and then reinstalled the system and bingo it fixed the problem.

I reinstalled the software for the mouse and plugged it in and it worked great. I reinstalled the printer, but so far I have not started it ,as soon as I finished that, I had to go out, but I am hoping that it works ok as well. This is the first opportunity I have had to come back online and say thank you, so thank you each and everyone for your posts and help.

My computer is only three years old so I am thrilled that it is not fried and will work for awhile longer.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose

I unplugged everything first and then reinstalled the system and bingo it fixed the problem.

Excellent!

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Goose thats good to hear. Glad to know you got back up and running ok.

well, you gidgets can keep fidgettin', but I'm still bettin' daddy is gonna have to buy a new computer. THE ONLY TIME YOU REMOVE A DEVICE FOR squawkin', WHAT HAVE YOU, IS IF IT IS DESIGNATED "_HOT-SWAPPABLE_".

well bothered looks like you lost that bet. And second of all could you speak like a normal human being and keep the slang talk to a minimum? You added nothing of any value to this thread.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
For my record, as I stroke it on "MY" kbd., the orig. post clearly stated that there was "erroneous" sound from the speaker; from which hubby (This is before fancy edit jobs) promptly got ta yankin'/.

Hope that new puter is a good one---w/ re-enforcements.

Glad it's over.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
That's great news, goose!

I'm glad that everything worked out for you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join