It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War With Iran Has Begun 5/21/07

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 23 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   

War With Iran Has Begun 5/21/07

blogs.abcnews.com

The CIA has received secret Presidential approval to mount a covert "black" operation to destabilize the Iranian government.

CIA plan that reportedly includes a coordinated campaign of propaganda, disinformation and manipulation of Iran's currency and international financial transactions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-5-2007 by UM_Gazz]

+1 more 
posted on May, 23 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
This is a cornerstone in the coming war with Iran. This is unleashing the intelligence dogs upon your enemy. It can do nothing but anger and inflame the crazy leader of Iran.

Now that this action has been taken I believe a future of armed conflict with Iran is unstoppable.

blogs.abcnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Well, it seems like people are outraged looking at comments on the blog. They want him to be arrested for espionage. They believe he (and the rest of ABC) is putting the lives of US troops in danger. Which is in a way is true, seeing that Iran now have time to prepare defences...

Some of the comments...

You should be ashamed of yourselves for
broadcasting the report on the CIA
covert action against IRAN. The key
word here is SECRET. The report should
be considered traitorous.

Why, if it is covert, are you airing it and telling the Iranians what we are doing? Do you want more war and more killings of Americans? Let them do their job's and keep your mouths shut.

Brian Ross:
Seems you & the media will go to any extreme to show you bias agains the Bush Administration. Revealing classified operations is consorting with the enemy. I hope you can live with your tresonous actions!!!!!!

Not so secret anymore is it? This is why more than half of the stories Brian Ross reports are obsured. If it's so secret how'd did your team get the scoop? Secondly, if it is true, you should be arrested for espionage.

And so on...

It's a difficult two-sided coin. One the one hand people want to hear "the truth" from news agencies, on the other hand they're telling them to "shut up"...

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Just Curious Gemwolf: Would you consider me Treasonous or Traitorous for further distributing and exposing this secret? Please reply.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
Just Curious Gemwolf: Would you consider me Treasonous or Traitorous for further distributing and exposing this secret? Please reply.

In my opinion it wasn't that much of a secret if the ABC was able to get their hands on it. The US government should know better than to let "secrets" like that slip. (Perhaps it was done intentionally.) I admire ABC for revealing "the truth", even though they may not have foreseen the repercussions.
The Internet feeds itself.
So, no, I don't see you treasonous or traitorous in any way. There's no point in shooting the messenger. And I strongly doubt that you shared the information in order to harm anyone.
(Well I hope not.)

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   
so they`ve started yet another war with 2 not in anyway shape or form , finished.

amazing.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
And everyone thinks people really want to know the truth. Ever wonder why some people just don't blow the whistle anymore?

I mean people should if it's all true, be thankful that they got the information and it will allow them to make choices and become more aware of what their government is doing, but for some people it's more like shoot the messenger. The messanger didn't put the plans together.

I for one am glad this information is out, and I think the person who released the info, if it's on the up and up needs to be supported, so that others will come forward and tell us things that we need to know, things that could affect the future.

There are very few countries left with the social, and family structure that will be able to resist what is coming down the line, and for some reason Iran might be one of those countries. (Interestingly enough.)

If when people released need to know info, they were treated more like hero's than traitors or left to fend for themselves, we might have more of the information that we need to know.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harassment101
If when people released need to know info, they were treated more like hero's than traitors or left to fend for themselves, we might have more of the information that we need to know.

The problem, of course, is what is really "need to know" information, and when does it cross into the area of jeopardizing national security?

Take the example of the US tracking members of al Qaeda via their cell and satellite phones. It was working quite well, until somebody leaked this information to the world. That took away one of our effective surveillance tools.

Was the person that leaked that info a "hero"?

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   

The problem, of course, is what is really "need to know" information, and when does it cross into the area of jeopardizing national security?

I don't think iran has the power to attack united states, when you are talking about national security you are reffering to what? national security over borders?

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I wasn't referring to Iran specifically. I was referring to the issue of national security in general.

And Iran certainly does have the capability to strike us, from within. Just as al Qaeda struck us from within.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
Well, it seems like people are outraged looking at comments on the blog. They want him to be arrested for espionage. They believe he (and the rest of ABC) is putting the lives of US troops in danger. Which is in a way is true, seeing that Iran now have time to prepare defences...

All that does it prove how stupid those people are.

Im sure that the worlds intelligence agencies including the Iranians know whats going in if an ABC blogger knows about it.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI

If you had any characteristics that even closely resembled citizen or patriot, the terms treasonous or traitor may come into play, but I don't think you have to worry.

Your apparent active voice is enough for anyone to see that you hate the US Government, or at the very least, are so obsessed with criticizing it that you feel the need to disclose information that would otherwise be considered sensitive to military operations.

Although I agree that we have absolutely no right being in Iraq and even less right to engage Iran, the people we send (and please recognize that they are people, not requisitions or digital representations within a larger fictional virtual simulation) to fight for us, are doing so as part of their job.

Logically, if someone chooses a profession that involves killing other people and participating in violence to resolve conflict will likely receive a karmic return on their investment.

However, if by announcing a supposed secret operation you endanger another person's wellbeing (possibly leading them to death) while at the same time your views support the end to war and bloodshed, you undermine your efforts.

The choice here is either between neutral observer, which is an impossibility in the real world, or an active participant in an exchange that reaches in either direction from your statements....either supporting or condemning the subject of your statement.

AllSeeingI....who are you aiming at here? The Government in general? The CIA? A particular person within the CIA that you know?

Seriously, if we are going to war with Iran, I know I won't want to be the one to be associated with any efforts that could harm the CIA. I know I'm simply not that powerful and would get squashed like a bug by them if they wanted.

[edit on 23-5-2007 by newtron25]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
welll secret out. mums the word.

time for the patriot act to come into play. draft time it is. bring out the nukes. economic collapse while fighting the war. yeah fun

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I think the CIA has been trying to destabilize the Iranian theocratic regime for decades, so this isn't that earthshattering news.... *yawn*

But I do agree with the posters that news organizations shouldn't report stuff like this. They have the right to, but it's damn irresponsible, especially if sensitive information that would jeopardize the mission is revealed.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Ok, after reading this i assume Iranian leadership should strenghen physical defences of its key facilities, Because this smells like disinfo aimed to coffer distraction for some clandestine ops inside iran. Because these propaganda/de-stabilisation ops have been going on since the islamic revolution.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I wasn't referring to Iran specifically. I was referring to the issue of national security in general.

And Iran certainly does have the capability to strike us, from within. Just as al Qaeda struck us from within.

So any country in the world is fair game now? I mean isn't it true that any country could strike US from within in a terrorist fashion? Where do you draw the line then?

+3 more 
posted on May, 23 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Oh my God.

I don't know if i should laugh or cry. djohnsto, or jsobecky.. especially.
National Security.. Weapons of Mass Destruction... Safety... Security... the "Mission"... More Security in Change for Freedom... and even more SECURITY! Save our Soldiers but don't think about why they were sent to war! Save American Lives!
National Security! Civil Security... Executive Legislation! Popopopopolice State Humanity!!

Is that all you can think and talk about?
Sounds really Zombie-Tastic.
So is this the new Generation of Security-Automatons? ;]

Maybe you forgot that the Government is becoming very dangerous. And we are losing security instead of gaining anything.

How can you still care about the "National Security"?
The information should be here for everyone. Non-transparent governments and operations are one of the main reasons why we are in this mess in first place.

Can you give me an answer? But please.. i want some individuality in your elaborations. No automaton-answers, please.

If that is not possible, you might consider reprogramming yourselves with Trigger-Words as; basic human rights, international law, common sense, compassion, people... us.

I dont care about "National Security". That word doesn't make sense. And whistleblowers should be given a friggin medal for their civil courage... because it's those who call them traitors, who've got no clue.. and are treasonous themselves.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I am going to have to take the side of: The authoer of the blog did not disclose anything, nothing at all.

Real secrets are kept secret and it is for damn sure that ABC news would not be 'in the know' about an operation such as this.

I doubt the 'covert operation' would ever happen.

And perhaps an outside source 'leaked' this information as an attempt to further the nations dissaproval of the administration (as justified as that distate must be would seem irrelevant).

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by osram
How can you still care about the "National Security"?
The information should be here for everyone. Non-transparent governments and operations are one of the main reasons why we are in this mess in first place.

Complete transparancy is not a good thing. Certain things must be kept quiet until they are brought about.

Actions like the D-Day landings at Normandy come to mind. The location and date were kept secret out of a need for surprise.

My two cents on that.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Yalla'd streaks runnin't in my town. I'm a shot 'em down.

"HEE WASZ FROM IRAWQ!", now he's makin' fun of 'ya, heel dust kick.

Hit him, he's fast, he's qwik.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join