It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Prepare for Pole-Shift!...Earth loses its magnetism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Scientists have known for some time that the Earth's magnetic field is fading.

Like a Kryptonite-challenged Superman, its strength has steadily and mysteriously waned, leaving parts of the planet vulnerable to increased radiation from space.

Some satellites already feel the effects.

What is uncertain is whether the weakened field is on the way to a complete collapse and a reversal that would flip the North and South Poles.

Compasses pointing North would then point South.

Read The Full Article

[Edited on 5-1-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Hi Zion...good article.

However, a matter of semantics. This is not what is considered the "pole shift". This would be a "pole flip". Now whether the flip just precedes the shift is yet to be learned! but they are two separate things.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   
The pole reversal if it occurs will be after a substantial pole shift.

The poles have been shifting now for some time as proven by scientists.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Yes, but it also says that it would happen rather gradually when it does and would not be devastating the way they make it seem in films.
Whether or not I believe that is still in the air, but I do believe that it could be another 2,000 years before this happens... or so they say, so I am not quite panicking yet.
I think we have other problems closer to home to worry about at the moment, and I do not think there is much we can do about this one... although we may be trying, Could HAARP actually be an attempt to fix this?

[Edited on 5-1-2004 by NephraTari]

top topics

join